Why do people hate Windows Vista?

The lightly moderated completely off topic board with where the usual posting restrictions do not apply. Forum games welcome. There's a catch though: your post count will not increase.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Why do people hate Windows Vista?

Post by XCROSSX »

Yeah you got it...
I was a user of Vista and I was very pleased of it (now I use win 7). It seemed a lot better than XP. Even a guy in my class that used Ubuntu and XP, is very pleased now of Vista and doesn't want to change it...
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Why do people hate Windows Vista?

Post by Stereo »

I used to hate it but now I love it. It's pretty quick and doesn't use up my CPU in idle anymore. I used to have a crappy computer with an Athlon 64 4000, but that was a POS. The processor cost me like $30. Now I have a Core2Quad Q9450 with 4 gigs of ram on Vista 64-bit, and it lovs me. :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I suppose most of the dislikers are still remembering the days of the initial release of Vista. At that time Vista really wasn't that great: ate a lot of resources and had performance issues. After time has passed Vista has matured rather well. Service pack and other updates have resolved pretty much all of the major issues. It still is resource hungry (when compared to XP) but people have better machines too now so it really isn't an issue anymore (unless you try to stick to an older machine).

I'm currently using both XP and Vista, and have no issues what so ever with either of them. I'm also trying out W7 RC on my mediacenter and so far I'm very happy with it . For mediacenter purposes anyway, plays media files really well straight out of the box. I only needed to install ONE codec, the matroska splitter for mkv support, and now even WMP12 (which comes with W7) plays mkv's no problem. Divx/Xvid files work without any additional stuff.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

vellu wrote:Service pack and other updates have resolved pretty much all of the major issues.
Too bad SP1 fluffyfoowoowoopypoopys up my computer.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

As with XP, I remembered when that was crap, it's just that people will get use to it after a while like this:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Don't knock the Vista chair - it's all shiny and stuff.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

:arrow: BLAHEAD

That picture is so true
tripmeister
Stock
Stock

Post by tripmeister »

My Brother laptop is in Vista. Some games and programs can't run on vista. Its very troublesome to search for it in the web on how to make it work. But i think Vista has its own qualities. But I prefer Windows XP.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Do we need (a) new Windows?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Personally, I think it's probably just because of how bloated and resource-consuming Vista is. And how many compatibility issues it has. And how it takes up more disk space. And, in general, how XP is more efficient.

I'm skipping Vista. I'm going to run XP for as long as I can, and when I need to upgrade, it'll be to a Windows 7 machine.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I agree. If I need to update, it will be 7 or whatever will exist then.
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lucky 13 »

Possibly because they changed everything when they didn't need to. You can no longer arrange a folder by file type, and Office Vista (or whatever it's called) sucks. I've seriously never had a Word autoformat that I've wanted to keep... damn automatic double-space.
*farts*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

RedCarDriver wrote:Personally, I think it's probably just because of how bloated and resource-consuming Vista is. And how many compatibility issues it has. And how it takes up more disk space. And, in general, how XP is more efficient.

I'm skipping Vista. I'm going to run XP for as long as I can, and when I need to upgrade, it'll be to a Windows 7 machine.
exactly what im going to do.
im going to stay on XP as long as i can, because:
i don't need vista for those few DX10 working games with +1 to graphic filters hiding the uglyness of the game
a new system is damn expensive, unless you buy a new PC<you get one for free then>
reason 3: why would i change something that works well?
reDFlag
Ricer
Ricer

Post by reDFlag »

I'm on Vista and I adore it!
The only issues I can think of are a very few compatibility problems, the annoying security pop-ups (although I found a workaround so I no longer get these), and the fact that Vista uses more resources than XP/7.
Otherwise I think Vista was QUITE a good upgrade to XP!
AKA -hidden-
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

reDFlag wrote:I'm on Vista and I adore it!
The only issues I can think of are a very few compatibility problems, the annoying security pop-ups (although I found a workaround so I no longer get these), and the fact that Vista uses more resources than XP/7.
Otherwise I think Vista was QUITE a good upgrade to XP!
pretty much that resource thing AND those security popups (something like...: Do you want to run this? Do you seriously want to run this? Are you sure? Really?) are why i wont use Vista. + that thing tried to terminate itself stating that "This program is dangerous" :lol:
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Ok, as an IT Tech, I hate Vista. It's more resource hungry than Win 7, it's less compatible, it's slower, and unless you have a pretty blinding rig it's just frustrating. Not to mention UAC is just plain idiotic on it. TBH why on earth run Vista, when Win 7 Pro is so damn cheap.

I used to run a dual boot with XP, no need for that anymore. I have only found one game that didn't work in 7 64bit and that's Privateer 2: The Darkening from 1996 and that's cos it was coded for DOS. Everything else works fine, and drivers just work. There's no screwing about looking for stuff like with XP and Vista.

Also currently 60% of my callouts are due to Vista issues, then 20% are for XP, and 20% are for Telstra roughly. XP is easier to fix that Vista, mainly because despite service packs and stuff Vista is less well supported than XP. So the end result is XP is still about and will be for at least another 2-4 years. Win 7 is taking the next spot and will be available up to about 2014 in the current cycle. And Win 8 will be more of an update than overhaul with Win 9 being 64 bit only.

So get rid of Vista it's just a stinking PoS ;)

Return to “Can of Spam”