Drift help!!!!

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
firespiting_baby
Ricer
Ricer

Drift help!!!!

Post by firespiting_baby »

I have finished all the drift events with a first place except for the one that is in like japan or something thats super tight and in order to get first you have to score 108 (i think its like the touge challenge i think im not sure tho) and i cant event get up to 70 Can anyone give me any advice on how to at least finish with at least a score of 109? im not looking for a record i just dont like seeing "completed 3 out of 4" THANKS :)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Drift help!!!!

Post by zedex »

firespiting_baby wrote:I have finished all the drift events with a first place except for the one that is in like japan or something thats super tight and in order to get first you have to score 108 (i think its like the touge challenge i think im not sure tho) and i cant event get up to 70 Can anyone give me any advice on how to at least finish with at least a score of 109? im not looking for a record i just dont like seeing "completed 3 out of 4" THANKS :)
ebisu?
that one's REALLY hard, but handbrake makes it a bit easier if you didn't in previous events
I found Miami on Final Slide much harder though
firespiting_baby
Ricer
Ricer

Post by firespiting_baby »

Thats it haha i cant keep my car going stright and get enough speed to get any points. i use the monster energy mustang that you win from the rival thing its really good try drifting in 2nd and 3rd gear with it cuz 1st doesnt get enough speed to keep a long drift going.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Try a smaller car for this track and try to get small drifts going, it should get you the score you need to at least get podium place. Horrible track though :shock:
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

I use stock tires as the the performance tires don't let you slide as much, they have too much grip.
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

Use a stock M3 E46, or a stock silvia.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah I modded my E46 and it's a bit too snappy now, once it gets into a drift it holds nicely but getting it there is hard.
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

I just stuck there.
I hate drifting in this game, more then I would hate to be stabbed every single day. Its so annoying, unpredictable, uncontrollable...
For once, it wont let you control the car. It countersteers on its own! Well firetruck you! Whoever designed this sht! Let me handle it. Sometime i dont want to it countersteer, for example when i am on straight and want to go straight to pick up the speed.
At low speeds its completely undrivable. First it shifts weight and second later it turns to the full lock and countersteers. Its so stupid, I find it the hardest to align the car before the corner. It just wobbles and eventually hits the wall. Terrible!

And then, what are the rules? How is the drift rated. Sometimes I dont get nothing even if I do pull out a nice slide, but sometimes, when I am bouncing the walls in total chaos, since controls dont control the car I am driving, it rewards me with some points.

As for Ebisu piece of crap. Its impossible. Its all random. Hitting this and that. Slow car, fast one... everything is the same. Just bouncing of those dirt walls, corners are too tight for the controls to react, drift is not being rated, crashing around seems to be. I guess I have to try 100000 times. Out of random, sometime those crashes would rank up enough points.

God how i hate this. And knowing that that chuby redneck retarded pig Vaugn Jr. had influenced the way the cars behave while drifting, makes me wanna go there, brand him, and throw him into stable. Fackin idiot. Honestly, I can drift so much better while in race mode, just turn of the stability control.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I need help with Miami on Final Slide.

No matter what i do, i can't even get to 3rd place required points, i end with 1520-1530 and required points are around 1580. I can't get that, let alone first place ~1800.

Anyway, 0 spin outs, drift whenever possible, still nothing. What am i doing wrong? Can someone, maybe, post a recorded run of this with them getting at least third place? Show the proper drift route that you use to win this? Im 1 event away from being done with Drift events....and now this happens :cry:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

After spending some more time with SHIFT 2 I tried the first drift event (the tutorial) yesterday. OMG...

Drifting in SHIFT 2 is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever done in a racing game. Seriously, what were they thinking? The car is ultra sensitive, it accelerates and turns on its own and the tires just blow up after a little bit. Also the scoring system is unpredictable, it seems to be either on or off, sometimes it scores, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me about 30 minutes to get the tutorial done, while that doodle driver would just say stupid things. I'm starting to enjoy SHIFT 2 in normal races, but drifting is just too bad. I seriously hope it is the car that sucks, but I doubt. Can't understand how there's people out there scoring nice drifts. Either this takes a really long time to get done or it is some weird bug in my game...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It really helps in drifting if you turn off physical damage - the tyres don't blow then :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

The Drift Alliance 240SX is just plain shiznit, @Hydro_PT.

I got through the tutorial with no problems, yes, but everything else after that was practically impossible to complete as i'd always blow my tires. Get any stock GT500, Supra, Cayman S, anything, and it will be better than the DA 240SX.

Still need help with the Miami event in Final Slide.
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

ElvenAvenger wrote:The Drift Alliance 240SX is just plain shiznit @Hydro_PT.

I got through the tutorial with no problems, yes, but everything else after that was practically impossible to complete as i'd always blow my tires. Get any stock GT500, Supra, Cayman S, anything, and it will be better than the DA 240SX.

Still need help with the Miami event in Final Slide.
I found the DA 240SX pretty useful once I kinda got used to the drifting (and used the tips provided on forums) :roll:
Takeing turns wide and getting your angle right can really give you the sweet spot where you make points very quickly 8)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

M3 E46 stock (minor handling mods maybe like gears) is perfect for drift, thought he S14 is nice for tighter tracks like that oval thing.

The final slide isn't that tough, but again for some reason different cars gain points faster, again M3 E46, S14, Shelby Terlingua Mustang, etc...

The DA 240SX isn't bad but it's not good either, still can't get it to handle right with or without the input lag dll.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

The Drift Alliance 240SX is actually pretty good for the Togue drift event, because it's so slow. If you're using an analog controller, you need to use partial throttle, about 1/3rd throttle to drift with the 240SX because it has very little grip, despite also not having much power.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

One problem for me is that the car just accelerates, even if I press the pedal just a tiny bit. In race mode if I do the same the car might not even start going, or just goes very very slowly. The drift car just keeps accelerating...
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

I GOT IT!!!!

Here is the technique. Don't bother chaining the drift into S. Drift in one direction only until you slam the wall.

Here is why. The longer the drift lasts, the faster the point go up. But if you chain drift from left curve to right curve, the game doesn't count it as one S drift, but rather two C drifts. The problem with it, is that it starts counting the point back from the 0 and it goes slowly. So instead of going in other direction while in full swing and points are rising fast, just continue doing that drift until you slam into wall. By doing so, I got cca650 points per lap on final Miami track!!!

Other thing you should exploit is that you can go back after you slammed, in the wrong direction. Game wont DSQ you and you can line up and pick up the speed for the next corner. My XKR has a sweat spot in 3rd gear, so I find this going backward very usefull. Rather than going through the curve to go to 3rd gear, I can pick it up on previous parts on track and drift the whole curve at full speed, gaining the points right away.

Now, the Miami track. I found out that there are some blind spots for points. Installed the patch and it didn't cure that problem.
Maybe I did something wrong, I should test it by trying Nordschleife race - Modern A invitation with MP4-12C. At full damage engine blows before you can actually finish the race.
But, back on the Miami track. Blind spots are:
Lets imagine first corner as two "L"s going counter-clockwise. The second "L" has blindspot for points in outer part of it. So drift that one close to inner wall.
Other blindspot is the last corner - sharp right. It doesn't help what ever you do. But it doesn't matter. If you are doing it right, you should crash and end drift right before it. And use that last corner for picking up the speed for the next one. "The other blind L" one.

Thats about it. If someone still has difficulties with it, I can draw you the perfect line and explain how to set up the JAAAAAAAAG. 8)

One more tip: Visual damage only!!! If Full, your tires will explode and your car will die from all that crashing and slamming the wall.

PS: this doesnt work on final EBISU track. You will crash before you get to drift. So, if anyone has any idea how to get 170points on that track, you will be my HERO!
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

to reach the goal at ebisu track, just simply slide your car as much as you can. it is not impossible to reach 170 points, i manage.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
antoskis1990
Stock
Stock

Post by antoskis1990 »

my best score on ibisu is 243 im using drift aliance 240sx nissan
renzolution
Stock
Stock

Post by renzolution »

hey guyss.
bout driftin...
same ideas with tommy

actually im playin all the drift event with the s13 drift alliance.
n i play all at 1st trial, and it win. except for rustle creek drift.
other than that, the s13 can take it all.

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”