phyics question

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

phyics question

Post by Zotic+ »

I havent got it yet but this game is looking really good. im going to get probabaly at the end of this month. So i was wondering do the physics from grip racing change when you go to drift or do both modes have the same physics?
Instagram @SupraHKS
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: phyics question

Post by FnF »

EA and SMS said, that there are a few hidden 'assists' when you drift with low end cars, but that with high-end cars the physics are the same as for the 'normal racing physics' :)
However, I personally haven't experienced that second part really, so IMHO there are 2 different physics modes.. :roll:

Compared to shift though the strange drifting is gone; in shift 2 it really takes practice AND you really have to 'reset your mind' when you want to drift.
It's an completely different race dicipline that requires different skills for sure :wink:
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah you can feel the difference in that the car wants to hang out at about 30 degrees instead of go straight, using the right tires for the car makes a huge difference and the least grippy aren't necessarily the best.

With the 1.1 patch a couple of bugs that made 1 or 2 tracks overly hard were fixed so it should be a bit more fun. Not 100% realistic, but for that, get a drift car and check it out :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Its quite fun. Especially on London Raceway drift track. You can pull off long drifts there, mostly i prefer using old muscle cars or RWD tuners like RX-7 FD3S(or slightly tuned up FC3S).

About the 'assists' on low end cars, i dont know anything about that. a 'low end' Drift Alliance 240SX was unusable for me, i simply blew my tires every single time. As soon as i got my own car for drifting, it became easy. Supra, Cayman S, FC3S, FD3S, Shelby GT500...i dont think there are many cars that just dont work for drift.

And yes, physics are different. Im driving without any assists on normal races and cars are not nearly as drifty as they are in Drift mode(lol). Even if i go all out and keep the pedal down while turning on an RWD car.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah I want normal physics in drift mode. I can drift better :D

I wonder if we can get Griff to add that in ;)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Kaerar wrote:Yeah I want normal physics in drift mode. I can drift better :D

I wonder if we can get Griff to add that in ;)
yea i cant keep my drift tuned supra in a straight line in a normal race, but your right, the physics feel like the car hangs out 30 more degrees, and the game automatically counter steers a little for you already.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

There is auto-counter-steer. VERY ANNOYING when you are trying to balance the car and it's doing stuff you don't want it too. Hence I use the M3 E46 for drift. It just does it naturally with minimal tuning. Only track I have issues with is the massive US Oval track with it's bloody stupid cambers. The UK oval is tiny!!!

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”