A little suggestion about team leaderboard

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Arrjo
Ricer
Ricer

A little suggestion about team leaderboard

Post by Arrjo »

Hello there.
I created this topic because I'm tired of the unfair calculating of team point on unlimited's leaderboards. You can understand what I'm talking about if you will check (for example) top-1 team: GARUDAINA.
This team is first because they have hundreds of players, but not because they are skilled. I think that team leaderboard must be changed to show the most experienced team in top, not the largest by number of players. So, I suggest to change the calculating system in team leaderboard (sum of team members points) to another one - the simple system of average points. The number of team point will be (sum of points)/(number of members).
Then top will be completely changed. In top-10 places will be most skilled teams. It will be real top of teams, not the "We have a crowd of people!!111" board.
That's all of my suggestion. Sorry for any mistakes in the post, I just do not speak English perfectly.
Also sorry if that suggestion already was here.
And of course I ask all forum members to post their point of view.
Thank you for attention.
RunIck
Stock
Stock

Re: A little suggestion about team leaderboard

Post by RunIck »

Agreed. The current system does not work. team no significance in this list liderbordov. :|
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Hey, you guys have a point.
How about a team efficiency ranking with average points per member?
Arrjo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Arrjo »

If I understood you right, your system will change team leaderboards as well as my "system", and top teams will have most skilled players, or it might be another one leaderboard with average points regardless of existing leaderboard? It will be great, but how will you realize new system?
TunerBoy
Stock
Stock

Post by TunerBoy »

Maybe it gonna be a good idea if there could be a calculating of team activity system.
F.E. If there players updates their time, and they consists in a team, the team will get additional points for activity. That will show which team are trying to lead. This will help to view out those teams that rises because of adding and farming new players.
I'm also want to support the guys who proposed the idea to improve raking system.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yea sounds like a good idea, to keep track of how the teams are moving on the leaderboards.
So basically nobody wants the current team rankings anymore?
deadmoroz14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by deadmoroz14 »

I agree that we need to change the system of scoring points.
TunerBoy wrote:F.E. If there players updates their time, and they consists in a team, the team will get additional points for activity. That will show which team are trying to lead. This will help to view out those teams that rises because of adding and farming new players.
imagine if all team members showed their skill and set so good times that now they can't beat them, so the team will have no additional points for its activity(i know that this is nearly unreal but we should consider all cases). but really this team is better. we need to think about it.
Arrjo wrote:The number of team point will be (sum of points)/(number of members).
it's ok but we need to set the lower limit of people for the team because if the system of scoring points will be like you said, for example ersteg can create a team just for himself and his team will be #1 in the leaderboards and nobody will be able to beat his team .

sorry for bad english and thank you for your attention.
Unquiet
Stock
Stock

Post by Unquiet »

First of all, i want that the number of players in team will be not over 25-30 members
As about: "F.E. If there players updates their time, and they consists in a team, the team will get additional points for activity.", i don't like this idea, because many people can't play often, so their points will be not calculated for their team
As about other systems, hmm.. i don't understand them
Sorry for my English :wink:
TunerBoy
Stock
Stock

Post by TunerBoy »

Unquiet wrote:i don't like this idea, because many people can't play often, so their points will be not calculated for their team
That what is all about, what does team mean? Is a fully competing community of players and racers. There are no need in those people who aint playin and seemed to be a useless person to the Team. The strongest racers will force the best Team only. Thats my point of view.
fedor6688
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fedor6688 »

Dear Bojan, answer me please how many voices to you a necessary to change existing system? In our Russian-speaking community is available about 100-200 players.
If it is necessary, all of them can vote here but then you should read many messages:)

I think average of points of a team should be calculated so: number of members divided into all points of a team=number of points of a team, or it is possible to add simply points as well as now, but then the team should be not less than 10 and no no more 30 members.

I hope we together will change system in such a manner that will make a site nfsunlimited.net even more popular among players NFS.
Yours faithfully, fedor6688, RL9-2 team.
zigurd
Stock
Stock

Post by zigurd »

Bojan wrote:Hey, you guys have a point.
How about a team efficiency ranking with average points per member?
Good idea, RL9 team fully supports this development. Thank in advance!!!
800RPM
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 800RPM »

Hi Bojan!

I don't like the current team ranking system because it does not show the strength of a team. And here are my thoughts of the new system that I hope will be fulfilled:
1. I like the idea of team's average per member calculating system (overall total points should be divided on the number of members).
2. The number of members in a team shouldn't be low (minimum 20) and not too large (about 30-40 and should be considered). If minimum will be 10 members or less one good racer (or cheater) can EASILY create several accounts and set good times.
3. I don't like the idea of additional points for a member's activity.

Sincerely,
800RPM
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ok so, the avg points per team member needs a bit of work as it would make small teams superior over large teams. I don't think limiting the amount of team members would be a good idea as there can be larger country or whatever based teams which are there only for connecting people.
zigurd
Stock
Stock

Post by zigurd »

Bojan wrote:Ok so, the avg points per team member needs a bit of work as it would make small teams superior over large teams. I don't think limiting the amount of team members would be a good idea as there can be larger country or whatever based teams which are there only for connecting people.
Yes, I completely agree with u,but this is a good system, and the one thing which needed to make (I think so ) this is the lower limit of players per team. For example 10 players, after this accrue points for team.

In this case we have this one: f.e. we have first team with 100 of members, from which 10 have 100к points and 90 - 70к points, avg team points in this case - 73k, and we have second one f.e. with 30 members (much better drivers) from which 10 have 100к of points and 20 with 85k in this case avg team points will be 90k and this team will be higher, i think this is fair system. Only one what needed to make - the low limit of members in team.
Last edited by zigurd on 29 Apr 2011, 12:01, edited 3 times in total.
Sidewave
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sidewave »

Arrjo wrote:So, I suggest to change the calculating system in team leaderboard (sum of team members points) to another one - the simple system of average points. The number of team point will be (sum of points)/(number of members).
I fully support this idea because I was just tired of seeing the first local team, the players are not included even in the top 100.
fedor6688
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fedor6688 »

zigurd wrote: In this case we have this one: f.e. we have first team with 100 of members, from which 10 have 100к points and 90 - 70к points, avg team points in this case - 73k, and we have second one f.e. with 30 members (much better drivers) from which 10 have 100к of points and 20 with 85k in this case avg team points will be 90k and this team will be higher, i think this is fair system. Only one what needed to make - the low limit of members in team.
I completely support this system.
KOGALYM
Stock
Stock

Post by KOGALYM »

My vote is also for changing the existing system and I agree with the above examples.
BlackDiablos
Stock
Stock

Post by BlackDiablos »

fedor6688 wrote: I completely support this system.
I also support
800RPM
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 800RPM »

Bojan wrote:Ok so, the avg points per team member needs a bit of work as it would make small teams superior over large teams. I don't think limiting the amount of team members would be a good idea as there can be larger country or whatever based teams which are there only for connecting people.
1. So if you think that small teams with relatively good drivers will have an advantage against the large teams make the minimal number of members in a team large (20 or more as I proposed in my previous post) and make it a prerequisite.
2. Yes, there are large countries. Don't make the limit in number of team members at all.
3. Multi-team drivers - any thoughts? Should a driver be allowed in multi-teams or not? I think multi-team drivers shouldn't be allowed.
NOTBADFORYOU
Stock
Stock

Post by NOTBADFORYOU »

of course Arrjo`s idea to change system is the best decision !! i fully agreed
allexsei
Stock
Stock

Post by allexsei »

I agree with this proposal. I wished yesterday to propose a similar system for the correct display of the team rating
PsychoPower
Stock
Stock

Post by PsychoPower »

Great idea. I hope the site administration seriously accept the wishes of members of the forum.
TRAINSOUND
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TRAINSOUND »

I'm totally agree with Arrjo.I hope soon will be changes on this grate site;)
ROMANIU
Stock
Stock

Post by ROMANIU »

Very nice idea (+). I hope too the site administration seriously accept the wishes of members of the forum.
R0DRIGUEZ
Stock
Stock

Post by R0DRIGUEZ »

My vote is also for changing the existing system and I agree with the above examples.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”