toyota supra

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

toyota supra

Post by boogd@n »

hi im tinkhing to buy a supra in close future so i need some info about prices and where to find them i heard that the 4th generation was made from 1998 until 2002 so if someone knows one for sale or some info about prices pls help me :)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Production of the MKIV started in 1993. The US and UK stopped receiving Supras in 1998, but they were produced up until 2002 in Japan. There are two versions of the MKIV, the somewhat gutless N/A, and the 2JZ-GTE wielding Twin turbo.

Power output is roughly 326bhp, 315 lbs-ft torque. This equates to 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, a top speed of 169mph, and a quartermile of 13.6 seconds at 106mph. There are several version available, and there was a facelift in 1996, noticeable by the darker surround in the headlights, rather than the glass lamps of the previous models.

If youre looking for anything specific, feel free to ask.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Good car choice 8) I'd like to own an MKIV Supra aswell. But they're very expensive and the insurance isextremely high :?

I would suggest you look at some carbuying-websites from your country.
you can have a look on this international site:

http://www.autoscout24.com/
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

i m just looking for a car that i could find somewere in europe because in my country we dont have none is only a romanian guy who ones one but he s living in germany
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

i m not lookin for something especialy it has to be a mkiv for start and if i cuold find and buy one then i will start making some mods
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Well, when you do eventually find one in your area/price range, and are looking for modifications, PM me if you would like any advice.
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

The truth about the Supra:

:lol:

Sorry I had to :P

The price on Supras is so insane I would look into something else, like a TT 300ZX. A USED Supra with high miles usually goes for about 45K US dollars here. I don't know about Romanian currency, but that's a helluva lot to spend on a used car. That could buy and fund a 9 or even 8 second LS1 Camaro :lol: I'm biased but I just couldn't justify spending that much unless it's a midlife crisis car or something.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

In general the Supra is in europe also a expensive car so unless you get a right hand drive one from the UK (a japanese import) wich isn't really handy in the rest of europe (logically) you must be ready to pay ALOT.
and if from a other country you (as far as I know it goes for all european countries) you have to pay a remaining part of the tax wich is based on the original value when it was sold in your country and that also can be more then you want it to be.

then comes insurance etc.

In general it is not a cheap car to buy!
if you live in the UK like Grez you are lucky... in the rest of europe... you are basicly screwed.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Did somebody say 'mid-life crisis'? O_O
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Just about the 'roll' racing idea that stems from US drivers. The quickest 60ft time in this country, belongs to CRDs demo car - a Toyota Supra. ;)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Supra's are pretty cheap here too. I could import one, get extra features installed for ADR (Australian Design Regulations) compliance, and have it on the road for AU$20k easily. And that's if I go through an agent.

To buy one that has already been imported would be even cheaper.
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

does anybody nows something about engine and the therms of poluation in my country you cant import a car wich is older than 5 years or 9 years (or something like that ) but it has to have the EURO 3 poluation standards or something like that :(
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

It will have.
People in California have often imported them, in Cal there are some of the most stringent tests for emissions in the world. They are fairly reliable and good runners.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

The car will have to pass your equivalent of the ESVA test here. The cars imported from 5-9 years of age have to be almost unmodified, so that they pass the emissions. The Supras are quite clean in comparison to the Skylines, for example.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

You guys are so damn rich!

I occasionally see Supras crusing the street, they look so good standard.

Return to “The Cars”