Most Wanted 2 in the pipeline?

The news visible on the main page
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted 2 in the pipeline?

Post by Hydro_PT »

It looks like the sequel to one of the most appraised Need For Speed games ever, Most Wanted, is about to see a sequel being released in 2012. South African retailer BT Games, which got famous by revealing Jak and Daxter HD Collection before the official announcement, has done it again by revealing Dead Space 3 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2. The news spread like wildfire, and since then both these titles have been pulled off the website.

For those who don't remember, Need For Speed: Most Wanted was launched in 2005. After Underground 1 and 2, cops were back in NFS, along with free roam, tuning, illegal street racing and also exotic machines such as the Porsche Carrera GT, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, and the Lamborghini Gallardo, just to name a few. The story took place in Rockport (which is now part of NFS: World). From Most Wanted also came the most popular car of the entire series: the BMW M3 E46 GTR.

Official confirmation on both Dead Space 3 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2 is not out as of yet, but let's hope BT Games is right again. According to various sources, Criterion Games is developing another entry in the NFS franchise to be released this fall. On 23rd January 2012, Criterion's creative director, Craig Sullivan, said on Twitter that their studio has "lots to share over the coming months". Sullivan didn't provide any further details, except to say the upcoming announcement is "going to be BIG". If all of this is true, we can probably expect an official announcement at E3 2012 in June. Hot Pursuit 2010 was also announced at E3 2010.

Fingers crossed for Most Wanted 2!
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Most Wanted 2 in the pipeline?

Post by Strafer »

Hell yeah. =D>
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Not getting my hopes up, but sounds promising...let's hope they do the original justice.

Makes sense though, community demand (as well as UG2) plus the success of World, not to mention the decline in the series, it seems like a logical and popular move to make. Let's hope it isn't Undercover, and that it's true to, and expands on, MW(1).

Will be interesting to see what they do with it. It obviously appears they're finally opening their ears to community feedback in this regard, and if that's the case they might be planning to incorporate UG1/2 elements into it (considering that's had equal pleading from NFS fans).
kostovmilica9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kostovmilica9 »

Hmmm I'm not a fan of newest need for speed series and I can't hope too much for this one either. I know, mostwanted 1 has a great story in career mode but also a minimalistic, terrible customization. Are you kidding me, just one vinyl layer without any transformation? :/ And there weren't too much colours. Most of widekits aren't that good, more ricey kind of. So yeah, they should better try mixing up prostreet vinyl and ug2 bodyparts' system for real. Also longer story with bigger blacklist. :wink:

Cheers.
Metallicamilo
Stock
Stock

Post by Metallicamilo »

i hope they add a lot of tunning, and a great-long story. that's all we want. MW2 FTW
DFS_Drifter
Stock
Stock

Post by DFS_Drifter »

Holy cr*p , next NFS , will be Most Wanted 2 ? I hope EA will not ruin it .
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

so my steam friend wasn't bulls*itting... well that's umm, good actually
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

kostovmilica9 wrote:Hmmm I'm not a fan of newest need for speed series and I can't hope too much for this one either. I know, mostwanted 1 has a great story in career mode but also a minimalistic, terrible customization. Are you kidding me, just one vinyl layer without any transformation? :/ And there weren't too much colours. Most of widekits aren't that good, more ricey kind of. So yeah, they should better try mixing up prostreet vinyl and ug2 bodyparts' system for real. Also longer story with bigger blacklist. :wink:
Cheers.
The thing is that MW was never meant to be another Underground, they wanted to focus in their story elements and gameplay instead of the body parts and vynils thing.

Now, if you ask me what I think, I'll be very sceptical to this, NFS The Run was a huge dissapointment (again) but considering it was from BlackBox, was not that impressed. HOWEVER, knowing Criterion and their NFS HP remake, I'm totally hopeful it will turn out to be a good thing, especially with a game that was very well received in the past (MW).

Now all what we need is a trailer/gameplay footage but I guess it is going to be revealed in the following 2 months at the E3.

Praying to be a non-the run /non-undercover thing, they really need to handle the franchise to Criterion, they have fresh ideas instead of the clichés used by BlackBox [-o<
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

kostovmilica9 wrote:Hmmm I'm not a fan of newest need for speed series and I can't hope too much for this one either. I know, mostwanted 1 has a great story in career mode but also a minimalistic, terrible customization. Are you kidding me, just one vinyl layer without any transformation? :/ And there weren't too much colours. Most of widekits aren't that good, more ricey kind of. So yeah, they should better try mixing up prostreet vinyl and ug2 bodyparts' system for real. Also longer story with bigger blacklist. :wink:

Cheers.
you're complaining about little details in a game that is 7 years old. it's likely they'll have fixed that, don't you think? especially with the fact that prostreet and world are newer. it's likely they know damn well they should include customisation to please fans.

i'm guessing the criterion game is another burnout. if NFS is going the arcade direction again with MW2, i can't see EA clogging the market with another update to Hot Pursuit. and anyways, the 2010 HP was basically Burnout but with licensed cars and police
i have nothing more to add
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Thumbs Up !! =D> :wink:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
manishkum44
Stock
Stock

Post by manishkum44 »

anybody got trailer of it
if i am not wrong i have read from nfs fan site that ea will be converting nfs mostwanted for playing on ps3 and x box 360 and it will be cost 9.9 $
:( i hope i am wrong and ea will be creating nfs most wanted 2 :mrgreen:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

manishkum44 wrote:anybody got trailer of it
if i am not wrong i have read from nfs fan site that ea will be converting nfs mostwanted for playing on ps3 and x box 360 and it will be cost 9.9 $
:( i hope i am wrong and ea will be creating nfs most wanted 2 :mrgreen:
This is a rumour. Nobody knows if Most Wanted 2 is indeed in production. And the likely of EA converting a 7 year old game to the PS3 and Xbox 360 is very, very low. I would say non-existent.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

I just have one problem here. Why would they call it mw2? Wasn't that carbon already? And even undercover could be considered mw2. they might be planning a reboot rather than a sequel maybe. I'm excited about this. Btw the roumour mill just spewed out a release date - "summer 2012"...gamespot forums

criterion has never done a racing game with any story elements what so ever. It would be interesting to see what they do with the new nfs given that they make It in the first place. I'm pretty sure they will make a good game.
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

Metallicamilo wrote:i hope they add a lot of tunning, and a great-long story. that's all we want. MW2 FTW
that's what you want. story and racing games don't mix, and tunning apeared in NFS at the same time the downfall did...
UndercoverGTR
Stock
Stock

Post by UndercoverGTR »

I just hope that the developer they choose doesn't mess the game up; the physics of The Run were less than acceptable in my opinion :/ I would definitely choose physics over graphics.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

the run was less than acceptable in general, tbh i'd take undercover over it anytime.

criterion is working on a new nfs, maybe it's this one?
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SonicTH228 »

O_o

Didn't see this coming, though I'd definitely take it.

>_>

Undercover is still the worst NFS to date.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

NFSU3 with Shift physics.. that's still what I want :D
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

newsflash: nfs isn't a simulator series. try gt or forza if you want realism.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

datass wrote:newsflash: nfs isn't a simulator series. try gt or forza if you want realism.
news flash - that's exactly what the shift series is all about
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

datass wrote:newsflash: nfs isn't a simulator series. try gt or forza if you want realism.
News flash: try Race 07 / rFactor / rFactor 2 / iRacing / GTR if you want proper racing simulators and realism. :D

You can probably include Project CARS in this list in the near future, along with Netkar Pro/Assetto Corsa.
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

idc how realistic YOU think they are, the cars are insanely difficult to drive, that's realistic enough for me.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Difficulty =/= realism.

I could argue about this, but it will be useless, of course. :D A lot of people don't understand what is a racing car and how it works, so for them, if it is hard to drive, it is realistic and therefore it is a simulator. If not, then it is not realistic and it is not a simulator. :lol: I wish people would stop thinking that Forza and GT are driving simulators, but I guess that won't happen. :? Lack of knowledge, what else...

PS: Maybe you can't drive them? That's how I interpret "insanely difficult to drive". :lol:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

What's all this about simulators?
I only said I wanted U3 with Shift physics... nowhere did I say this was a simulator or that I wanted it to be one.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^April isn't over People! :D :D :D

Return to “News”