Most Wanted sequel/remake at E3 2012?

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted sequel/remake at E3 2012?

Post by Hydro_PT »

While EA hasn't officially confirmed what is the name of the new Need For Speed they are working on, there have been some rumours going on for a couple of months which suggest that a sequel to Most Wanted is currently under production for release in late 2012.

With E3 fast approaching, new information has popped up about this. According to a booth schedule sent out by Twitch TV, EA is going to show Need For Speed: Most Wanted at E3, alongside its new Battlefield 3 DLC. EA's press conference will take place on Monday, 4th of June, so we can certainly expect an official announcement of the game there. Whether it is a sequel to Most Wanted, or a remake of the original, we don't know. The developer behind this new NFS is believed to be Criterion, who successfully developed 2010's Hot Pursuit.

(Thanks to member Zotic+ for the news.)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: Most Wanted sequel/remake at E3 2012?

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Cannot wait - hopefully it'll be a B!T better than NFS Most Wanted and with extended Tuning Options! :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

If Criterion is behind this, and if EA doesn't restrict them too much, I'm pretty confident this will be a great NFS, whether it is or not a sequel to Most Wanted. Hot Pursuit 2010 was very good in my opinion, a kind of modern sequel/remake of older NFS games.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Yeah, You're right, but I left NFS Hot Pursuit [2010] because of so many Cheaters...

...hopefully there will be an Anti-Cheat-Engine built into the whole Game referring to the online Mode! :wink:
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

I don't like that Criterion is behind it, they will destroy it. :(
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Hopefully They'll destroy NFS World soon! :!: :!: :!:

[NONSENSE: Manipulating Fans with Money - that's a huge TRAP!!!] [-X [-X [-X
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Truthfully, im looking for an enjoyable racing game(like BP & MCLA) with extensive tuning. Hopefully thats what we get, hopefully.
Instagram @SupraHKS
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Me too, 2007 it was Test Drive Unlimited & 2008 came RD GR!D! That was enjoyable! Then came... :cry:
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

personally, i have no problem with criterion but they really need to come up with a slightly different formula for a racing game. HP 2010 was pretty much EXACTLY like every Burnout game except with police and powerups. i found it pretty boring, if well-put together
i have nothing more to add
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

All signs via news outlets point towards MW2, so I'm interested to see what they do to build on the formula. I think we can all agree this is a positive step though :)
CarbonXRS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CarbonXRS »

Are you kidding me? I just bought the PS2 port from the Playstation Store :roll:
In all seriousness though, this seems cool, can't wait to look further. Might actually buy a new NFS game this time.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

This post has been edited to remove off-topic content, which violates the NFSUnlimited General Rules. -GT
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

i don't care what it is, but if it uses Frostbite i'm gonna spam ea's forums for a year.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

datass wrote:i don't care what it is, but if it uses Frostbite i'm gonna spam ea's forums for a year.
^Every Comment is better than Nothing & this One is One =D> =D> =D> and Respect worthy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

This post has been edited to remove off-topic content, which violates the NFSUnlimited General Rules. - Hydro
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

EPIC !! 8)
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I have been strongly opinionated against Underground 3 and Most Wanted 2 (more U3) because if EA makes them, they'll most likely disappoint greatly and fail horribly...

also because how the trend is steering away from the tuner/ricing ...

However seeing how Hot Pursuit reboot was pretty good, I'm not sure what Criterion could do to make the sequel better...

I've always considered Carbon as MW2, as well as World an actual continuation/merge of both games, never found the "need" for a Most Wanted 2, but everywhere I go, everyone was asking for a sequel for either Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2...

now that they'll get one, I'll see how those who cried for the sequel will whine about how "different" it is and "not what it was like" if Criterion greatly changed the game, or how "it's just all the same with better graphics" if they kept it mostly the same...

Overall, I have a feeling the game will disappoint more than anything, but at the same time seeing it's not Black Box (PLEASE stop making/ruin NFS games...) although they are the ones who created Most Wanted to begin with... Criterion might just make it work...

we'll just have to see... E3 next week... will be a good one
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

World merged all the crappy parts of Undercover with all the shiznit ones from Carbon, there's nothing from Most Wanted there except a portion of the map

THIS CENSORSHIP CRAP IS GETTING ON MY NERVES
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.

Return to “News”