NFSMW Customization Video

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

i saw 2 audis a new one on the end but at the start one to that was going the other way and i have seen more cars but not an nissan skyline :cry:
Mint-Man
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mint-Man »

Stig, that's exactly my point - if a wide range of customization options was available before, why downsize it?

Any members of the showroom should hope that customization goes a step further because eventually, customization is what keeps people occupied for a year till the next title.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that games that incorporate personalization live longer. The people running this site probably make close to no profit, but the community created well over 12,000 cars - that's an astonishing figure if you consider the fact that your options in-game are very limited - yet people loved taking cars and personalizing them.
Hessian
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Hessian »

bodykits look just as ugly as in u2 :evil:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

NFS U2 lost my interest alot faster then U1 did for me... even with more customization...

for me replayability does the trick. not how much I can tune a car
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

the how much I can tune a car thing is useful for the nfsunlimited showroom :P
But yeah a good playability is the secret to enjoy a game.

I have one more thing to say: the fact that bumpers can't be installed separately is not a bad thing at all: That way people won't choose random bumpers which don't fit each other :lol: as I have seen in the SR.

From what I saw the vinyls look sexier

And once more time there is not custom paint (like it was in NFS3, NFS4 and NFS5) is it THAT difficult to implement? It should be easy...
Ceska666
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceska666 »

I don't know why, but i can't download that video, can someone give me another linky? thanks :wink:
User deactivated: User Deactivated by request
euronsu
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by euronsu »

I don't have a link, but go to IGN.com search for most wanted and go under xbox 360, there are a few videos including the one you couldn't watch. :wink:
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

I definately applaude EA for the creativity, but some of the wide bodykits are just so unrealistic to the point where it almost makes the game look a little gimmicky. But hey, it doesn't bother me all that much, because I ain't no ricer =)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

^Sparco^ wrote:the how much I can tune a car thing is useful for the nfsunlimited showroom :P
But yeah a good playability is the secret to enjoy a game.

I have one more thing to say: the fact that bumpers can't be installed separately is not a bad thing at all: That way people won't choose random bumpers which don't fit each other :lol: as I have seen in the SR.

From what I saw the vinyls look sexier

And once more time there is not custom paint (like it was in NFS3, NFS4 and NFS5) is it THAT difficult to implement? It should be easy...
I don't think gloss colors will be hard to make with a full color (16 or 32 bit) palet, but I think the metallic paint might be a problem.
Juiced had also a full metallic palet but then the NFS metallic looked really metallic (silver dots) and the juiced only looked more shiny

Parelessent paint could be solved just like in Juiced my using 2 colors of metallic.
str33trac3r89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by str33trac3r89 »

TheStig wrote:
Mint-Man wrote:Exactly. Somebody tell me why EA have a tendency to go backwards with the customization options?

NFSU1 had spoilers for hatchbacks which its successor didn't.
NFSU2 has seperated body kits which its successor won't have. To me it just seems like EA half-assed the game to release it as soon as possible...

I like the music as well, but I ride with Rap.
NFS MW isn't a TUNING game like underground is. it is a classic NFS game with police chases. and a option to tune your car.
It is NOT the most important thing in the game, in Underground it was all about tuning your car here it is cop chases, not tuning :wink:
yeh but the widebody kits still suck
str33trac3r89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by str33trac3r89 »

^Sparco^ wrote:Yes Stig is right. The tuning thing is an 'extra' you all should be happy. Something is better than nothing ;)

I personally like the widebodies, so having 6 different ones deserves a big w00t from me :P NFSU1 included 2 widebodies per car, NFSU2 included 4 and now MW includes 6!

I only hope they all are not as fugly as Armaggeddon in nfsu2... :roll:
Mantis and specially Vapor look awesome in most of cars.
dude the screenshot with the Viper sRT-10 with the bodykit looked so ugly! EA better not half ass this game and go 100%
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

BlueShadow wrote:For those who wondering what song is playing in that vid, its
Disturbed - Decadence
I know, I bought the CD this afternoon.
Mint-Man
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mint-Man »

Sparco, there are certain body kits in which some parts don't look good on a car... wouldn't you want to use the 'good' rear bumper of one kit and the 'better' front bumper of another?

My opinion is that customization makes for a bigger community, numbers speak for themselves - 12,000 cars.
No customization - 0 cars - maybe 3,000 people less registered to this site.
Less customization - 6,000 cars - maybe 1,500 people less.

Personally, I will settle for less in this case since there is simply no other platform that allows you to use cars as a canvas. Pity...
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I picked up the new Disturbed CD today as well :D, and about customization, to be honest, I think that it is awesome you can modify ever vehicle in the game as if it were a tuner car. I mean, come on! :evil:
Over half the cars in the game you can't modify worth a crap in real life.
I'm defintely looking forward to what a Porsche Cayman S can do with unique performance upgrades and a badass bodykit to go along with it. :twisted:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

BlueShadow wrote:For those who wondering what song is playing in that vid, its
Disturbed - Decadence
hey thanx man, i was looking for that :D

about the bodykits: i was looking forward to a larger collection of bodykits in the game, but its seems that it wont happen :(
but i guess thats made up by the so-far impressive collection of cars :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Ceska666 wrote:I don't know why, but i can't download that video, can someone give me another linky? thanks :wink:
Here's another link from IGN.com. Click on the one which has the title 'Customization' Hope it works this time, 'cos it does on my computer... :)
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

The whole point of my post was, there was good customization so y take it away? i mean why take out features which are good? the game main thing isnt tuning so you dont have to tune ur car? but why not include it anyway so the game is more big and replay value and more time to mess with it??

i dont get the way EA makes their games :roll: ... and i understand for exotics full bodykits but for tuners i would take the choose bumper thing over widebody anyday :roll:

i am happy though, its just that its a turndown for me since i love tuning...
Death Ranger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Death Ranger »

if ur already making only full body tuning, why the heck not make decent looking kits? can someone plz explain wtf ea is thinking about?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

that yellow car next to the lancer IS an audi a4. if you pauz the movie at the right point, youl see it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

OK 1 place to discuss the question WHAT car that yellow spot is, is PLENTY!

so if you want to keep on about what car it is go to the MW tread!

NOT HERE ALSO
3KED
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 3KED »

:x
They used the ugly Eclipse not the one from the other games :(
and there is a skyline in the video.

it's on the left side bout 1:02 a white one...
Rigga
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rigga »

I don't think it's only widebodykits, you can see a purple supra with a non-widebody kit, just normal bumpers, just forgot the names of them :P
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Spyder for the Supra, and I hope you can combine the vinyls, instead of sets, cause that would severly limit the already meager customization, lowering possible combos from millions to thousands

At least we will know the music tracks are decent ;)
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

Anybody notice, that you can put duel(dual?) exauts on the cars? I saw them on the STi, and Eclipse just to name two, I can't remember all of em. And also, the tuning isn't that bad but at least ALL the bodkits aren't wbk's I'd rather have a few regular kits (which I saw Spyder on a Supra and Lancer) than just wbk's all around
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Heck! Not only we can put dual exhausts, we can put side exhausts as well! 8)

Return to “News”