Le moteur est le cœur d'une voiture, mais le pilote
est son âme
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Need for Speed Official E3 Trailer PC, PS4, Xbox One

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Immediate thoughts -

- Graphics are absolutely incredible. True 'next-gen' experience.
- Live action cutscenes are an interesting choice, hopefully they're not as cheesy as back in the day.
- They didn't show the full extent of customisation but it looks promising - could do with more intuitive UI though.
- The dynamic driving camera is horrible. Fortunately it's optional, so we'll have to see how it looks with a static camera before we get out the pitchforks about the driving physics; a little bit concerned at this stage though. Worth noting that driving was specific to 'drifting' as well.

Have to watch this space but so far they've nailed the atmosphere and as far as we can tell, the car list. Really excited.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

There is a piece of gameplay here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-ne ... 0-6428136/
:? NFS:UG all again.

well.... i'd say.... i'll skip over this one too... see you next year.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote: - The dynamic driving camera is horrible. Fortunately it's optional
Are you taking about the pivoting camera around the car for the chase cam? If that's an option, then good news! I felt sick watching it after 10 seconds. How did you find out about that?
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Well, hello there.

It's been three years since I last logged in here and this brought me back. This is what I've been waiting for a loong time so I pretty much were in the front wagon of the damn hype train until I saw the handling and the chase camera going all over the place. But if you truly can get that 'dynamic camera' off and you can make the cars handle less over the top then I don't have to jump off from the train, yet. Anyone know if you can get a regular chase cam or do they mean with 'plenty of other camera angles to choose from' that you can just have bumper and hood cam if you don't like that dynamic cam?

Anyway the game does look (and sound!) amazing and as a visual tuning fanatic I'm really excited about all the body parts we're getting in the game. Now I'm just hoping for a good vinyl design system, if that doesn't happen I'll be highly dissapointed. Car selection looks great so far IMO, I'm never been so much into supercars or muscles. The city looks decent, a lot of going on compared to older games. Excited to see more but also afraid that something is going to ruin this, the camera almost did it. Although if they manage to ruin this then I don't need to buy me a PS4 or a new PC to run this game and I'll save my money.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

The video shows an incredible looking game but I'm getting a sinking feeling from the small bits of info coming out. For one, the price of the game seems a little high and then there's the description of something called "speed points" in the link added to the FB page under the pre order options. For some reason I'm getting the impression that this is "speed boost" with a new name but with the same function. I came to this conclusion when reading the differences between the standard and deluxe editions. Might also make sense as to why NFSW is going offline when they already have it's successor nearly ready to go. Always online, similar customization and speed points for potentially gouging their customers once more?

I'm hoping I'm flat out wrong here...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

NEED FOR SPEED IMPRESSIONS

OK guys, after seeing the first game-play of this game the first thing the game literally looks more and has a vibe similar like carbon instead of most wanted and underground.we got glimpse of drifting mountain roads which honestly Ventura Bay so far is looking amazing, there's a possibility that this game will go from dusk to dawn..which I'm cool with it..so here are my impressions.

-first of all graphics,visual ,presentation i was blown away..by how realistic this game looks..it blurs the line between the cut scenes and actual gameplay, the cars they look amazing and everything is very detailed and seems well thought out..so yeah kudos to the graphics and presentation over all.

-moving along Customization in this game is goona be deep...i have dig into it and done some research and i have found new details. based on some screenshots i seen from game plays, this game has multiple cameras the camera you saw is the action camera confirmed by nfs Facebook and twitter.for people complaining about the handling, the tuning in the game will allow to even adjust your nitrous system , along with how grippy or loose you want your handling all done through sliders based on what i seen ,cosmetic customization looks nice..the only thing I'm questioning is the vinyls and wraps we only saw a preset wrap..i hope you can create your own wraps and vinyls..so far things are looking good.

-Ventura bay like i said its looking amazing..they said is 2x times bigger than redview county..so i seen the switchbacks in the mountain,valley roads i wouldn't doubt we gonna be able to recreate our own race wars in the desert..since this events are famous in car culture these days as well the car meets.

-as a conclusion..elements like cops ,style of races that's all seen to be OK..haven't seen drag yet but i bet drag races will be in the speed category/career of the game..the game is looking good..if they confirm custom vinyls and wraps ,I'm in. looking forward to hearing more about this game.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

jacoja06 wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote: - The dynamic driving camera is horrible. Fortunately it's optional
Are you taking about the pivoting camera around the car for the chase cam? If that's an option, then good news! I felt sick watching it after 10 seconds. How did you find out about that?
NFS's twitter page and Ben, the community manager from Ghost Games, said it's just the 'action' camera angle they wanted to show off, and that's there's still the usual fixed camera's like chase, hood, etc.
Rizur wrote:Well, hello there.

It's been three years since I last logged in here and this brought me back. This is what I've been waiting for a loong time so I pretty much were in the front wagon of the damn hype train until I saw the handling and the chase camera going all over the place. But if you truly can get that 'dynamic camera' off and you can make the cars handle less over the top then I don't have to jump off from the train, yet. Anyone know if you can get a regular chase cam or do they mean with 'plenty of other camera angles to choose from' that you can just have bumper and hood cam if you don't like that dynamic cam?

Anyway the game does look (and sound!) amazing and as a visual tuning fanatic I'm really excited about all the body parts we're getting in the game. Now I'm just hoping for a good vinyl design system, if that doesn't happen I'll be highly dissapointed. Car selection looks great so far IMO, I'm never been so much into supercars or muscles. The city looks decent, a lot of going on compared to older games. Excited to see more but also afraid that something is going to ruin this, the camera almost did it. Although if they manage to ruin this then I don't need to buy me a PS4 or a new PC to run this game and I'll save my money.
Well I guess that makes two of us :D Long time no see, Rizur!

The camera shocked me at first as well, but I think it was a combination of an impracticable 'action' camera combined with their drift physics. Hopefully when we see game play with a normal camera the handling model will look a lot better. Chase, bonnet and bumper cams have been confirmed this stage, but unfortunately no cockpit view.

As for the vinyl's, in the clip they used a 'preset wrap', which is the term they're going with now, but it looks like the option to the left which they ignored was the manual vinyl system. How in depth that is we'll have to wait and see, because they haven't shown any cars with anything on them yet, outside of that preset on the BRZ.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

jayson74 wrote:The video shows an incredible looking game but I'm getting a sinking feeling from the small bits of info coming out. For one, the price of the game seems a little high and then there's the description of something called "speed points" in the link added to the FB page under the pre order options. For some reason I'm getting the impression that this is "speed boost" with a new name but with the same function. I came to this conclusion when reading the differences between the standard and deluxe editions. Might also make sense as to why NFSW is going offline when they already have it's successor nearly ready to go. Always online, similar customization and speed points for potentially gouging their customers once more?

I'm hoping I'm flat out wrong here...
EA >>EA DONT F WITH ME..guys sorry for the caps..the speed points are micro transactions..worst case..i was looking at a screen and there's a fuel gauge in the game..lets hope is not what i think it is!....

i don't wanna come to conclusions..but this is the reason why nfs world was shutdown..if something is doing good and they close it down why do you think that happens/..NFS World was a test and guess what people bough a lot of micro transactions EA saw that and now they bringing to the consoles..let alone no limits will come out soon in the states i bet you this game will be linked to the consoles somehow.
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

Don't worry Phantom, I thought that's what it was at first before I realised it was just a gauge for NOS, not fuel.

The gameplay shown at E3 exceeded my expectations, looks like a heck of fun-with crappy DRM attached. The visuals are just perfect-couldn't ask for anything better.
I'm hoping someone will manage to upload footage of the game from the showroom floor booth they have set up.

Found this video clarifying some information [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRMFPPIbGM[/youtube]

You can choose between a more dift-y criterion style or a more grip oriented handling (shown here https://instagram.com/p/4ATTBKSyGW/?tak ... edforspeed). Options are always good.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Yeah good to see you too, Dr Houbenheimer :) I really hope we'll see more of the old guys coming back now that we have something as promising as this coming out.

I'm glad to hear a regular chase cam is confirmed. And I don't mind the cockpit view, chase or bumper cam for me. Also relieved to hear that you can tune the handling for more grip or drift the way you prefer. But now that I don't need to worry about those anymore I read what jayson74 wrote... Pls no speed boost all over again. I mean really, no. I don't want to jump off the train now when I just started to enjoy the ride. But I keep my hopes high and fingers crossed that this will be a good one nevertheless.

And just when I told that the car list looks promising I heard that there will be at least Lamborghini Huracan. I can live with that but I hope it doesn't mean there's going to be Veyrons or any other 'hypercars'. They just wouldn't fit the atmospehere of the game.
Demon_Slayer723
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon_Slayer723 »

The Huracan being in the game is a little 50/50, you could see it in a trailer, but for all we know it could just be an NPC car.

Anyway, found a video with some new gameplay (off screen), it shows a little bit of damage on a mustang, although it is in French.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_UKmuPgGc
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Rizur wrote:Yeah good to see you too, Dr Houbenheimer :) I really hope we'll see more of the old guys coming back now that we have something as promising as this coming out.

I'm glad to hear a regular chase cam is confirmed. And I don't mind the cockpit view, chase or bumper cam for me. Also relieved to hear that you can tune the handling for more grip or drift the way you prefer. But now that I don't need to worry about those anymore I read what jayson74 wrote... Pls no speed boost all over again. I mean really, no. I don't want to jump off the train now when I just started to enjoy the ride. But I keep my hopes high and fingers crossed that this will be a good one nevertheless.

And just when I told that the car list looks promising I heard that there will be at least Lamborghini Huracan. I can live with that but I hope it doesn't mean there's going to be Veyrons or any other 'hypercars'. They just wouldn't fit the atmospehere of the game.
What's wrong with having a few hyper cars. I think Most wanted and Carbon managed it very well with there car list. Why alienate those fans? I'm not into Tuning cars but I wouldn't mind having a tuned Evo along side a Lambo or a McLaren.
Looking at the gameplay, the game is very much into the arcade side of things. Its not out of the realms to have a Supra race along side a Vayron imo (Similar to how Carbon did it).
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

The visuals/graphics still have me speechless after watching all the videos over and over.

Its looking like a mix of underground and carbon (night only mw imo), and that's an almost perfect blend.

To those speculating about the cars list. There are porsches so I wouldn't doubt lamborghini's and/or other mid range supercars :)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

t3ice wrote:The visuals/graphics still have me speechless after watching all the videos over and over.

Its looking like a mix of underground and carbon (night only mw imo), and that's an almost perfect blend.

To those speculating about the cars list. There are porsches so I wouldn't doubt lamborghini's and/or other mid range supercars :)
There's a lambo Huracan in the trailer :), plus they got liberty walk in the game..and liberty walk customizes ferraris,lambos etc..i said we are looking at a car list similar to need for speed : no limits the mobile game.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

oumysoft wrote: What's wrong with having a few hyper cars. I think Most wanted and Carbon managed it very well with there car list. Why alienate those fans? I'm not into Tuning cars but I wouldn't mind having a tuned Evo along side a Lambo or a McLaren.
Looking at the gameplay, the game is very much into the arcade side of things. Its not out of the realms to have a Supra race along side a Vayron imo (Similar to how Carbon did it).
Like I said those hypercars wouldn't fit the atmosphere of the game, but that is just my opinion :wink: There's already so many car games that focus on high end supercars but I'd like this to be more of that underground (couldn't figure out any other word) car culture. Cars that you'll see more commonly do some street racing. Although I wouldn't say no to all supercars, like I said I can live with the Huracan (especially with Liberty Walk kit on it), but I'd leave them Veyrons and Paganis and Koenigseggs out. Maybe an R8 or Astons and ofc Porsches. But please let the JDM and Euro style guys finally have a decent game.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

^ exactly. My guess is GTR, R8, SLR,Aston Martin, Lambo's, Porsches and the likes. Nothing crazier than that.
Phantom_pain33 wrote:There's a lambo Huracan in the trailer :),
Ha! I had to watch the E3 trailer a few more times to notice it in there. Im not sure they were supposed to leak it lol, but its there! :mrgreen:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:plus they got liberty walk in the game..and liberty walk customizes ferraris,lambos etc..i said we are looking at a car list similar to need for speed : no limits the mobile game.
Im surprised there is more information about no limits out there, including more cars, when it seems like they are both very similar. Same style and storyline.

Return to “News”