Explain the recent dropoff in online players?

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
a235301
Stock
Stock

Explain the recent dropoff in online players?

Post by a235301 »

I've noticed within the last 3 weeks or so a huge dropoff in the number of players online with the Xbox version. Whereas you used to be able to simply jump on an immediately have 8+ players for a round now you are lucky if you have 2 or 3. And most of them don't make it through more than one or two races. Is this due to the recent DLC pack release and I can't play those that have it(I haven't purchased it). Is it due to cheating/trainer? Or is everyone tired of the game now and moved on?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Explain the recent dropoff in online players?

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well, DLC might be one of the reasons. You cannot play against users who have the DLC if they take part in a DLC-exclusive Speedlist. If they take part in a normal Speedlist, that came with the original game, then it doesn't matter if you own the DLC or not. But if it's a DLC-exclusive Speedlist, you won't be able to join them. Or if they are playing at the airport.

Also, there might be a problem with the game or with the servers, so if people leave after one or two races, their game might be crashing or something like that.

Players may also be moving away from the game too. But usually that's not so sudden.

You might want to poke around EA's forums or Xbox's forums and try to find out what's going on. ;)

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”