is this game worth getting?

2012 Need for Speed Most Wanted
crashhat
Stock
Stock

is this game worth getting?

Post by crashhat »

the last need for speed game i owned and the last one i even played was the first most wanted, is the new most wanted worth getting? what are the pros and cons about the game?
speedsmith
Ricer
Ricer

Re: is this game worth getting?

Post by speedsmith »

tbh, I would be perfectly satisfied remaining with the old one
MysticNessly
Stock
Stock

Re: is this game worth getting?

Post by MysticNessly »

Definitely get it. It's by the one of THE best racing games I've ever played. The racing is lots of fun once you get the hand of the handling. Community is active globally so you shouldn't ever have any trouble getting a party going in multiplayer.

You're going to have to do some work if you want to make rooms with straight-up racing though. First you have to add friends to your origin friend list. Then you can invite them to your custom room where you've made custom "speedlists" whch are basically predefined playlists of tracks/events to play. There is no simple racing mode in multuplayer unfortunately. This is a major downfall of this game in my humble opinion.

There is some decent customization/paints you can acquire for each car
tires - track, offroad, drift, reinflates
body - aero, impact protection, ram
nitrous - burn (a la old NFS games), powershot
transmission - long, short

Each one can be upgraded to PRO versions after meeting certain requirements

Each car can also earn different paints by meeting certain requirement.

The game does randomly crash regardless of your system's performance though (maybe once every 3 hours of play).

Overall, it's a fantastic game with lots of replayability. I do strongly encourage you branch out with some other players online to make some race parties going. That's where this game shines.
Friend me on Origin! - MysticNessly
HAVE: Hot Pursuit, The Run, Most Wanted 2012, Rivals

Return to “Most Wanted 2012”