Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by TheStig »

Highest is 8.9k
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

So you're still pretty high up :)
You sure kicked GT's bumbum
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yeah still in second place... but since my postcount is very low these days, I doubt I will ever get back to first place.

I still follow the news about NFS and read other stuff here when I can, but other then that it's not like the Underground days :)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Bojan wrote:and has anybody broken the 10k limit?
I dont know about on here, but on VitalBMX (BMX Forum) 5k posts means they will send you a 200 dollar wheel set for free. 10k was two wheels. 15k was your choice of and forks, frame and handlebars. and 20k was a completely custom bike, any parts you pleased. Lots of people made it past 20k.
Instagram @SupraHKS
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That's well and good, but were the posts worth reading?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Maybe you guys should add a reputation system. That should prevent people from posting non sense hehe.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Would be usefull if people where posting a lot over here... but since the activity is not as big as it was several years ago....
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

TheStig wrote:Would be usefull if people where posting a lot over here... but since the activity is not as big as it was several years ago....
hopefully the new MW will bring activity up
Instagram @SupraHKS
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Cant believe im saying this but, NFS Underground is still one of the most fun need for speed game I ever played since nfs porsche unleashed. Judging by the gameplay from the MW2, I still think Underground is way more fun.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't have high hopes for MW2

by what I read and seen it looks like there is no real single player as in a story or something.

I have to agree that I Underground is one of my favorites, U2 was nice but a bit to much focussed on visual tuning with spinners and that kind of stuff.
Most Wanted was also one of my favourite NFS games of the modern series, sure there where some less good things, but the city was nice and the carlist was good (might have been nicer with all the cars from U1/2 in it also) only things I didn't like as much where the fact that the cars of the random opponents where rather riced out even the super cars, the Blacklist racers wherent that bad, sure some where ricy but not as bad as the random cars (Carrera GT with huge bodykit and roofscoops and such)
Basically after Undercover I just gave up on NFS, even the revival of Hot Pursuit couldn't get me to buy it, tried the demo and was so disapointed in how it drove was really looking forward to a classic NFS but maybe that was the biggest mistake expecting to get something as it used to instead of something completely new.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

TheStig wrote:I don't have high hopes for MW2

by what I read and seen it looks like there is no real single player as in a story or something.

I have to agree that I Underground is one of my favorites, U2 was nice but a bit to much focussed on visual tuning with spinners and that kind of stuff.
Most Wanted was also one of my favourite NFS games of the modern series, sure there where some less good things, but the city was nice and the carlist was good (might have been nicer with all the cars from U1/2 in it also) only things I didn't like as much where the fact that the cars of the random opponents where rather riced out even the super cars, the Blacklist racers wherent that bad, sure some where ricy but not as bad as the random cars (Carrera GT with huge bodykit and roofscoops and such)
Basically after Undercover I just gave up on NFS, even the revival of Hot Pursuit couldn't get me to buy it, tried the demo and was so disapointed in how it drove was really looking forward to a classic NFS but maybe that was the biggest mistake expecting to get something as it used to instead of something completely new.
Yea those random ricers were ballistic. Had me leaghing sometimes though.

I think the new MW will bring in more fans, looks promising and it also looks like Criterion spent more time on this then NFS HP. I feel that the new HP was a breath fresh air compared to the garbage before, that why it did so well. Evem if this is not a new NFS, it will at least be a new Burnout to me, which is still good regardless. But we will have to wait and judgement day is Oct. 30th.
Instagram @SupraHKS
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yeah I'll just wait what everybody else says about it... and if there is a demo I'll try it.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

From the looks of the newer gameplay videos, it reminds me of NFS The Run. Disappointing.

I came across the nfs 3 intro and it sent chills up my spine along with bringing back the great memories from my childhood.

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hah, check out my channel - you'll find a lot more NFS-related memories there.. :D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Hah, check out my channel - you'll find a lot more NFS-related memories there.. :D
Nice I subbed

Let me post my channel here alos, i plan on putting a lot of nfs videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/yourmomgami ... sults_main
Instagram @SupraHKS
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I personally think the intro of NFS II is one of the best, NFS III is nice also.

But then I also have a weak spot for Underground... liked the intro, was a lot better then Underground 2.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Agree, NFS II Intro FTW :D

..but I think my fav is NFS4. They obviously had a lot of fun making this one!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

To me, Porsche Unleashed's intro is the best one in the whole series. The music, the cars, the scenery, everything is just perfect. :)

I watched that everytime I played the game. I even used to mimic the intro with my wheel and pedals, including opening an imaginary door like the guy driving the blue Carrera RSR. :lol: Good times...

Hot Pursuit II is also great. That music fits so perfectly... god! :D The Murciélago flashing the headlights, the Diablo cop car showing up, the "blue barbie" sentence...

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hydro_PT wrote:the "blue barbie" sentence...
:shock:

Do you mean the first line of cop chatter in the intro, "Copy 31.. Turning on a speeder that just BLEW BY ME" ???
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

What :shock:

I always though he says "blue barbie"... not "blew by me". True, the "blue barbie" never made much sense to me, but I liked it. I thought it was some kind of code to refer to a Ferrari running away from the cops. Barbie = Ferrari; blue = cops. :mrgreen:

I guess that's what happens when you are not a native speaker. :lol: I still hear it today as "blue barbie", not "blew by me". "Blue" and "blew" can be easily misunderstood, but that "by me" really sounds like "barbie" to me. Back in those days I knew very little of English, but today after what, 14 years learning English, I still hear "barbie".

Oh well, you ruined one of my memories. That's bad, and you should feel bad about it. :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Hydro_PT wrote: the "blue barbie" sentence...

Don't mind my obscene comments on your channel GT, my fingers run a little feral after coming home from stressful school days :(
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Maybe what he really said is "blew barbie"?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ :lol:
Hydro_PT wrote:Oh well, you ruined one of my memories. That's bad, and you should feel bad about it. :D
Haha, I was half aware I was doing that as I wrote the post, but meh! BTW, that's known as a "mondegreen" - there's a little more English for ya :D
t3ice wrote:Don't mind my obscene comments on your channel GT, my fingers run a little feral after coming home from stressful school days :(
Ah, no worries man, go for it. With around 700 videos, I get a lot of weirdass comments :P
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Mondegreen: a word or phrase that is misinterpreted as another word or phrase, usually with an amusing result.

Stands true! :mrgreen: Thanks for the info, I will probably feel less stupid if something like this happens again. At least, I will have a proper excuse then. :D

Actually, you didn't ruin anything. I still hear "blue barbie", and I will probably hear that until I die. :lol:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “General Discussion”