SR3 suggestions

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

hmmm.... there are rumors that mw will have about 100 cars, so i think lowering the maxium limit from 25 to lets say 20, is not a good idea
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

we should get rid of the NFSU cars to make room for MW because nobody comments or rates the cars at all anymore and maybe cut back in NFSU2 cars from 25, to, 20 or 15.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

how about we have votes, except not have ranks. how about just a current rating, like the guest voting ,........
nah, no voting. i h8 ppl downvoting. upvoting, is bad, but makes u feel better?
but how about just reputation and challenges.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Another idea: each car get reputation from the won duels, (points are added to the car, not to the user). Points are earned from the number of favorites aswell.

The member's reputation is the average of his cars rep. Now add more points because of a good behaviour in the site like fair rating, etc.
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 27 Jul 2005, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I definatly agree with sparco in having some sort of reward (i.e. rep points) for fair voting....
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah well... that could be an extra hehe.

I forgot to say: I think the best cars should be ranked by reputation instead of by direct ratings
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

yep^ definetly...
y didnt i think o that?
this will b gr8!
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Heres another idea: Have a button that allows the reporting of edited cars, copied cars ext. When you select, a text box appears allowing the user to explain why, when its done, its sent to a showroom mod to review the car further and decide on deletion. If a user repeatedly reports cars that are not edited, then he can be punished somehow, cause l know some people would abuse it
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Wow, great idea, why didn't I think of that? :shock:
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Heres another idea, although it may seem a bit strange: Set up a mod rotation, so at least one moderator is on at a time, that way we know at least some things will be under authority or some cars will be uploaded. Plus, l was wondering if it were possible to let members see if a mod is actually on, because l am positive l spend more time on this site then others do.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

if you got to the forum index, there is a "who's online" section.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

to bad we couldnt have team challenges. you know, if everyone had a team. that would be neat! and by the way, im starting a NFSMW team. yeah its sort of early but oh well. the team name: The Most Wanted. Go figure! 6 members total.

Check to see if im in your area! hehe
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Pinecone wrote:Heres another idea, although it may seem a bit strange: Set up a mod rotation, so at least one moderator is on at a time, that way we know at least some things will be under authority or some cars will be uploaded. Plus, l was wondering if it were possible to let members see if a mod is actually on, because l am positive l spend more time on this site then others do.
You can always PM them without the need of seeing them online.... Just go to the Usergroups and choose "NFSUnlimited.net Staff". ;)
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

Well i gave an idea to the admins...most of them if not all liked it so its up to bojan now to see if it is effective...i didnt go though all this forum about the SR3 so i dont really know what you guys said in those 4 pages...my idea was posted in the admin section by morty so we cant read the comments there...but if admins want me to post the idea here as well no prob..all i can say...duels,rankings,and challenges will still be on...but except the downvoting,upvoting,multiple account,spamming thing .So things will be fair and honest.
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

Ok i talked with superracer and he told me to post the idea here the whole idea of it...well it goes like this...i believe that no user votes fairly and honest on cars...because i read ridiculous comments...we all know there are "friends" and "team mates" who always put a nice word for someone...also we know that some users vote according to author,or according to ranking of the car. Well my idea was firstly passed on Morty who liked it,then to GT, then to super racer and the final call is on bojan. The idea is this: There would be 10 elite users or even more if admins want to who will be allowed to vote the duels because we all know whats going on in duel votes...so duels will be fair. Those 10 elite users would also vote on cars and there would be guest rating ,user rating, and elite rating system. Now you wonder who those 10 or more users are? Those must be 10 users that are known to this site by users and also by admins, who have lots of votes but also good average voting system, users that vote fairly and honest and not according to friends and team mates, and also tuner who have good taste in cars and understand what makes a car look good. I agree those 10 users will get sucked up and spammed...personaly i think if someone has these qualifications...sucking up wont passed on him and as for spamming..meaning asking him to vote cars or something that would be considered as breaking a rule..so the next step would be from admins to that user. Why this idea is effective? First ..there wont be downvoting or upvoting...cause those users will be mature and honest ones to rate ur cars both garage ones and duel ones so that leaves out multiple accounts,downvoting,upvoting and spamming. Those 10 elite users of course will have a lot of job and also they wont be able to participate in duels since they are the voters. But being an elite user means you are mature enough to handle it..and im sure rankings are not important to those users. If the idea gets accepted for SR3..im sure we can find those users easily. If there are any questions about this idea..all you have to do is ask ..thank you :)
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Great idea I love it.... Maybe it might be a good idea to keep these "elite" voters a secret so they don't get spammed.... :D
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

i like it
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

i like the overall concept. but im confused...only the ELITE users can vote cars? if so this doesnt seem very fair to users on this site.
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

@supra-man: no guys...the user ratings will still be there..so users will still vote on the cars they want...we just going to ADD an elite rating which will be defined only by those 10 users

@sir-ibi : it doesnt matter if people know who those elite users are...cause in case of spamming...that will lead to banning :P
any more questions are welcomed..i will check this forum regularly..and im glad you like it :)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i dont like the idea
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

why not? I think it'd be a good idea to discuss the pros and cons of all the ideas here, so we can come up with a good overall idea that makes everyone happy :P But what problems do you see with this idea, Fishwhiz
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

how about users can post comments and users and guest can vote, but instead of best user, best guest ranking, it would be best elite, and best public or something
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Sir Ibi wrote:why not? I think it'd be a good idea to discuss the pros and cons of all the ideas here, so we can come up with a good overall idea that makes everyone happy :P But what problems do you see with this idea, Fishwhiz
just... dont!
i h8 it :!: too confusing and unfair. besides, its basicaly sr2, except 10 "special :roll: "
users. will we swich off special users every 1nce and a while so more ppl can have a chance?
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well in Petros' earlier post he mentioned that this "special" rating would be an addition to the user and guest voting. So everyone would still be able to vote, but these special votes will be more valuable as they are from people who vote fair.... but I do agree that it is a little too much...
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Petros »

there is no "special 10 or special 6"...a lot of good looking cars are sanked in the bottom in user rankings..you know why?cause people vote easily 6 or 7 on them just to push those great rides down...with the additional elite rating...at least all rides which are perfect rides according to those elite users...will never sanked down in the bottom,also for duels...how many times i ve seen a great car loosing to an average car?its because voters most time vote the name and not exactly the car...so in duels..the elite users will vote on them..so there wont be any chance of cheating in duels. I really cant see any down site of this idea, its a little complicated but not to the users cause the users dont have to do anything new...only those 10 elite users..all users have to do is to upload cars and duel like in sr2...is that complicated? I saw a comment in yodacks garage and out of curiosity i went in to check...and it sort of explains that his garage isnt really visited by people and his cars dont have even rankings some of them while other garages get a lot of visitors...for this i have only one thing to say, its not bad to check someone's garage write ur comments and ask him to check ur garage back , in order to have lots of visitors..it means you have to visit LOTS of garages...that will be solved again with the elite team since they all going to check cars everyday, dont think that their job will be just to vote duels and called them selves elite tuners...cause they will have lots of work and big responsibility towards users. Thanx again for comments on this. :)

Return to “The Showroom”