NFS: Rivals - Gamescom 2013 trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS: Rivals - Gamescom 2013 trailer

Post by MaxT »

umm, this shows nothing...

EA has a funny definition of "gameplay".
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Yeah, true.

The video again si very good, but this happend with all NFS vieos.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Cool Trailer - I like it! 8)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Played the game for about 10min today. First impression is it's like Hot Pursuit 2011 only with less arcadey handling... Will play more tomorrow though.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Thank you for the info Bojan.
does the demo version allow you to customize your ride?... or is it just straight to the action?
also... can the hide-outs be visited... or is it just a score drop off point?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The stage demo I think is the same as the one on E3, which means a 8 min or so free roam play with set objectives. You're free to engage in pursuits, start races or just cruise around.
I'll go for the behind closed doors presentation tomorrow so I hope I'll have more info then.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:Thank you for the info Bojan.
does the demo version allow you to customize your ride?... or is it just straight to the action?
also... can the hide-outs be visited... or is it just a score drop off point?
Navid watch the ea press conference. They show customization game play and brand new game play.aside from the undercover cop trailer..so for everyone complaining about no game play watch the ea conference and yes you can enter the hideout like a garage and do your customizations there.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

StaneSKT wrote:Yeah, true.

The video again si very good, but this happens with all NFS vieos.
Watch the press conference they show customization game play and new game play footage.stane you goona be happy to know that vinyls are back and btw your designs honestly rock!
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Bojan wrote:Played the game for about 10min today. First impression is it's like Hot Pursuit 2011 only with less arcadey handling... Will play more tomorrow though.
First Good News I've heard all week, I hated criterion's craptastic handling model for 2010's hot pursuit, but they redeemed themselves a small bit, with 2012 most wanted, they made the deadzone in the steering adjustable in last years game through the use of the performance mods, but with it being left in the city, in tighter areas there was more obstacles to hit , thoroughly enjoyed the diminished focus on drifting so your giving me Hope! when u get play some more please elaborate on the differences between most wanted2012, hot pursuit 2010, and the Run( if just because it was only previous game to run on frosbite I believe) Let us know where you think the handling falls closest 2 bwtn the 3 most recent games bojan :wink:

Thanks!
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Tviper7 wrote: First Good News I've heard all week, I hated criterion's craptastic handling model for 2010's hot pursuit, but they redeemed themselves a small bit, with 2012 most wanted
wat
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

So Far So Good :)
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

So yes, I played an alpha version that had more cars, more world, more everything.
Still feels funny because it looks like hot pursuit, only it isn't as it's slightly different.
Instead of single races, you have the open world. There's visual and performance customization, but only basic. Car selection is supposed to be pretty big, one of the biggest so far. Career is split into the cop and racer side, each lasting about 6 hours. The world should be bigger than hot pursuit's, but again it has the desert, city, alpine and a coastal region.
So it's kinda like hot pursuit, but also isn't. Hard to really form an opinion over it.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

thanks for sharing bojan
i'd appreciate it if you can answer some of my questions:
- erm... how many cars were in the alpha version?... or how many cars you had access to?
- did you notice any cars that can be used by both sides?
- did you have access to performance customization?... if yes, was it like MW2012?
- did you notice any pre-designed body-kits in visual or performance sections?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:thanks for sharing bojan
- erm... how many cars were in the alpha version?... or how many cars you had access to?
- did you have access to performance customization?... if yes, was it like MW2012?
Doubt there will be body-kits , because Ferrari don't like that in their cars.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Doubt there will be body-kits , because Ferrari don't like that in their cars.
i think that is just a rumor phantom...
you know... things like Ferrari don't want their cars in a criminal role and such... or want them in pure race sims...

ferrari has numerous race packages (that also include body-kits) for their gt3/gt2 racers... with the 458 being the most famous..!
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Bojan wrote:So yes, I played an alpha version that had more cars, more world, more everything.
Still feels funny because it looks like hot pursuit, only it isn't as it's slightly different.
Instead of single races, you have the open world. There's visual and performance customization, but only basic. Car selection is supposed to be pretty big, one of the biggest so far. Career is split into the cop and racer side, each lasting about 6 hours. The world should be bigger than hot pursuit's, but again it has the desert, city, alpine and a coastal region.
So it's kinda like hot pursuit, but also isn't. Hard to really form an opinion over it.
Thanks for Attempting to I guess, I'm really not interested in the car selection, this time around Most Wanted 2012 & Crappy HP 2010's Carlist where for most part excellent, the game HP 2010 just handled like crap compared to the original hp 1 & 2(PS2), but I digress. I hear what you're saying I just trying to get to the nitty gritty of how handling/controls feel vs the previous games it does not appear they landed anywhere towards the middle in this regard. after, checkin the ign videos yesterday. I see the action or crash cam isn't gone as it originally appeared and wrecks are as frequent as ever #-o jurys still out on the drifting either everybody @ gamescom sucks @ it or its no longer the best possible route through every curve at this time. The fact that you used the term "less arcadey hot pursuit" really got my juices flowin I'm kinda wondering what in the alpha builds of this game brought you to this conclusion??

I thinkin about pullin the trigger on a pre-order to get the SRT challenger Vinyl, Viper and Police Perks! for Rivals
same with GT5, holdin off on Forza5 till next year...

Oh yeah the Ferrari, thing I think the police pursuits/public image hold way more weight than the body kit excuse ever will as they could dis-allow after market kits being added to their vehicles in games their cars are included in. I believe there is truth in the pursuit/cop chases rumuor tho that would explain there absence from the pursuit modes in the previous NFS Games and NFS frachise for 7 years. I'm thinkin someone from the community could shed a lot more light onto why Ferrari is back which had a lot 2 due with 2nd party licensing deals between Microsoft/EA, much like NFS Shift, and the Porsche Situation on Forza. its really bad as EA's NFL Deal if you think about it you let one publisher buy the rights or license then everyone has to get permission from a third or 2nd party until the contract is expired.
StaneSKT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StaneSKT »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:

Watch the press conference they show customization game play and new game play footage.stane you goona be happy to know that vinyls are back and btw your designs honestly rock!
Thank you so much, man! Yeah I really want something with real personal tuning/customize and probably new machine :D
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

StaneSKT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:

Thank you so much, man! Yeah I really want something with real personal tuning/customize and probably new machine :D
Your welcome man, im an illustrator/graphic designer myself soo i appreciate art and creativity looking forward to see your designs on rivals if your getting it. ^_^
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Carlist that I saw was pretty big, but it looked to me it was limited to a class so I didn't see all the cars. They say it should be very big, but nobody mentioned any specific numbers.

No, didn't really go that much into details.

Performance customization is really basic with 5 or 6 sliders for the basic stuff, like acceleration, top speed, handling and armour.

Visual customization is also really basic with body and rim paint and a selection of vinyls where you can basically apply just one vinyl with no scaling or positioning. No different rims, spoilers, bodykits.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Regarding the handling, it's far from Hot Pursuit's tap the brake and turn and enter a drift mode which handles completely different. Drifting is still there and still quite easy to achieve, but it takes much more breaking to enter the drift and it definitely doesn't go as fast. Regarding the best times I think it's gonna be more about the ideal line than actually drifting through corners. In that aspect it plays much more like MW2012 than HP2010.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Thanks again for the detailed info...
BTW... was the steering lag (like in HP2010 and MW2012) still present in the handling?
nikomanuel96
Stock
Stock

Post by nikomanuel96 »

Hey, sorry for bad english (is not my language) i sign up today.

Thanks for the info bojan! i know you answered many questions right now but I have a lot of curiosity about this 2 points:

When you are in a Pursuit you can bank your SP, or you have to evade them first?

by the way, the other question is: In this "Alpha" there was only Pursuits and Races..i mean, there is not more game modes?

Again, thanks for the info :)
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Navid_A1 wrote:Thanks again for the detailed info...
BTW... was the steering lag (like in HP2010 and MW2012) still present in the handling?
I'll let Bojan answer you, but I have a sneaky suspicion its still there [-X because the steering "deadzone" or "lag" is basically the same thing when it comes to crapterion, I feel if it was completely removed the gameplay would instantly be broken with the newer nfs games if you don't wreck frequently or have high probability of wrecking the matches would go on far too long for suitable online sessions.... I recently went back to playin most wanted in prep for nfs rivals and It reminded of this and several ways to (drift/initiate drifts) in hot pursuit/ most wanted to don't work extremely well in most wanted due to the environment your driving in. The Mods and Varying Conditions & Track Surface did quite a bit to spice up MW2012 gameplay @ times it helped if you had something like the kinect so you could adapt to constantly changing conditions while keepin your eyes on the road. I also noticed the free update added RAM Force Chassis for MW2012 which I suspect was a response to community outcry due to incessant wrecking/crashes in single player and multiplayer its not perfect but maybe it cuts down on alot of front end collisions you would think? I wouldn't think it was making a return to nfs rivals @ launch but it might be there as a remedy bojan already mention an "armor slider"= RAM FORCE CHASSIS MOD for rivals, I'd image it comes @ some great cost or tradeoff tho meaning the armor slows your cornering or top-end speeds greatly, but I imagine some ppl would deal with that to avoid looking @ the crash cam ever 5 seconds which can be quite annoying :wink:
Ziggy_Speed97
Stock
Stock

Post by Ziggy_Speed97 »

Hey Bojan! Would you mind elaborating on what you meant when you said that there are 5-6 sliders for the basic stuff of performance customization please? Is it like you choose the top speed part of tour cars and when you choose it, there are 5-6 slider of parts that help upgrade the top speed of the car? Im confused on that part. And for visual customization, is it true that you can only apply one vinyl for your car because in the gamescom press conference game session, this guy had lots of vinyls on his porsche 911 gt3 when Marcus Nilsson was showing off the personalization of nfs rivals? Also, is the takedown system like hot pursuit where you cant take the racer out with a tap of the bumper, you have to work for it or is it like most wanted 2012 where the slightest scrape along the body could send the car flipping into the air? Also, how was the AI in the session? Is the AI hard to play against during the session you had playing rivals because most wanted's AI racers and cops were to easy, especially on hard difficulty, they were TO EASY TO BEAT. Oh and one more thing, how smooth was the games framerate because it was recently announced that the game would run on 30fps, did it stutter during your time playing rivals or was the gameplay smooth as butter? Thanks! :D

Return to “News”