NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Stupidest thing I've done in a car --> I started the engine :D
KENSHIN_HIMURA
Ricer
Ricer

what

Post by KENSHIN_HIMURA »

the stupidest thing i ever done was when i was just learning how to drive and i was reversing the car out the front gate and i accelerated too much and ended up over in the headges on the other side of the street.
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

^Sparco^: Your "grandmother" totaled my car. It woll cost $1.200 US to fix it and it is worth ~$800. Now I have to find a new car with only $800 to start with. Her car only got scratches. I have a pic of the damage and will post it soon.

Edit: Got it. Also, good news. The insurance adjuster came by and said that I had kept the car in such good condition that it was worth it to get it fixed. They are sending the check. Hooray for me and sorry for being mad at "grandma."
Attachments
Mar17^07.JPG
gunner
Ricer
Ricer

speed

Post by gunner »

i was on the highway with my mx-3 i will gve the site adress in another post. i was speeding on the highway and the speed limit was 100km/h and i passed a cop at about 125 mph and was chased down the highway. they finally just left or i lost them and then never heard from them agiain. the stupid thing about this is i knew the cop was infrount of me and i just kept going and swerved around him.
Sky
Stock
Stock

Post by Sky »

Ok this isn't me but my dad (since there are sooo many dad stories here!). First of all i dunno if any of you ever seen the English comedy show called Mr.Bean..... by Rowan Atkinson........ cmon who hasnt?? :P Anyways everytime we see the show my dad recalls this story: Once he was riding in his friend's Mini Coup, EXACTLY the one Mr.Bean drives. He says there were 8 people crammed in it, including the driver. EIGHT PEOPLE in that car, holy shiznit, the stupid meter is just going nuts abou tnow :lol: anyways the guy turned too fast on a corner and the thing flipped.. and rolled.. and rolled..... fortunately no one was seriously injured, but some guy had his arm out the window because it was so crammed, and broke his arm :!:

Heres another one, kinda gross so if you're a lady or a sensitive guy then scroll past it really fast :!:

My dad was a bus driver b4 he retired, so he told me one time some guy had his hand out the window a bit too far, the bus was goin really fast and goes past this pole, snaps the guy's hand off! :!: :!: :!: Moral: never put your hand out the window unless you're stationary and there's no robbers around!
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

Ow................................
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

I work for the government and you're all under arrest for breaking the law

LOL
Gigiani14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gigiani14 »

ViperGT wrote:I work for the government and you're all under arrest for breaking the law

LOL
hahahahaha... very funny :roll:
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

Yeah I know real funny HAHAHA
StoneNewt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneNewt »

My Punto was suffering from a slow puncture & I completely forgot to check the pressure before leaving work, now at the end of the village bypass there’s a 180 corner to let people come on/off the bypass I used to just dip the clutch and turn in at 60mph which would scrub off the excess speed. This time as I chucked it onto the corner the rear just broke away, I ended up doing a 540 into a field.
M1Tanker
Stock
Stock

Post by M1Tanker »

Kinda late posting but since I have been in Iraq for the last year, it should be ok.

Well, worst thing I have done in a car? As a firefighter, I see tons of it. Back in my younger years when it was cool to have hot pink on your car, we used to race up a small highway in Florida that ran adjacent to I-75. I was running a 1989 Mustang GT with a Paxton SC. My roomate was running a cougar. We both started out average, then I got tired of him playing hide n seek with my mirror so I dropped to 3rd and punched it.
The stang squatted and took off faster than I had wanted it, the left front wheel came up and a few seconds later I was upside down in a ditch with a fresh convertable. Thank God I wasn't hurt, but the experience open my eyes up. I only race on the PC now. I got 2 kids and can't afford for them to grow up with no father.

That has to be the worst I have done in a car. Now ask me about a fire truck LOL.

No lecture, just be smart. I had to hear it from my father as well and thought it was all crud. Now I see it daily and it makes alot more sense. I know most of you will drive nuts and do crazy stuff. Lord knows I did. Just be smart about it and have some friends with you that can help or call 911.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

It's not my stupidest thing put my sisters, She forgot the clutch while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear :D
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

You can shift without the clutch. My dad does it. In this case, though, I presume she tried to shift normally and ground the gears horrifically.

The other day, I tried to start moving on a hill in second gear. The car died halfway into the lane. This was before we took the engine apart over the weekend.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

In a lot of racing cars it is normal to shift up without using the clutch (but you still need to use it when shifting down).

In this case, it doesn't matter if you do just once or twice, you won't really damage the gearbox.
chimpzrl wrote:ground the gears horrifically
It's impossible to grind the GEARS in a gearbox. The only thing you can grind are the dog teeth :wink:
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

That's what I meant. I know that, but where I live, they refer to it as grinding the GEARS, even if they mean the TEETH. Thanks anyway. (stupid american brainwashing)
beeffie411
Stock
Stock

Interesting

Post by beeffie411 »

PSZeTa wrote:I've done nothing bad in a car, but If I would be a cop..

Then the worst thing I did was to flash speeding cars. :lol:

similar to what u 2 were discussing, I too did something bad to my dads truck.while i was on the highway, I had my hand out of the window. The caused my middle finger to come up and the driver behind was insuluted. so he drives up, rolls down the window, takes out his cane(he was old aged) and pops a hole in our back tire. The worst ting about it was, it was a rental. i fell bad, but it was halareous. :roll:
Chuck0408
Ricer
Ricer

my kona

Post by Chuck0408 »

well one night I had three hot girls in the back of my car and then they urged me to speed and then I went 100 km/h, about 62mph over a hill in my focus. not a good IDEA!!! had to get new shocks and struts for my car. Alos got new wheels and tires the next week. Here it is. ps. I didn't know hill was going down the other side.
Attachments
my kona.jpg
P1000279.jpg
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Didn't you already post those pics? :|
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

Stupidest thing I did was yesterday :(

Was 17 two days ago.... got my provisional.... Yesterday, insurance came through,

Took it for a spin. I have a heavy foot. Too much gas as I was going down a 30mph road which lead to a tunnel. around 50mph I think. Broke early but stilll didn't manage to stop. The traffic light was red on my end.

I went into the tunnel and crashed head on at about 20-30mph...

:(
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

That was the Civic, right? What model was it?
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

1995. M reg. :(
Ray-Ray
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ray-Ray »

we launch shopping carts off my freinds car in the local kmart, just wanted to see what it was like, it's pretty funny, but kinda stupid
Focer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Focer »

:oops: Me and my friend were driving down the nhood. It was winter, so he decided to have fun with an E-brake ,and to make the long story short, we bumped into someones mail box. My firend's Z24 had a cracked bumper and a dent in the fender, but the story is not over yet. His dad wanted to know what happened, so he told him that while heating up the car he forgot that he was on Drive, so he pushed the pedal and bumed into somethink (I don't know what he told his dad). Somehow his dad believed it and he got away :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Heh, nice. I'm only 15, so I've been in like parking lots and dirt roads. When I first started learning to drive a stick (before I even learned to drive an auto :wink:) I had had the worst time trying to take off in my Dad's old 325i. I kept either killing the car or peeling out like crazy. :oops: --> :lol: I was out on a dirt road in my dad' Prtoge (nice car :wink:) and I popped the clutch at like 6,000 RPM. :lol: Dust, all inside the car because the windows were open.
Focer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Focer »

:shock: Damn, I'd like to see your dad's reaction to what you did to that poor Protege.

Return to “The Cars”