drag and tuning tips

Dragster hangout for all drag related discussions, including top times, best setups...
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: drag and tuning tips

Post by Tsarg »

vellu wrote:All sound advice, but the key is to have "only" stage 2 suspension. Stage 3/4 will wheelie with high hp no matter how you set it up.
Well this sounds promising. I will try it tonight as soon as i get back from the office. I sure hope that i can avoid those damn wheelies that are making my times suck on each race.

Thanks Vellu.
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Dark_Ride
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dark_Ride »

Some folk say that smoking herb is a Crime

For wheelees I used a Charger R/T with all tier 3 parts and it did 402mts wheelees. What happens on a wheelie is that the weight of the car shiznit to the rear because of the accelerationi you want to avoid the wheelie you should try softer rear suspension... Or you could use an AWD car... I never tried the suspension seting in the game...
Anyway if your car has high Torque (thats what causes the wheelie)is hard to avoid, and the wheelie happenson the lower shifts because the gear ratios transfer more torque to the wheels...
I can give you two advises: First: try not to loose the wheelie, if you are loosing it hit the nitrous!! of ad more power to the car. Second: experiment with the gears setting and the suspension, go to practice on a track you will lear much better by yourself

Sorry for my poor english because me expreso mejor en castellano
It doesnt mather how you stand by your car Its how you race your car you better learn that
sfred96
Stock
Stock

Post by sfred96 »

I am running a supra and have managed 1042 ft wheelee... all stage 3 ...no special settings
Dark_Ride
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dark_Ride »

Im using an 240 SX for drag now. In stage one Its hitting about 9.60 seconds and its only 170 bhp. At the begining i used short shifts and get times about 10s, now i use longer shift (anmost max) with a little shortened final gear ratio. It even does a very little wheelie atthe begining...
The best car for Drag are definetly RWDs because in acceleration the weight of the car shifts to te rear, and thus you loose traction inthe front wheels (wich hurts AWD and FWD) thats why EVos are not that great in Drag, also AWD is heavier, and in drag weight is very important !!!
If anyone needs a good drag car I suggets to try the nissan 240SX i didnt use it in tier 3 though...

TUNNING TIPS:
SUSPENSION: Tyres hig grip in the rear low grip in the front
Hard suspension in the rear soft in the front
(there are two setting whose name I dont remember in English one of wich reduces grip and increntases speed and acceleration MAX it, the other decretases Cornering and increntases hish speed stability MAX)
ENGINE: Camshaft: increntase it a little 75% to the High revs
Max turbo power (initial and final)
The nitrous pressure should allow you to shift gears well enought it deppends on the car....
TRANSMISSION:
I suggest longer gears...
BRAKES: who needs them??
It doesnt mather how you stand by your car Its how you race your car you better learn that
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

prostreet is so unrealistic...

if you had max turbo boost, ther'd be such a lond pause that the race would of ended by the time it made any difference...

anyway, to beat the drag king, all you need is 570+hp, RWD, cam timing to advance, and stage 3!!!
oh snap
SRacerRyan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SRacerRyan »

And keeping the aerodynamics part unchanged(using stock parts)will also help to do longer distance wheelies(I tried this on my Hemi'Cuda)

Return to “The Dragstrip”