Nürburgring lap times

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Nürburgring lap times

Post by StipeP »

Ok, time for some competition:

After I spent the whole afternoon trying different cars and different setups for this track, I came to an idea to "brag about" in here about my results, so that the others would get offended and accept my challenge to beat my lap time.

(im on keyboard btw)
So here are some tryouts:
Team NFS Time Trial AWD Scion tC - 1st and only try ever: 6:41:xxx
Its amazing how stable that car is, you can torture it, and it will never let go. The grip is just phenomenal!

Then I wanted to try it out with my pride and joy - Works Veyron.
The default setting was damn-right scary! Very low grip, too much bodyroll, too soft, Although its fun drifting around slow bends like that, its a almost impossible trying to cope with it when doing over 300km/h through some fast corners - and Nurburgring has a lot of those.
Best I could do was the only time I didnt restart due to massive crash. It was bumpy, hitting few walls here and there, and I did a double pirouette but at least i was pointing at the right direction at the end and all wheels were still attached to the car. So... Default Veyron Works - 6:45:xxx

After that I spent some time with Radical SR3 only to find it - handfull. And got back to setting up the Veyron.

Since I couldnt get any real purpose in advanced tuning I got to quick tuning.
So - Max Grip, 75% in favour of Understeer, bit more on the top speed and faster cornering. And the result: 6:25:199

Veyron Works - setup: 6:25:199

Sadly I don't have screenshoot of it, but since there is much room for improvement,both concerning my driving and the setup, I'll post the pic of the new record.

So, tell me yours. What car do you fancy, what corners you find the most challenging, how to set BUMP-REBOUND, and all those little things that make you go a little bit faster. Lets see who is the fastest, by how much is the wheel faster than gamepad or keyboard or if someone plays with kinect :mrgreen:. What is the ultimate fastest car, what is the ultimate setup for this ultimate track, and is magical under 6:00 mins even possible.

But until then, among here, and by the time someone beats me - I ma the king of Nurbergring. 8) Yeah
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Nürburgring lap times

Post by YaelDjiel »

I'll give it a go :)
The 20s difference is huge, mind sharing the setup?
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

Yeh ill share it, but the 20s gap is more because it's now safer to drive with all that grip and understeer. I don't think its any faster, its just easier for me to keep it pointing in the right direction. Otherwise I was all over the place.

And btw. I really believe, with wheel, and the right setup, someone could get this car around in less then 6mins.
But what about Gumpert? With power index of 2300 I was expecting raw fury, but in the end, it was disappointingly slow. Sort of, soggy acceleration. Nothing close to Works V8 GTR R35, or Works Veyron.

Edit:

Improved the time a little bit more. Same car, same setup, just a better me :)
Veyron Works - 6:21:993

YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

did a quick 1 lap race in stock works veyron; 6:38:8
definitely not a very good lap, had 1 crash and some minor flaws.
the car is somewhat stable, but quite understeerey :/

i'll fool around a bit more, see what i can get :)

EDIT: 2nd try, on time attack, 6:26:6
definitely not an easy track with this car hehe
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

Understeerey? On default? I would rather call it heavy, since for me on full lock and full throttle it does slide about.

You are on wheel, gamepad or keys?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

i'm on pad :)

i leave it at that, this track is far too long and hard to keep repeating xD
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

Ok... lets see if the good old TS could do it better!
And hi Yael. Long time... :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

wuzzaaa :D
i take my hat off to you, for getting such a time on keyboard.
track+car = brutal :|

unsure if under 6min is possible... maybe for the true no-lifers :mrgreen:
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

There are 5.xx.xx times already on autolog :P
I might give the nurnburgring a few spins too ... such a mighty track 8)
*such a shame I don't have the patience to practice and learn it* :lol:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

FnF wrote:There are 5.xx.xx times already on autolog :P
This alone doesn't say much..
I've already heard about times under 10 seconds :arrow: plenty cheaters :x
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

You guys got any tips for reducing oversteer?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

LITE992 wrote:You guys got any tips for reducing oversteer?
http://www.needforspeed.com/post/shift- ... rce=shift2

"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Tip #1: Accelerate later. Seriously. For best results, always drive on or within the car's limits.

Setup tips: http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/rac ... ctions.htm
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Tip #1: Accelerate later. Seriously. For best results, always drive on or within the car's limits.

Setup tips: http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/rac ... ctions.htm
yes i a gree.

but on Nürburgring the car wants to break out alot. with a Lighter cars you have lots of oversteer

place just the Sway Bars the opposite from each other. you get more feeling wen to hit the throttle.
And you can correct your self wen you hit the throttle to soon.

wen you got oversteer and the car breaks out in the back, most time your just to late with correcting it.
and hit the wall.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

Thanks for the link above, helped alot. I'll give Nordschliefe a shot sometime soon when I get the time to do it (I love running laps on Monza). I'll give it a shot in my Works Nissan GT-R, Murcielago and McLaren F1 (when I get it).
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

The works LP640 (Murcielago) seems to be the fastest overall car. I got a 5:56.8 with it, and the really fast guys are just under 5:45. This is on the PC version. It's possible that the PC system a player has is having some effect on the game and the lap times you get. Shift 1 had a similar issue.
LITE992 wrote:You guys got any tips for reducing oversteer?
The oversteer seems to be a physics bug that creates yaw instability, which indirectly causes the oversteer. Setting rear tire pressure higher seems to help.

For setup on the LP640, I maximized downforce, and set tire pressure to 55 front, 70 rear to deal with the yaw bug in Shift 2 (otherwise tire pressure isn't having much effect on lap times), and centered suspension parameters.

Also the name of the track is Nordschleife. Nurburgring is the smaller GP track.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

Nordschielfe is referred to as Nurburgring most of the time in reality.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

LITE992 wrote:Nordschielfe is referred to as Nurburgring most of the time in reality.
yes this is true..
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I love doing 1 lap night races against 15 opponents on this track, using D-C class cars. Driving at night is relaxing for me even though im doing 240 km/h :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

LITE992 wrote:Nordschielfe is referred to as Nurburgring most of the time in reality.
Which is wrong unless you are racing at Nürburgring Norschleife, that is, part of the GP (Nürburgring) circuit and almost the entire Norsdschleife circuit. It's the endurance layout. :)

I love Nordschleife (The Green Hell), it is one hell of a track! It has an absurdly long straight, insane fast corners, slow corners, ups and downs, plenty of turns and no room for error. Any car there is a pleasure to drive. :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Which is wrong unless you are racing at Nürburgring Norschleife, that is, part of the GP (Nürburgring) circuit and almost the entire Norsdschleife circuit. It's the endurance layout. :)

I love Nordschleife (The Green Hell), it is one hell of a track! It has an absurdly long straight, insane fast corners, slow corners, ups and downs, plenty of turns and no room for error. Any car there is a pleasure to drive. :D
When i drive on Nordschleife at night its almost like Canyons in Carbon, except that you really don't see too much. Unfortunately even on Hard AI can't keep up with me. Sure, it will take some time to overtake them but once im first, ill just gradually increase the distance. I wish someone created a PRO AI mod or something.
LehmannDaHero
Stock
Stock

Post by LehmannDaHero »

16:32:01 with a stock AE86 :P First time I drove on the ring XD
ped2410
Stock
Stock

Post by ped2410 »

Did it in 6:20 min. made it in a works tuned bugatti with standart tunning setup. thats the regional record but still its 30 seconds from the world record. any body has a good setup for that car??? Sorry if i spelled some word wrong but im from Denmark. ;)
grnkjr0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by grnkjr0 »

ped2410 wrote:Did it in 6:20 min. made it in a works tuned bugatti with standart tunning setup. thats the regional record but still its 30 seconds from the world record. any body has a good setup for that car??? Sorry if i spelled some word wrong but im from Denmark. ;)
How can that 6:20 be a regional record, when I am from Denmark as well? Hello by the way - my name is Poul.

I have done Nordschleife way faster than that.....

I even still hold the WR (without using mods or similar) at Road America, but I have not played Shift 2 for some time now. Here is a video of my run...

Poul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x4s-fzW ... ideo_title
ped2410
Stock
Stock

Post by ped2410 »

Hey Poul. That sounds pretty wierd. I play shift 2 on playstation, dont know if that makes a diference. i can take a photo of the auto log to show you that im telling the truth. By the way, do you have a good tunning setup for the bugatti?

Ped2410

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”