SHIFT 2 Hands on impressions at VirtualR

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 Hands on impressions at VirtualR

Post by Bojan »

As SHIFT 2 Unleashed is being advertised as a more authentic racing experience, we should turn to a hardcore sim racing community at VirtualR for a good preview on what to expect in the final product. One of their community members got a chance to play the game at the Guardian's Gamesblog live event last week. The preview article is available here with the closing thoughts giving us a good idea what SHIFT 2 will be like:
To sum up, Shift 2 rights a lot of the original Shift’s wrongs, it looks great, is fun and exciting and (as with Shift 1) also sounds wonderful too. However, those expecting a revolution will be disappointed.
He also confirmed that a demo will not be released.

Read the full article

(thanks to Hydro_PT for the find)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: SHIFT 2 Hands on impressions at VirtualR

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Is there already something said about Tuning?!? - I hope I didn't missed it... :?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Aside from vinyl system (livery editor...?) there wasnt anything about tuning there.

Well, rolling over a car was mentioned, i hope it will be good and not like in Pro Street for example (roll over - instant loss, not giving you the chance to MAYBE get hit by another car again and get back on your wheels :lol: )

I mean, if i roll over, i want to be able to press RESTART by pausing and doing the whole deal myself, instead of just seeing "you crashed" or something like that.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Shift 2 could be come a very nice racing game that gives me some time to play a new racing game again.
If it's true that Shift 2 rights a lot of the original Shift wrongs, than it got potential again, I do hope that you can turn of the realistic shaking etc, I don't use cockpit view anyway, and don't want to be completely disorientated every time I hit something like in Shift, (only played the demo and couldn't turn it off there so don't know about the full game, didn't get the full game because the demo just didn't do it for me to pay full money for it, where other games at that time I wanted more)

Hope Shift 2 can convince me to get back into the NFS world again, it looks promising, but then so did NFS HP.

Return to “News”