Duel Suggestions

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Fishwhiz wrote:i dont get it. ive rwad it over in over. it looks cool, but i dontunderstand how it works.
You got 10 buttons, and you have to pick 1 of them.

In some duels, one of the cars is a lot better looking than the other one, but other times the difference is really little. With this system you would be able to rate how much cooler is one car compared to the other one.

If the difference is too big, click one of the extreme buttons. If the difference is smaller, click one of the center ones.

Hard to explain...
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Its like a blance or a scale with certain weights on each side. Each side is a car. The side which gets the most weight, gets the most rep or whatever it is.

There is my example.

korge
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i know what you mean. ok thanx.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

l hope we can get improved smileys by then, since half the comments in duels were: :arrow:
Erikjef_24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Erikjef_24 »

lol i know
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Pinecone wrote:l hope we can get improved smileys by then, since half the comments in duels were: :arrow:
Or no comments at all on the Duels :idea:
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Maybe a option for a pinkslip duel! loser walk home...
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

That's a horrible suggestion.

Plus, if we were to follow Sparco's idea, the amount the car wins by should be offset by the differential of zero. Meaning someone that wins by +2 should get less rep points then someone that wins by +90. Since all this is relative, the losing car shouldnt lose any points unless both participaters decide to have raise the stakes.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Catogory duels. Each car in classic can duel against eachother. and action can have duels, and wallpaper+artisctic can duel.. quite fair preswise..
And avoiding teamvoting, is quite hard.. but most people are in more then 1 team..
i dont really know something for that

Edit: Sparco has a great point there.
A big or small difference is quite necasserily..
those buttons shall own all :twisted: .

Also instead of user gets rep, the car that wins gains rep
A 2nd star bar tough.. Like

Shoroom Ranking
Duel Ranking

i hope you kinda get it.. :D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

I dont think the artisticvs wallpapers is a good idea. the wallpapers will win because the edited cars will win
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Thats also true, but both cars are presented, also most cars are in both artistic and wallpaper.
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

like my cobalt for instince
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

So when will we be able to throw an duel??
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SnoopyDawg »

an idea for the team up voting, when someone enters a duel, like when they challange another car(now i dont know much about internet programming, so this may sound odd)have some kind of program registar what teams they are in, so none of the people in that persons team can vote, or cant vote as much or sumthing like that, and when the other person accepts the duel, the same happens to him
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Pinecone wrote:That's a horrible suggestion.

Plus, if we were to follow Sparco's idea, the amount the car wins by should be offset by the differential of zero. Meaning someone that wins by +2 should get less rep points then someone that wins by +90. Since all this is relative, the losing car shouldnt lose any points unless both participaters decide to have raise the stakes.
to add on that, the amount you win in points can also be translated to your gain in rep :wink:

so if you win by 2 points you gain 2 points and win by 90 points your rep wil gain 90 also.

But the only think that is a downside it the potential that people will try to challenge people with a "bad" car not only to make sure they win but to make sure they get as much points as possible.

how to counter that is like said before to make sure/promote that people challenge people in same rank/class/style you name it.

ooh while I am at it, I came up with this. New/ low ranking people should be able to challenge high ranking people, and the other way around should be more difficult to prevent easy wins.
cause if the low ranking player looses it is his own mistake. and he can only blame himself for challenging a big one.

so I'm now offically drained of ideas so you have to do it with this from my side... :lol:
Firestran
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Firestran »

how about the cars have to got to moderator first before the duel can start so that the moderator can decide if the duel or battle (if you decide to have more than 2 cars) is fair or not so persons wouldn't battle a car that just doesn't cut it just to win. This may reduce the starting time for a battle but it should help to ensure a fair battle
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Idea is nice, but we "staff" are already busy enough with all other things, only option is to get special people for that
Firestran
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Firestran »

well you make a post where persons can sign up to do moderating and these would be persons who have time on there and of course. If that can't be done just allow persons who want to duel ( whether 2 or more persons) to agree allow the duel to start. Oh yeah there should be a max of 2-3 days for a duel and if it is a special duel, 4 days should be given
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

What do you guys think on duels with more cars?? on example 4 cars are on hmm... that would be a quatrel and not duel!! lol
And for idea of moderator alowes duel!! That cannot be person from nfs forum or person who isnt responsible enough! Coz his friends can contact him and he will alow duel no matter what! Am I right? And Mods lets start with that duels I hardly wait to chalange some cars!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Kid Cro wrote:And for idea of moderator alowes duel!! That cannot be person from nfs forum or person who isnt responsible enough!
I guess that sort of counts you in that small majority then...

You, like everyone else... can wait until Bojan wants to work on the duels, and finishes them
If you don't like it, too bad....
Last edited by The Gravedigger on 18 May 2006, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah me, you and most of the members! That person should be someone from outside!
But why are we talking about it when its never gonna hapen? They will not hire a new mod for that job!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Of course not.. there's already enough admins as-is and are not biased towards anyone, and could care less who's who
If you break the rules, you're going to be dealt with accordingly
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah that is right!
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

dammm im back in the showroom..and i just happen to stumble across this thread....showroom challenege 2 was all morelike popularity contest...all/most votes are biased...people dont even look at the car..they look at the name and they vote...

i think the category system would prevent ''fancy pres cars'' picking on ''originial cars'' that way its fair.

the only way to prevent team voting is by having someone watching over the duels, but as mentioned the mods are busy...so....a threat to that might help.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

dude this topic is old as you grandma!

Return to “The Showroom”