Tell us about your nickname and avatar

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Tell us about your nickname and avatar

Post by Rizur »

So tell us about your nickname and your avatar.
How did you come up with the name? What does the avatar tell about you?
You can also tell about your older nicknames and avatars.
And if you want you can also tell something about your signature :)

So my nickname: Rizur
It comes from my first name Riku. First there was an idea of Ricu and because of letter 'c' can be pronounced (in Finnish at least) as 'k' or as 's' came Risu (means stick/dry twig, lol) And because 'z' sounds like 's' came Rizu :D I use Rizu nickname quite much especially in finnish sites... The 'r' at the end came just because it sounds more international IMO and it reminds me of Razor from MW :)
Older nicknames:
RiQ91 (became too childish) Reptile (I used it in CoD2, too common so I changed)

My avatar:
My own logo with my favourite colors lime green and black. The logo is a symbol of R (when I was a child my letter R looked quite like that) and it also symbols some sort of a skull. This version looks more modern than the older ones.
My older avatars:
One was looing like Monster logo... it was like teared. Black background and lime green logo.
And two quite same looking. Battlemachine skull from ProStreet and the x on the forehead replaced with r3act logo. On the 2nd version the x was replaced with R from the Tenzo-R logo. And both of them had lime green and black background, my favourite color combo :)

My signature:
My NFSkyline's front with the same logo in the mesh as in my avatar. First I was about to make it as new avatar but then I got an idea of the sig.

Edit:
Now I have more modern avatar. Same logo now with light blue glow.
And sig is also new. It also got the same logo and also my name on it. The 2nd R is from Tenzo-R logo.
And also wave thingy in the background though its quite hard to see...
Last edited by Rizur on 17 May 2009, 19:20, edited 4 times in total.
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Tell us about your nickname and avatar

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

hmm well i dont have a sig.... but hey! :D

well ive had this avatar for quite a long time now! thanks to mr boganbusman for creating it! :wink:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

This is siggy... siggy is my friend.

I love siggy. It will forever be mine.

...and this is bunny!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
(He's working on world-domination) :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I drive the car in my sig, and I'd say the avatar is pretty self-explanatory. ;)

My username has been the same since I first started dwelling the intarwebz, going through a few variations (originally [!]HAZ~MAT[!]), since then. Though most people refer to me as just Haz, anymore.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I first joined this website on March 3rd 2004 under the name DrewBoi. I wanted to change my name and it was gonna take too much work for the admins so I just made a new name.

My avatar is a classic anime by the name of Crayon Shin Chan.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I can't be bothered to type out the 'boganbusman' story again, it's not very interesting anyway. You should just know that I am not, in fact, a bogan. I also despise such people.

The avatar is EVA-00 (zerogoki) of Neon Genesis fame, with the matching Lance of Longinus sig to suit. And just in case your were wondering, LEVEL:EEE is the lowest level of Terminal Dogma, which is where the Lance is held.
I don't expect many people to understand what the hell that is.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

boganbusman story! boganbusman story! *bangs fists on table*

I thought my username was kinda clever when I came up with it. Like 0 to 60mph... Yeah, I'm kinda bored of it now. I've started using JCap (J for my first initial, Cap for the beginning of my last name), but that almost sounds like I'm trying to be a gangster rapper or something, which is no good.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Zero260 wrote:I thought my username was kinda clever when I came up with it. Like 0 to 60mph...
I never even noticed that.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Same, you really should find a way to express that... :lol:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I think I took this name from some other guy on the Midtown Madness Central forums. Before this I was TalkToMe which was a LONG time ago. My avatar was made to match my sig...

When I was working at a waterpark I nicked myself GT (First and last initials) because people can't say my name properly the first time.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Zero260 wrote:boganbusman story! boganbusman story! *bangs fists on table*
seconded! *bang* :mrgreen:

anyway, my nick is my actual name (Yael, although its officially Yaël, just lazy xD) and my normal nick together
its like that because i already used Djiel at some point, forgot about this site and then found it again at time of TC2.
Djiel comes from some sportevent many years ago at my school, some idiot mispronounced my name and my classmates just kept it. i came up with the spelling, and its written as it was pronounced. (in english; Dj = like J in Jill, iel = like eel, the animal)

the avatar was made to match the sig (thanks to S2K :D)
its actress Rose McGowan in case you're wondering..
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:
Zero260 wrote:I thought my username was kinda clever when I came up with it. Like 0 to 60mph...
I never even noticed that.
How could you not? It was actually quite obvious....

Anyway, me. My nickname is my nickname is because I was kind of sick of all the other ones I've been using (and Koenigseggs, well, rock...). I used to be know on the internet as Murcielago, Murcie_LP640, and many other different forms of the Murcie name, because Murcielagos are in my opinion the most striking cars ever to be made and I love em to bits. To coincide with my nickname on THIS forum I simply got a pic of the bumbum-end of a Koenigsegg CCX, cropped it, and away I went. The sig, however has absolutely nothing to do with my name or this forum, it's just a random picture.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

About the name of KammyworldRacerGT4:

It all started when I made my mail account on Yahoo! as oldskoolkammy829. "Kammy" was actually a custom segment I made for my middle name, which is Cameron.

Cameron - -eron, then (C --> K) + -my = "Kammy". Get it? Eh, it confuses me, too.

For WorldRacer, I believed that the world should be in peace, not in a huge squabble for greed as President George W. Bush turned it into. I live in the U.S., but I am not a racist by any means. I am an African-American and hang out with Phillipinos, Hispanics, Chinese, Japanese, and even Caucasian people (even this one girl that I have a crush on is Caucasian, go figure :wink: )

To be honest, however, the name I preferred was Tuner Type K... :(

Finally, my avatar (the showroom one anyway): I am a bit of a retro gamer, though the NFS series, because of EA's generosity to provide Japanese Imports, still holds a place in my heart. And with Kirby as the main pic, it should be obvious: KIRBY GAMES PWN!!1! I feel Sonic is suffering due to Sammy and 4Kids Entertainment (DO NOT watch their dubs. Trust me, you'll thank me later), and Mario... slightly overrated (and I use the term "slightly" loosely).

Other nicknames
AmericanGTO (Burnout 3)
WarhawkGTO (Leader of Delta Force United - Battlefield 2)
And just Kammy for NFSU1 and 2 (Part of a team I created that didn't get off the ground, Midwest Ballaz. Though it had the name Midwest, anyone from any part of the world was welcome.)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Hardcore drifter
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hardcore drifter »

My nickname is very simple really. I love drift racing so I started with drifter. But I struggled for a catchy and interesting first part to my name, it had to reflect my personality as well as my love for drifting. After a few minutes I thought to myself, "Hardcore drifter sounds alright" and that has been a good choice in my opinion ever since. I also really love my avatar. It is a HKS sponsored s15 that I think competed in the D1 drift championships in Great Britain. The S15 has always been there, the benchmark for all drift cars and always fun to drive.

Thank you very much everyone!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I actually don't remember the origin of my nickname, but I've been using this same moniker for that last 5 years or so. It has nothing to do with anything I can think of that relates to me.

My avatar is the right headlight of the Carrera GT in Most Wanted. I took the screenshot and realized that that part looked really like an eye. So after a quick crop, my avatar came into existence.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Maybe your number is something like January 14 2003, or November 4th 2003? I dono...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Well... first, I was alanb17, my name, the initial of my surname, and the day of moth I was born. That was a bit common however, needed something "unique".

So, when holidaying in Europe one time... in Slovenia :D, I saw this place... (not the same image, but I saw a sign)

My surname's Bauman... I'm the only tool stupid enough to name himself after a hardware store (pun intended), hence the only 1. So yeah, some Europeans are probably thinking I like home improvement #-o I was like 12 when I came up with this, all my accounts are under this, not changing... Plus... it's like BAUman-to-the-maXX the First.

Well I used to have an M3 CSL... because I liked them.

Then part of my Zen WRX http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/32191
I can't find the avatar I used though.

Then I was doing quite well, and used my FR 180SX because like... that's the car where I made it. The Simplicity Clio did really well... tore the duels apart, high 9s rating, but yeah, broke the 100 barrier with my 180. http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/34580
It lasted a week due to poor execution, so I switched to...

and then this one when I got my license... the one where I can drive on my own.
featuring the side of King of the Strip: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/36690 which I though was intricate at that stage of ProStreet tuning.

Then... that avatar was indecipherable... so I went for something cleaner, and used the hoon stigma P-platers have associated with them featuring Granite http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/40289, because I found that angle alien-like
That stuck for a while.

Now... I went for something neat, tough, and got a GTR in... a few tags for my organisations here. and kept it fairly neat. However... the GTR makes it. I'll have one some day... probably once I've finished uni 8)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

baumaxx1 wrote:So, when holidaying in Europe one time... in Slovenia :D, I saw this place... (not the same image, but I saw a sign)
baumaxx is getting pwned by bauhaus these days...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol. Yeah, I saw that one too. But Bauhaus doesn't quite have the same ring to it, lol.
NoXcious KiD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NoXcious KiD »

The Nickname: my nickname almost has absolutely nothing to do with my real name :lol:

A part of my nickname came from my graffiti artist days (didn't last too much though). I wanted something nice for a nickname so i came up with NoX. NoX came from No One Xcept me (sounds kinda selfish i know but i like it). After that, the nickname evolved from NoX to NoXcious KiD (i know noxcious is spelled wrong, actually it's noxious but the C comes from my real name)

The avatar: Well, i love nVIDIA

The sig: I liked that S15. So i placed NoX on the hood. And it's driftin' =P~
Last edited by NoXcious KiD on 15 Nov 2008, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Whoops, I almost forgot. GT4 = Porsche 911 GT4! Put a racing wing, new rims, and turbo on a Carrera GT and just name it a Porsche 911 GT4.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i think my name is pretty self-explanatory. :mrgreen:

Oh and the avatar is liek 3 yeers old nd stuff. I liekd honda then wit spoons in dem cuz dey jaydeeem tyte y0.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I dont think your name is self-explanatory.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Why not? Maybe his real name is Donald Gladden.. Nothing wrong with that. :-k
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

Well, here's how I got my name, Evil Kid Weaselmush:

(No, it has nothing to do with Sr Evil Weasel. :P)

"Weaselmush" comes from an online game I used to play a long time ago, when I was a little kid. The name has stuck with me ever since, because I think it's sorta cool I guess. The game had a "name generator" thingy where you could combine several different words together to get your character's name... i.e., for your first name, there were a list of words/names to choose from. Then for your character's last name, you could combine 2 words together... the first part I chose was "Weasel", and then for part 2 I chose "mush", so my character's last name ended up being "Weaselmush". I think this name sounds quite interesting, so all these years I've sorta stayed with it. :lol:

As for the "Evil Kid" part... well, I'm evil, of course. :twisted: And I was much younger (13) when I made my account here, 2 years ago, that's where I got the "Kid". So I chose "Evil Kid" as sort of a title, and then "Weaselmush" as the actual name. :P

My avatar... well, to be honest, I don't even remember. I have had it for 2 years now. But I still think it's pretty cool, so I'm not gonna change it.

Well, here's how I got my name, Evil Kid Weaselmush:

(No, it has nothing to do with Sr Evil Weasel. :P)

"Weaselmush" comes from an online game I used to play a long time ago, when I was a little kid. The name has stuck with me ever since, because I think it's sorta cool I guess. The game had a "name generator" thingy where you could combine several different words together to get your character's name... i.e., for your first name, there were a list of words/names to choose from. Then for your character's last name, you could combine 2 words together... the first part I chose was "Weasel", and then for part 2 I chose "mush", so my character's last name ended up being "Weaselmush". I think this name sounds quite interesting, so all these years I've sorta stayed with it. :lol:

As for the "Evil Kid" part... well, I'm evil, of course. :twisted: And I was much younger (13) when I made my account here, 2 years ago, that's where I got the "Kid". So I chose "Evil Kid" as sort of a title, and then "Weaselmush" as the actual name. :P

My avatar... well, to be honest, I don't even remember. I have had it for 2 years now. But I still think it's pretty cool, so I'm not gonna change it.

My signature... well, my sig is showing a 350Z that I made with UG1 a while ago. It's one of my favorite cars I've ever done before, so I chose to put a pic of it in my signature. :)
Last edited by Evil Kid Weaselmush on 16 Nov 2008, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”