Unofficial Halo Thread

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Unofficial Halo Thread

Post by donaldgladden »

Please since Halo dosent seem to have it's own thread and Gran turismo has all the threads i think good ol Halo deserves it's own thread. Post about Glitches tips tricks Multiplayer Gametags and or post links to your Gamertag's Halo 2 levels. :D
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Er... what?
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

gOOD OLE hALOpc, i'M IN A ACE CLAN CALLED aSSASSINS OF THE dAMNED... ADCLAN.AOWC.NET
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

If you can't even start a discussion, don't even bother to.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I think this thread she be brought to life, because is Halo freaking awesome and the sotry is insanely extensive and complicated. If you played Halo and had gone straight to Halo 2 without reading the books, you missed about 2/3 of the story. If you're too lazy to go out and buy them (which I suggest you do, they explain sooooooo much) you can check out the Halopedia. The Halopedia contains all the info about Halo, Halo 2, the books, the upcoming movie, multiplayer hints and tips, everything. But yeah if you've played either or both games, I realy, REALLY REALLLLLLY suggest you read all three books. It's a very interesting read and totally worth the time, they're hard to put down.

I heard Halo 2 was supposed to be coming out for PC on Windows Vista, which I don't doubt since Halo is a Microsoft product... But I can't wait, because I havn't played Halo 2. I don't have an XBox for 2 reasons. I'm too cheap and I would never play a FPS on a console. Damn controllers and analog sticks are too freaking hard to use.
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

HALO is awesome, one of the best games i've played :P

BUT....i was rather dissapointed with 2, it only took me 3 days to finish :|

I also have 2 of the books :P

And i can't wait for the film :D or Halo 3 :D
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

There's a glitch on 343 guilty spark. You can get on top of the cliffs in the level by jumping on the pelican before it takes off at the start. When it starts turning, you jump off to the cliff right of you if you face the back of teh pelican. Follow that cliff left, and you will see some stuped marines standing. I think this was a test on how they looked whn Microsoft was making the game. Go farther and you will see the entrance into the building. jump off the cliff there and face the entrance. You will see flynig assault rifles. :D And that's what was causing all the noise if you walked there. :) I used to have a video of weird Halo stuff somewhere.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Oh speaking of that level, I noticed the other day on my way over to the entrance that a few friendlies were showing up on my radar. Ii finally looked up fast enugh to see what it was before it got away and was amazed to see that it was a human flood...
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

read the books, loved em, but i dont like the game much. Maybe the movie will be better.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

never played the game before.. but your the only person that ive heard say the game isnt good.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

lol, never liked the game myself, sucked balls frankly... far too repetitive, oh look its the same corridor all over again :roll:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Halo is a very addictive game when played online
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sir Ibi wrote:lol, never liked the game myself, sucked balls frankly... far too repetitive, oh look its the same corridor all over again :roll:
I'm gussing you're talking about the Library. Ya, that level does get really repetative...
Speed818 wrote:gOOD OLE hALOpc, i'M IN A ACE CLAN CALLED aSSASSINS OF THE dAMNED... ADCLAN.AOWC.NET
Oh, well then you've proabably seen me online as ×HáZ×MáTx. What's your username?
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

I'm a cheap bastard and I play on halo trial. I usually hoax people into my games with names like !MODS! and then people come in, wondering twhere all the mods are... and then all it is because I hate playing on other people's games... if you play on halo trial, my name is spartan.dk. :lol:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:
Sir Ibi wrote:lol, never liked the game myself, sucked balls frankly... far too repetitive, oh look its the same corridor all over again :roll:
I'm gussing you're talking about the Library. Ya, that level does get really repetative...

Hmmm pretty much every single interior level in the game is repetitive. Don't get me wrong there was some nice touches - I do love the outdoor scenes which were very nice and not as repetitve as the interior scenes. Them little chipmunk dudes were pretty funky too :lol: ... and the best thing about them is they had them sticky grenades... so the weakest enemey had a really annoying weapon... the atmosphere of the game is nice, music, lighting and visuals... my main problem was the fact they reused those affects far too much. Overall Halo is nice little game for about 15 mins, but let down by its repetitivness and the fact that there's nothing really special that makes the game unique compared to many other FPS games out there.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

The Assault on the Control Room level was WAY too repetetive.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Yeah... all you were doing is going in little flashy rooms, and then big bridges, and then snow... and then a big room with a tank... and then more snow... and then more flashy rooms...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

There's a way to get over with Assault on the Control Room really fast, but I havn't been able to do it. There's a Shee you can knock off a platform using a sniper rifle and rocket launcher, then you can use it to just fly up to the pyramid structure and the Control Room from the near beginning of the level. *runs to Halopedia*

-EDIT-
Here we go.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Hey hey hey! I just downloaded the dedicated servers for both Halo and Halo CE. Both servers will normally be called !FUNFUNFUN! or something of the sort, so feel free to come check them out sometime!
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:There's a way to get over with Assault on the Control Room really fast, but I havn't been able to do it. There's a Shee you can knock off a platform using a sniper rifle and rocket launcher, then you can use it to just fly up to the pyramid structure and the Control Room from the near beginning of the level. *runs to Halopedia*

-EDIT-
Here we go.
I've done that before, but there's also an alternate route, but make sure you have full health. Once you cleared off all the hostiles on the bridge, you jump onto the left side of the bridge's edge, and when you see a very very narrow piece of... thing? Jump onto it, by then you will have lost about four health bars or something. now walk down the little narrow piece of building, and then make your way up the mountain of shiznit.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm guessing you're talking about the seemingly natural bridge in front of the pyramid structure. If, in fact, you are, there is an even easier way than that. There is a banshee on the bridge, just kill the Elite that goes to get it before he gets in. Now you can just fly to the control room and have a bad-ass weapon against all the Covenant you meet along the way (there shouldn't be too many).

Also, I'm running my dedicated servers from my dads house which I visit every weekends, so I have appropriately named the servers Weekend_Warriors-Dedicated_Server and Weekend_Warriors-Dedicated_Server(CE). Again, if you feel like playing some fun Halo, say shotguns no shields at Prisoner, stop on by. Now all I have to do is figure out how to run multiple servers from the same computer...
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I have a few friends that are Halo Fanatics.

On Halo 2, my friend knows how to do super jumps and wierd stuff... I havent played Halo2 in like 6 months...
HKS
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HKS »

For all u HALO fans (me included),heres a website i found most entertaining

http://halo.bungie.org :D

PS, tryed to make a url but the tags are not working.Just copy and paste it into the address bar :lol:

EDIT: It's not the tags that weren't working - you needed to include the http:// part of the address. -GT
Thanx for fixing it GT :D
Last edited by HKS on 02 Mar 2006, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Can u guys tell me Halo Requirements ?
Thnks
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Calibra, if you have a shiznit video card, you can't play at great graphic detail, but you have what it takes to play it. If I can play it at high details, so can you.

Return to “The Games”