Where is NFSUnlimited going... (?)

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Where is NFSUnlimited going... (?)

Post by korge »

<center>Image</center>

I have noticed, but after a while, this site does get boring, unfortunately. In fact, out of most of all the NFS forums I visit, this is the most active (and best). With that said, where is this site going? I don’t see the forum growing. This site has grown since I used it for about a year, but even, It is pretty much the same deal over again. I wanted to see this site become like those popular sites which may have only 5000 registered, but 2000 of them post often. Yeah, there is the showroom which attracts attention, but most of the members which take the showroom seriously are forum based members, but then of course, most of the old members die off then more newbie’s come in and inevitably take their place.

I just want to know, why is the only 1 discussion forum on NFS? If you notice, most of the topic and discussions on the index are all off topic. Aside from the General Discussion for NFS, there is nothing. So basically this is a pretty small site with 1 forum for NFS, a couple more for the Showroom, and the rest for off topic chatter. I want to know when this site will pick up to becoming the biggest fan site for NFS. I mean as in when will this site be the top dog because right now, the forum is tiny , them members are few, and the showroom is getting old( to me at least, and I know I’m not the only one). I just don’t want to end up ditching the last good NFS site. I left ND4SpdWorld due to the death of their forum and I left NFS Cheats just because how boring it was to me. I still check in on NFS cars but seems like they have nothing to do with Most Wanted. So in a last hope, I want to know, where this site is going...

Now believe me. I hope to stay here a long time, but with the time already spent here, I cant see that it really makes a difference when most users may end up leaving or if its just a site full of newbies. Well, I’m done with my rants. Tell me what you think about this site, the forums, the showroom, and if you want to know if this site is going anywhere larger.
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Do you mean that you want sub-forums for every NFS games?

E.G: NFS Discussions > High Stakes Discussion, HP2 Discussion, NFSU discussion, NFSU2 discussion, NFSMW discussion?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

No. You didnt get it, he is just being philosophic.

Well I like this site very much and it's overall the most friendly to the users. Tell me what can you don in NFS-planet? Just check the news. Go to the forums and you will find a user called Sina and then 3-4 more.

Nfscars? download cars and thats it. I have visited it like 3 times in all my life. Nd4spdworld seems to be the closest to nfsunlimited, but I havent really tried it. nfs-center has a lot of screenshots, but nothing more...

http://www.nfsdesign.net/ is another one, I remember a whole afternoon downloading NFS3 cars from there, in a friends house. We burned them in a CD, 600Mb of cars (5Mb each one :P )

http://www.nfsunlimited.net is obviously not the best at news and downlaods, but it is when talking about the forums and the showroom. And how can you say the SR is dead, it's awesomely designed, check the nfs.-planet showroom and you will laugh :P

I am not as pesimist as you, IMO nfsunlimited keeps being the same great site it was when I joined it. And it will be for ever 8) as long as new NFS games keep coming, thats it...
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Well, I found out about this site because of the showroom. I've been posting on the Forums since the first week of my registration and have been ever since.

I don't visit any other NFS-sites, only this one :D
I have to admit that lately I haven't been posting that much on this Forum (due to other forums).
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

I have to say Korge........ COOL PICTURE!!

Im not sure why the site is getting boring. Maybe because everyone is playing Most Wanted and can't be bothered to come here.
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

I was thinking something similare to this. Like say, 2 years from now, will the site still be here? Who will still be posting here? Who will become new moderators?

And one question everyone needs to ask:

Where the fudge is GT?!?!?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

R34GTR wrote:I was thinking something similare to this. Like say, 2 years from now, will the site still be here?
Sure
Who will still be posting here?
Bojan and I
Who will become new moderators?
All users with experience, except I.
Where the fudge is GT?!?!?
I dont know but he will surely come back.
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

Well.....thanks for clearing that up :P I'll probably post here in a few years
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

No i think this site is going the rite way... I love the forums n discussions, although the showroom isnt as interesting as SR2...

But still wait till SR3 challenges come out, and then it'll become better... :)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Yeh, if anyone noticed, I've been off for a while. School is one problem, friends over on the weekends is another. I'd love to be on more, but I don't think there's anything to talk about anymore... I lost my chopping skills somewhere, and everyone still has NFSWM, while I sit here and play Runescape, and not MW.

I think this site was more entertaining back then... That dosen't mean I'm leavin tho... *sigh**sniff* Every fansite will come to an end, remember that.

Sad, but true... :(
cycle.
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cycle. »

who said it had to finshe sometime why not carry on thinking of stuff trying your hardest i meen ive been on the grand theft auto san andreas forum and people make newspapers with pics i.e sadly a helicopter has crassed with 8 police etc etc if we come up with stuff like that and need for speed carrys on with new games are sons and daughthers will be sitting at the computer on this hopfully.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I mean that when the host dies, (no offense), The younger users will have no more host to pay for the site. Hopefully there will be someone else that can host the site and keep it alive. :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm not planning on dying anytime soon...
p_p_l_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by p_p_l_ »

How much do red aliens live? :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Youll never see a forum with 2000 active users. Game-site forum that is.

Even with 30-40k registered users constant poster count wont go upper 500 people plank.
Point is that forums does grow and site itself. Showroom3 made alot of activity in it.

Also, is it small site? Last time i checked rankings it was 2nd popular NFS fan-site after NFS-Cars even only tho NFS-Cars got alot of stuff to download.

So basicly as long as NFS series keep going to some direction, the site will also keep going.
Sometimes web-site can evluate from a fan-site into something bigger. I mean with all those sections in forum i see alot of discussions that go above any gaming at all. And its good.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

i wont (maybe) tell long tales. but, the mods&admins should search fr news like 2furio does. and-take a look at onther nfs realated sites-maybe there is something iteresting that your site doesnt have. like this .

but i still am waiting for duels and challenegs...without them, the sr3 isnt too interesting...and-i hate those users who pm other with ''hey, ive got a new car, chek it out and it will be in the top'' <<<annoying! and-they are in the tops, the best cars arent in tops and thats sad. for example look ad !l!s!c! or welcu...well of course thats just my opinion...
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

I wish that the people who regularly post here (e.g me, Dani, Stereo, master m, etc.) would post more n00b-friendly posts, b/c when I was a n00b, I had no respect.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Don't worry about the forum or the site. After a year after I started posting, everything her seemed to be dying. There where only 5 really active users, and it seemed it was getting every day emtyer. Search for the oasis in the middle of the desert. But then, after some monts. BOOM: NFSUG! newbies all arround, new seperposter users and you had to be carefull not to get rolled over.
I got tired of the forum, left for arround a year, and here I am back again. So is Viper_gts, so everything moves on. the forum is not what it used to be, but it has eveolved into something maybe better , maybe worst, it depends on what you like.
I say, as long as Bobyx is here it will go on. (Sorry for that Bojan)
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

I left on a conquest to learn how to do web design, doing a 45 hour working week and trying to learn something like web design which i had never done before was pretty demanding. Hell i didn't even know what HTML meant.
So i took the decision to leave the commmunity and to be honest wasn't entirely sure whether i would return.

Anyway, i quickly learned HTML and moved onto PHP/MYSQL. After gaining a pretty good amount of knowledge on both i got hungry and wanted to better myself even further. So i gave Flash a try. I can do alittle flash, but nothing extremely fancy.

After that i wanted to learn actual programming so i gave VB a bash. This took me quite a while to comprehend, i don't know whether if it was because i was use to doing things a certain way in PHP or if it was just generally a hard language to pick up.

Either way, i'm starting to find my way around Visual Basic pretty well now and have a couple of applications in progress. Anyway, i have made a couple of freak appearances over the last year or so, but hopefully this one will last and i think it will :)

It's good to see you again Koffy :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Oi, where is everybody? This site used to get new replies all the time, now it just seems like they're all from 5-9 in the morning and that's it for the day. Maybe they went to go get some free pie... I want free pie!

It seems like the only two active topics anymore are the Creativity Board and the Offtopic Discussion Board. So is it just me or are there starting to be way too many competitions. People are starting to make competitions for anything they see, just to moderate there own competition. A chop competition every two weeks was fine, but we don't need one every week, it's just too much. Perhaps a different competition like a sig comp every week the chop comp is being polled, but now we have like 3 chop comps, 2 sig comps, and 5 other various competitions of some sort up at the same time. There's my $.02, now give me my pie!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Social life is definitely 10X more important than a discussion board. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

That's not what I'm saying... I'm just saying the site is not nearly as active as it once was. And that there are too many competitions. :P

-EDIT-
And that I want some free pie.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Your rite there are too many Competitions and where IS THAT FREE PIE!!!!!

Well there are alot of comps going on and This place is getting more spammier by the second. Sometimes people are funny but it goes way offtopic (like the pie :D)

This site is losing the nf in nfsunlimited. Its just and unlimited forum.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

When it comes down to it, there are way too many users that are just here for the Artistic aspect of showing off and thats it, unless they are just posting away in the Offtopic like its a chat room. Most of all it seems dead except for the nonrelated NFS discussions.

And Andre is praiseworthy for his logic.
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

korge wrote:When it comes down to it, there are way too many users that are just here for the Artistic aspect of showing off and thats it, unless they are just posting away in the Offtopic like its a chat room. Most of all it seems dead except for the nonrelated NFS discussions.
To be honest, I came here because of NFS. The off topic board is usually the last place I visit after some NFS stuffs here, and neither do I post much in there. ;)
korge wrote:And Andre is praiseworthy for his logic.
I'm glad someone's in my league. :)

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”