Prefered Tuning

Performance tuner hangout for discussion related to performance tuning and blueprints.
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Prefered Tuning

Post by Rouse »

Which matters to you more, interior tuning or exterior? In other words engine parts, nitros oxide, tires, ect. Or Aerodynamics?

To me, it's Aerodynamics. Main reason is because I like cars with little money spend, yet they are great to drive. For example a simple body kit Autosculpted towards Aerodynamics as apposed to Style, and maybe good tires and exhaust, and the car gains somethin like 50 HP or so, idk. Plus it comes in handy, I would believe, in single-file, or two-wide Drafts, right? And that ALWAYS comes in handy. \:D/ That's just my style or Performance Tuning, what's yours?
Last edited by Rouse on 07 Nov 2007, 21:07, edited 2 times in total.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Prefered Tuning

Post by Tsarg »

I prefer tuned on the inside. Engine, brakes and suspension being the most important in my opinion. No need for flashy bodykits nor spoilers since my Camaro SS will not even carry one unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary for drag (i will have to check on the windtunnell the pros and cons of the spoilers).

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
DaCoR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DaCoR »

I think the engine is very important, but the power must be balanced with the car.. I really like all types of tuning, you must find a balance between all types of tuning to make a perfect car.. :)
Love cars forever.. <3 xD
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

I guess it could really depend on the car you have too right? like the SS naturally has a fast engine so it wouldn't really NEED aerodynamics, but then again it could help..you never know.lol
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Rouse wrote:I guess it could really depend on the car you have too right? like the SS naturally has a fast engine so it wouldn't really NEED aerodynamics, but then again it could help..you never know.lol
Of course. What i meant is that for the kind of racing that i will be doing the most (drag) i really have no need for aerodinamics. The thing i need the most is raw engine power, so basically the bodykits, spoilers, custom rims, and the likes, are not what i will be aiming for.

Cheers!!! ;)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

;-) of couse of couse. How bout a Wheelie Bar? It'd be sweet if they were in this game.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

I would KILL to have a wheelie bar in the game. I actually asked that this morning at an article and am waiting some kind of answer to see if there are any parts available specifically for drag races.

Hope to see ya online bro!!!

Dragin' is my crack!!!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

lol an exotic with a wheelie bar..lol. Oh hopefully you will sir
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

Engin tuning. Because its bether than aerodynamik. For aerodynamik i need only spoiler :P thats it

and yeah balance!!!! BALANCE!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

I try to balance my engine parts for the most part..
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Rouse wrote:I try to balance my engine parts for the most part..

Exactly. Engine is the most important part for me ..... and a good driver of course cause you can have the power, but if the skills lack you are not going anywhere.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

i think the suspension and drivetrain come first, it's cheap and gives your car a huge boost in handling and power. then comes tires, cause you have to put the power to the road (like i hate it when your in first gear and your wheels simply spin on the ground), then engine/forced induction, aero, then N2O. I just fell that internal works are much more important than nitrous because it simply is only a temporary boost.

Brakes are somewhere leaning towards the end in the list
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Yes, definately the nitro is the last thing i will add since as you say its only a temporary thing. Other modifications come first. Hit me up as i said with engine (and peripherals), suspension, brakes, tires ..... in that order.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

cause i will use trueno i will start from suspenshion, lsd, turbo, tyres,breakes ...etc.
This car low power so it need torque turbo will give alot of poer and easy to tune it :P
Assymetrix
Ricer
Ricer
Location: cocpit of a multiration-turbo charged nissan 200sx s14a

Post by Assymetrix »

aerodynamics is my speciality so i choose them not for a flashy look, also less drag effect, better cooling and airduct (cooler panels' and differantials airduct + better breathing), ideal downforce and of course less turbulance (its important for me coz i usually smoke others at starightways by drafting them, watch your butt if i'm behind you :D )
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

Rouse wrote:;-) of couse of couse. How bout a Wheelie Bar? It'd be sweet if they were in this game.
I think i remember seeing a video with a wheelie bar on the car, i'll try to find it for ya. though, it is just a video so no guarentees =P
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Hmmmm ........ i dont know about that. Are you sure it was a NFSPS video where you saw the bar??? I surely havent seen it and i have actively looked for it since my main events will be drag races.

Hope someone gives me the good news and i can count on having a wheelie bar for my Camaro.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

hmm i think i saw it too.
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

yeah i coulda swore i saw it on ign, but i checked and can't find the video. I'm almost postive i saw one though. Maybe it was a different site, but i'd just about swear on my life that i saw one in a PS video.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Hmmm ........ this is going to become an Urban Legend sometime soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers!!! :P
Dragin' is my crack!!!
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

Hmm, i think i figured it out. I saw this PS video where they mixed real footage with PS footage, and I saw a wheelie bar on a drag car, but it turns out that that was the real footage, so...my bad :oops:
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Damn .... you just made me an unhappy person :( :( :(

Hope they bring it out as a patch or something :P

Dragin' is my crack!!!
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

hey, its still possible lol, but i doubt it since their trying to create more of a street racing feel, and street racers don't drive around with wheelie bars on =P
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

RedRevolver wrote:hey, its still possible lol, but i doubt it since their trying to create more of a street racing feel, and street racers don't drive around with wheelie bars on =P
Yeah, maybe you're right, however i would love to see a wheelie bar implemented, as i said the wheelie might be fun for a while, but once you go 1000hp+ then it might get annoying on each race to have to control not only the gear shifting and the tire burning, or the nitro, but also the damn wild wheelie.

I dont know im just making guesses since i havent tried out drag racing in the game yet, and i sure hope im wrong about it and hope that the wheelies are actually a fun part in the drag system.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

Yeah i hope wheelies turn out to be a fun addition, if they become annoying i just might not do drag. I'm not gonna focus on it very much anyway, but i hope it turns out to be awesome.

Return to “The Garage”