Forum Index's new face-lift.

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Forum Index's new face-lift.

Post by Andre_online »

I kinda like it! The General Discussion board has been completely flooded. How long did you guys take to categorise each and every topic for every NFS category after Carbon?

On that note, I'm really impressed. :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Forum Index's new face-lift.

Post by korge »

Lovin it. 8)
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Makes it harder for me to get all forums read :D

The game logos are kindof distracting though. But overall, I think it's a necessary change considering the chaos of topics that are on NFSUnlimited now.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

prince1142003 wrote:The game logos are kind of distracting though. But overall, I think it's a necessary change considering the chaos of topics that are on NFSUnlimited now.

Yeah, the logos are a bit in the way...wish they were smaller or removed completely.. :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Meh, makes it hard to read in my opinion, and I foresee many headaches in the future regarding separating this stuff out. Good idea though, but I think there should be an "NFS in general" section.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

A bunch of topics in the Editing section seem to have disappeared.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Lol yeah..all the new topics are missing. Most of the threads are back from 06.. :-k
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

prince1142003 wrote:A bunch of topics in the Editing section seem to have disappeared.
Gosh, I didn't notice that! I'm not active in the Editing forums, that's why.. I hope the topics will be back.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

prince1142003 wrote:A bunch of topics in the Editing section seem to have disappeared.
Each game now has it's own Editing, Competitions and Help & Support subforums. I've finished moving all Competitions and Help & Support topics and am in the process of moving the 1200+ Editing posts.

EDIT: Phew! 9 hours later and it's all done. I don't know about you guys but splitting the forum up by game is something I've wanted since the day I joined and it finally became possible with phpBB 3 and a little Bojan prodding (my favourite sport). Well, I hope you guys find the new setup easy to get around.

Appreciate that there was an absolute crapload of posts moved, probably half of which had to be manually checked when it wasn't clear from the thread title which game they related to. If you find any topics that are definitely out of place, reply to the topic suggesting its moved. If we agree, we'll move it and delete the new posts.

Cheers, GT
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

So you're the mastermind behind this! Haha! I thought it's Bojan.

I don't know mate.. No offense GT, but I feel this is kinda ripping off NFSCars' forum style by splitting the forums by NFS games. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth. :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

There's no intent to rip anyone off in this. In fact I have no idea how NFSCars arrange their forum, or any of the other NFS sites for that matter. This setup is simply more logical, IMO.

But hey, if NFSCars see it differently, then let them take it as a compliment. :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I love your optimism.. I missed you buddy. LOL! :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

GT3x24x7 wrote:This setup is simply more logical, IMO.
Honestly, with the most recent upgrade (separate Editing, Competitions, etc. sections), it makes a lot more sense, but I still think there should probably be a General Discussion section for all NFS games for topics like the ones discussing the future of the franchise and ones like that. Thanks for working on moving all of those though, it looks better now.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yes others have also suggested this by various means (pm, irc etc) and we're considering options such as adding a true NFS General Discussion forum alongside the game-specific ones. TBH I'm a bit wary of this because it's again unclear to people (esp. newcomers) where to post. Still, so what if we get a few Undercover-specific topics in the General board eh? It's easy enough to move them from time to time.

So I'll talk it over with Bojan and see what we come up with. Meantime, if you guys have more suggestions, let's hear 'em! :D

Edit: Oh btw, you know what I thought was a really interesting outcome from this? You can now look at the postcount of each game forum and get quite a good picture of how popular each game was and how much hype/buzz each generated. From the numbers alone it's clear that U2 and MW were by far the most popular of the 'modern' NFS series. ;)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Edit: Oh btw, you know what I thought was a really interesting outcome from this? You can now look at the postcount of each game forum and get quite a good picture of how popular each game was and how much hype/buzz each generated. From the numbers alone it's clear that U2 and MW were by far the most popular of the 'modern' NFS series. ;)
Hmm, but that's been a collection of post from back to 4 years ago. Maybe, maybe... in about 4 years from now, Undercover + ProStreet + Carbon posts will grow significantly. :)

Just give them some time. :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

True enough.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

NFS2010?

Who is to say the next game will even be released in 2010?

At this rate, its more likely to be in a couple months.. 2009.. :roll: :P
korge
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I agree somewhat. What do you think the new forum should be called? Something with the word 'next' or 'future' could work I guess..
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

NFS Future Developments.

What cha think?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well it's really intended to be about just the next game in the series, not the entire thing going forward, but you're on the right track.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

General NFS Discussion

I mean really, since that encompasses everything not related in particular to a single game. Stuff like future titles and multiple NFS discussion. You know, like what we had before. :lol:
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

korge wrote:General NFS Discussion

I mean really, since that encompasses everything not related in particular to a single game. Stuff like future titles and multiple NFS discussion. You know, like what we had before. :lol:
Yup! That's the direction I was going. Hope he got it.. :P

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”