NFS: Rivals - Gamescom 2013 trailer

Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: NFS: Rivals - Gamescom 2013 trailer

Post by Zotic+ »

You said there were two careers? Is there any narrative to go along with them? Just recently got into this NFS now lol
Instagram @SupraHKS
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Navid_A1 hard to say when playing buggy demos, but this is a different engine (Frostbite 3) than HP2010 and MW2012 so it's definitely working differently.

Ziggy, there's 5 or 6 car "features" that you can upgrade. From what I've seen you get to decide which feature you want upgraded, but I'm not sure if you can max out on all. Basically the idea is that you can decide if you want to make your car drive like a tank or be fast and vulnerable.

Yup, only 1 vinyl on the car.

All cars have a health bar, so you can't really takedown on first attempt.
Ziggy_Speed97
Stock
Stock

Post by Ziggy_Speed97 »

Ok, thanks bro! :)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Ziggy_Speed97 wrote:Hey Bojan! Would you mind elaborating on what you meant when you said that there are 5-6 sliders for the basic stuff of performance customization please? Is it like you choose the top speed part of tour cars and when you choose it, there are 5-6 slider of parts that help upgrade the top speed of the car? Im confused on that part. And for visual customization, is it true that you can only apply one vinyl for your car because in the gamescom press conference game session, this guy had lots of vinyls on his porsche 911 gt3 when Marcus Nilsson was showing off the personalization of nfs rivals? Also, is the takedown system like hot pursuit where you cant take the racer out with a tap of the bumper, you have to work for it or is it like most wanted 2012 where the slightest scrape along the body could send the car flipping into the air? Also, how was the AI in the session? Is the AI hard to play against during the session you had playing rivals because most wanted's AI racers and cops were to easy, especially on hard difficulty, they were TO EASY TO BEAT. Oh and one more thing, how smooth was the games framerate because it was recently announced that the game would run on 30fps, did it stutter during your time playing rivals or was the gameplay smooth as butter? Thanks! :D
I think they still working on the visual customization.but what you are referring to its probably a full livery,they said you can unlock those, aside from the vinyls and decals...it would suck if its only one vinyl in the final version , nonetheless something its better than nothing imo.
Ziggy_Speed97
Stock
Stock

Post by Ziggy_Speed97 »

So, I learned after reading a couple of other articles on need for speed rivals. And they are:
- Performance customization is based off of buying 5 different levels (1 being lowest and 5 being highest) of stuff that you can customize your vehicles performance with. Extent of what you buy for your car is currently unknown.
- You can put more than one decal on your car (I think, not 100% sure). But, putting on something like stripes or liveries will take away the set of decals you have on your car already.
- Redview County is supposedly bigger and wider than any battlefield map produced to date.
- Framerate (30fps) is really really smooth with no hitches or dips at all when journalists were playing their little session.
- Different environments will affect your cars performance such as your car losing traction when sliding on icy roads.
- There is going to be a story for both the cops and racers in which will guide you along through a series of cut-scenes (live-action like most wanted 2005, I don't know yet.). The story will last 20 speedlists for racers and 20 assignments for cops (6-12 hours of gameplay each). When story is done, you go to the speedlists and assignments in which you haven't completed yet and unlock more gameplay that way.
- Easy drive will return in the game but only for updates on friends progress and races to do

That is all I got for now, maybe will research more later on tomorrow.

Return to “News”