EA pitching a Need for Speed movie

The news visible on the main page
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

EA pitching a Need for Speed movie

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

According to several sources, EA has teamed up with with writer-producer John Gatins (Real Steel) to develop a motion picture based upon the Need for Speed racing franchise.

While no further information has been released in regards to the film itself, one could assume that it may have a relation to the latest installment in the series, The Run, which attempted to provide a more story orientated experience.

You can read more at gaming website ign.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: EA pitching a Need for Speed movie

Post by datass »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *keeps like this for 3 more years*
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

*insert cow milking picture here*
ROISMOKE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ROISMOKE »

I was wondering when they will start doing this, I had this idea since NFS Carbon, but still, there will be much waiting, just hope it will be better than F&F
LilSpikeyWikey
Stock
Stock

Post by LilSpikeyWikey »

I hope EA doesn't mess up the new movie for NFS. Does fast and furious ring any bells? :<
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Look I wouldn't have high hopes for this at all, as YaelDjiel said its more franchising milking for cash than anything from my view. At best it could be a lot like the later FnF's. Would rather they just focused completely on making the next game in the franchise a polished and fun one.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I can't imagine a good NFS movie, honestly. Especially when I think about Undercover with the "real actors thing" and The Run with all those "great" scenes using Frostibte 2.0 to achieve "super realism". :lol: They fail so much in creating a proper story for a game, that a movie would just be a waste of resources.

Fast and Furious is much better than any NFS-movie can be, I have seen them all and the last one is my second favourite (the first being the better FnF). The 4th wasn't really good, too much special effects, but Fast Five was off the hook! NFS can't beat that. Not with EA as scriptwriters, that's for sure.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^And if You ask Me... I'm looking forward to watch a NFS Movie - it will be thrilling and not boring! :D
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

forgive me if i'm wrong, but hasn't this idea been tossed around at EA for like 5 years now? i have definitely read about it before, and not recently either. it is a TERRIBLE attempt to make money and hopefully will be as much of a financial failure as the 3rd FnF (personally my favourite is 2F2F, but the 1st and 5th are ok too), because it will, without a doubt, be a very bad movie. but nothing unexpected there eh?
i have nothing more to add
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

hmmm heres an idea, go back to making racing games. Too many distractions with nfs *sigh*
Instagram @SupraHKS
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

TRANSFORMER wrote:^And if You ask Me... I'm looking forward to watch a NFS Movie - it will be thrilling and not boring! :D
you obviously never heard of John Gatins before.
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Yeah explain what's wrong with Him?!? I mean I saw the Real Steel Movie and it was cool...

In the End it's @ll about the Budget, what will make a good Movie and Story! Let's watch it!
datass wrote:
TRANSFORMER wrote:^And if You ask Me... I'm looking forward to watch a NFS Movie - it will be thrilling and not boring! :D
you obviously never heard of John Gatins before.
And You've heard about Trip Hawkins before?! :roll:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

TRANSFORMER wrote:In the End it's @ll about the Budget, what will make a good Movie and Story! Let's watch it!
The budget is not everything, far from it. There are great movies made using small budgets, and movies which had massive budgets but were a flop... so money is not everything. :)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^That is also true, but if You have a huge Budget, You can also do a better Movie! :)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The budget could improve the action side of things, but the actual quality of the narrative would be the major cause for concern. Not to mention the poor history of video game --> movie adaptations.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Hydro_PT wrote:
TRANSFORMER wrote:In the End it's @ll about the Budget, what will make a good Movie and Story! Let's watch it!
The budget is not everything, far from it. There are great movies made using small budgets, and movies which had massive budgets but were a flop... so money is not everything. :)
just take a look at Napoleon Dynamite, low budget, good movie
Instagram @SupraHKS
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

Hydro_PT wrote:
precisely. avatar is probably the movie with the biggest budget of all time (for now), and while it wasn't terrible, it was definitely below-average. and that is just the tip of the iceberg. the number of movies i've seen with small budgets that were amazing is well over 50-60
i have nothing more to add

Return to “News”