NFS Most Wanted! Please Help!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
zzmasta
Stock
Stock

NFS Most Wanted! Please Help!

Post by zzmasta »

I was playing this game fine. Just for purposes, here is what I have:

MSI NVidia Geforce 6600 Graphics Card (AGP 8x)
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
2.00 Ghz, 1024 RAM

Now, this game ran fine. Never crashed, didn't run bad unless I jacked up the graphics level to something insane. So I replaced my CD drive with a DVD/RW drive and as well installed a Windows Update. Since updating Windows and putting the new drive in, NFS Most Wanted does not load anymore.

It just goes TERRIBLY slow. It worked fine right before those 2 things, and now it won't run. I have tried reinstalling twice to different directories and it still won't budge. It's not teh settings because I didn't touch them, and if the game somehow changed them it's impossible for me to get to the options to change them (and also wouldn't it reset to default through reinstallation?).

This is very aggrivating and annoying since I paid for this game, I played it a lot (kept the save files) and now it won't work. Please, give me some kind of advice. The game will run, but it goes REALLY, REALLY slow.

Thanks a lot.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i have only 1 word: WTF!!!!????
dotnetbeast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dotnetbeast »

I've never heard of that before. Wish I had a solution for you.
ApAtHy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ApAtHy »

Maybe u should check your version of directx and make sure u have the latest drivers for your vid card. other then that i havent got a clue :S
zzmasta
Stock
Stock

Post by zzmasta »

I have the latest Directx (I had the installation error saying i needed Directx, but I re-downloaded it and installed it but then I figured out you have to change the compatibility option on the autorun.exe to Windows 2000 to fix that).

I also re-installed latest nvidia drivers as well as changed compatibilty options for the Speed.exe file and it still doesn't work. Looks like I gotta return this game :(
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well I play the game also over DVD but not RW. Anyway try to play game on your cd drive that you had before. Put them boath in comp and instal boath readers DVD/RW and CD drive. I have 3 drives DVD,CD/RW andDVD/RW and it run "normaly" (Bad gfx and low RAM)
One thing will sure solve the problem. Format your HD.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.

Return to “Help & Support”