Do you think EA make good games?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Do you think EA make good games?

Post by gtouk21 »

Looks like i got this going.

I say EA make crap to average games. If you look at FIFA, NFS, NFL, etc. (except NHL), they are average games. If they have brilliant graphics (which they dont) then the gameplay sucks, if gameplay rules, then graphics suck, notibly NFS.

Any takes on this?
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

i think they are good at making games.i have nba 2004,2005,2006 and 2007 then fifa 2004,2005,2006,2007,nhl 2004,nfl 2007 and nfs hot pursuit 2,underground,underground 2 and most wanted.
you cant say they all suck!
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

i've got NFS: HP2, U, U2 and MW (and soon Carbon :D )
I've played a few Fifa's too

They were all great and i dont think they make bad games...
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

yup, and i also love the games that were made in the electronic arts times too. aand dont forget c&c.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

The NFS series is great, but when EA took over from Weetwood they destroyed the Command and Conquer series.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

well, they made them totally different but i dont think they made them worse...i like the old ones better but the new ones arent bad either.
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Do you think EA make good games?

Post by GoSsArD »

gtouk21 wrote:Looks like i got this going.

I say EA make crap to average games. If you look at FIFA, NFS, NFL, etc. (except NHL), they are average games. If they have brilliant graphics (which they dont) then the gameplay sucks, if gameplay rules, then graphics suck, notibly NFS.

Any takes on this?
I would have thought that the majority of people on this forum would think that on average EA make good games - atleast the NFS series. Games good enough for us to waste more of our time discussing on a forum infact...?!? If you dislike the NFS series why would you bother joining in here at all? So thats a thumbs up from me. As money grabbing as they are becoming, so far their games are still fun.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

yes i think they make alot of good games. nfs, nba street, fifa etc. it annoys me when people come on here just to booboo about ea and say theyre crap.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

EA is crap free! :lol:
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

make no mistake, i dig the NFS series, but the thing about EA games is that its all arcade, pick up and play games (besides command and conquer). they aim too much at the younger market. for a 5 year old to pick up the game and take not too long to master it.

FIFA is crap if you have played Pro evolution... with FIFA you can score from the half way line 50% of the time. and the curl of the ball is madness. puts beckham in the eyes.

Simulation Rules
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

gtouk21 wrote:FIFA is crap if you have played Pro evolution... with FIFA you can score from the half way line 50% of the time. and the curl of the ball is madness. puts beckham in the eyes.
Simulation Rules
I'll agree that fifa is an arcade style football game, but, EA hasnt added a curl option for atleast the last 4 titles.. i think 2002 was the last one with curl!?!?! Have you played 2007 on the 360?? it is right up there with PES
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

The games are usually average, but their business tactics are the most horrible in the industry. There has been the occasional excellent games, but usually done by companies EA bought out or published for. EA in house games are usually horrible.

Get em out the door, make em pay. Release a crap load of expansion packs at full price. Make a bunch of sequels. Cha-ching.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

If EA dont make good games, then it wouldnt have been one of the most successfull and biggest gaming companies so far, think about it.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i think they make some of the best out there look at the whole NFS series and the whole battlefield series. you could say those series changed the gaming community
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

gtouk21 wrote:make no mistake, i dig the NFS series, but the thing about EA games is that its all arcade, pick up and play games (besides command and conquer). they aim too much at the younger market. for a 5 year old to pick up the game and take not too long to master it.

FIFA is crap if you have played Pro evolution... with FIFA you can score from the half way line 50% of the time. and the curl of the ball is madness. puts beckham in the eyes.

Simulation Rules
What about Lord of the rings (Battle for middle earth 2) that game rocks. And about FIFA...choose harder difficulty
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

NFS's are the best one EA games....
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

The biggest selling genre in the games industry are sports games, more specifically sports games that use official names - FIFA, NHL, NFL, NBA, etc (this is mainly in the Western market - EA has little or no influence in the Japanese market). There is a lot of money in this market segment, and EA pretty much has a monopoly on it. Apart from PES there isn't really much else out there from other developers. Another area of their licensing strength includes Harry Potter (one of the biggest selling games ever!) and Lord of the Rings.

This is why EA is now one of the biggest gaming companies in the industry - LICENSING.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

yes they make good games
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

EA make hell good games

I really like them coz they really make NFS series all great and Battlefield 2 and also the new one Battlefield 2142 all the servers kick bum bum for Battlefield 2 its so good :P
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

They make some good games.

But they are 1 hell of a greedy company many, many times imo.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I liked better the old Electronic Arts:

Now it's a kind of monopolistic brand... :roll:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

EA are starting to go downhill from what I can see. Also they dont treat the staff over there very well.
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

Ataraxia wrote:EA are starting to go downhill from what I can see. Also they dont treat the staff over there very well.
Who told you that they treat their staff bad?

Think it gonna take a long while if they gonna go downhill.
Rich company, keep making more games and it so friggin huge.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

it's common knowledge within the game developers community that they work their staff like dogs. One of the lecturers at the uni i got to used to work for EA - and he basically wasn't very happy working for them. On the other hand working for EA means you are pretty much guranteed a hit game no matter how shiznit it actually is.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I think EA are evil tbh , The churn out so many bad games all year every year . Next year , there will be anew NFS and prob another 10 Sims 2 expansion packs . I just wish they would spend longer than a yearon a game , they have the ppl to do it but have gotten to big for thier own good . I personally think Blizzard are the best game developers out there .

Return to “The Games”