NFS The Run Cover Girls trailer

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS The Run Cover Girls trailer

Post by Bojan »

http://www.youtube.com/v/CqQSV9iMOXg&re ... &version=3[/embed]

Featuring Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models Irina Shayk and Chrissy Teigen.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS The Run Cover Girls trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hot girls = very good :mrgreen:
ROISMOKE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ROISMOKE »

I knew that I like The Run for some reason ... know I found it. :D
veresis
Ricer
Ricer

Post by veresis »

"Mild suggestive themes" :mrgreen:

The big news is that NFS:R will be running on Frosbite 2 :] (i must have missed that logo in previous video)
I admit I'm quite excited about it, coz that means the game will get (among other things) full advantage of dX 11 and x64 API. I also wonder if there will be any extensive road/surrounding destruction :D or maybe some extended FPP/TPP gameplay? I know action-packed situation and frequent adrenalin rush will be guaranteed =P~

Only bit more then 2 weeks till 15/18 November :)

and btw, Chrissy > Irina :]
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I guess that's one way to attract (the wrong) fanbases. What a load of sh*t.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Gotta agree with you Noob, though at the end of the day I'm not complaining. To some extent EA has done this for years - Maggie Q, Brook Burke etc.

Considering the focus on narrative, I would assume these are only a couple of characters within the story, it's not like they're revolving the plot around those two.
Irina Shayk, the cover model, and Chrissy Teigen, another Swimsuit Issue model, will star as friends and opponents racing against Jack, the game’s main character...
Personally, I think that these characters would appeal to me more as allies to the protagonist rather than enemies, and from what the trailer shows, they seem rather shallow and sexualised. For a story heavy game, even a racing one, you'd hope for deeper characters than that, however this is merely an assumption of the characters.

On a related point, they've been very vague in regards to the story so far, I hope it lives up to expectations.

They're looking particularly good with the Frostbite 2 engine, the girl in the grey top in particular, I felt the other girl still looked a bit plasticky. It's even better demonstrated in BF3, but this engine really shows how life-like ours games are becoming. Frostbite 2 + facial animations done with the same technology as used in L.A. Noire, and it would look amazing. Can't wait to see the standard of visual immersion in a few years time, it will really help add to narrative-strong games (games like Mass Effect, Heavy Rain for example).

Would you guys assume that Frostbite 2 will be used for all new Need for Speed games from this point on?

UG3 on the Frostbite 2 engine, with infinite tuning possibilities, endless car list and rich storyline? :twisted:

Well, a guy can dream, can't he?

Let's just hope the gameplay is as exciting as the models :P

Edit: And on a related note, 'ugh' for ingame advertising deals -
Electronic Arts, the video-game publisher and developer, and Sports Illustrated announced a marketing partnership on Tuesday in which the cover model for this year’s S.I. Swimsuit Issue would appear behind the wheel in Need for Speed: The Run, the newest addition in the racing-simulator franchise.

As part of the partnership, Sports Illustrated will be a featured advertiser on billboards that appear in the gamescape, and S.I. will offer the game, a print and Web subscription to the magazine and a DVD, “The Making of Need for Speed: The Run,” as a bundle priced at $49.95.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

I think it would be amazing if the Frostbite 2 engine would be the future for NFS games, but looks like it might be a one time gimmic to attract new buyers. It's like Hot Pursuit 2010; They' brought Criterion into the mix and now they'll probably never return to work on a NFS game again. As for advertising, it's been the same since UG/UG2 and every game after them. Except for Hot Pursuit, which was no surprise since Criterion knows better than to place that kind of nonsense in their games.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I think that might have to do with the fact that Hot Pursuit was completely void of any characters or story, but valid point none-the-less. Just saying, this marketing doesn't really surprise me.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Personally I don't think the NFS series needs characters or a storyline. The so called storylines of the past games were nothing special and very shallow. The characters were a laugh. I'd definitely welcome an interestingly written and well thought out story in an NFS game, but we all know that it's just not going to happen.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah, well what I was getting at was that regardless of the quality of the story, the stories all (or mostly) had these female 'attractions'.

I don't think it's impossible for a good story in a Need for Speed game, I could even be possible in The Run, but of course chances are low. I just don't think story was of concern to the developers at any time during the series, maybe apart from Undercover, but The Run's unique emphasis on it might display a solid storyline. Let's hope!

And yes, in the past, characters were absolutely terrible, Carbon is the pinnacle of that :P
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

VW Golf Mk1 i see in trailer cool!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Acura wrote:VW Golf Mk1 i see in trailer cool!
It is in the car list for a long time now. One of the first cars added if I remember correctly.

Return to “News”