ps2 graphics

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

[quote="weedman173"]PS2's graphics do suck, but it really only shows with NFSMW, with all the lagging when yuo get tons of cops on your bumbum.

It is a bit laggy at times, but you have to remember that it's the OLDEST console that you can play NFSMW on. Xbox came out almost 3 years after, so you do have to expect some improvement. Hey does anyone actually have gamecube?
Anyway, Gran Turismo 4 and Final Fantasy still have the best graphics on any console, and there are no better games from their genres, and they are only available on PS2. It makes the creators of Project Gotham and Forza look lazy (The graphics look tooooo wet!) and any other Xbox RPG.

Anyway, PS2's graphics do not suck, as they can run new games. They are now on the same level as their rival consoles. There is really barely any difference in graphics, and lag is bound to occur on any console, (Midnight Club 3 on Xbox is laggier than on PS2).

Each current generation console (Xbox 360 and PS3 are next generation BTW.) has 128 bit graphics, so there is NO difference.

I'm probably repeating myself, but I am writing this in bits. I cant be bothered proof reading, but who proof reads messages?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Somebody better straighten this guy out before I do . . .
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

WTF are you talkink about man. GT4 had great graphics. but they are not the best, PGR3 has way better graphics. have you even actually played the game.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

baumaxx1 wrote:Xbox came out almost 3 years after, so you do have to expect some improvement.
Actually it's close to being half of that.
There was just a bit over 1,5 years between their releases.
lol wut
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

1 year! PS2 2000 Xbox 2001
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

baumaxx1 wrote:and lag is bound to occur on any console, (Midnight Club 3 on Xbox is laggier than on PS2).
What?!? Lag is unacceptable on ANY console. You are runnig a game that was adjusted to run on THAT system, not another, as you could expect in a PC, where you have different system performances. Consoles shouldn't lag a bit, and if they do, there is a serius lack in development or planning.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Well, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix lags, only b/c it was hastiliy made as a pseudo-sequel to combat Most Wanted. With the new, thin PS2 they made the graphics a bit better...
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

GINIX_2007 wrote:1 year! PS2 2000 Xbox 2001
Yeah if you look it like that but PS2 was released in march of 2000 and XBOX in the last few months of 2001.
lol wut
Stead
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Stead »

right for the idiot that says pc graphics are worse than consoles, well, obviously you haven't played it on the ps2.

i hate to be annoying, but anyone who thinks the ps2 is playable just is either in denial, or hasn't played it on another console.

i personally bought it on the pc, i used to have a 'budget' graphics card, an x800GT this card made the game look amazing, then i played it on the ps2 and i was so appualed by the attempt of the game (EA should really of not bothered) i couldn't play it, since a friend of mine has bought an xbox 360, which made my pc version look not as good, i've since had a better video card and and now the xbox 360 and pc ones are about equal in my book, however some things are better on the 360, some on the pc

oh another thing i love about the ps2 version is the ability to change camera views...oh..wait a minute :shock: the one i played on you can't...i assume all ps2 games are made the same?

what i do find annoying is that the xbox360 has more graphicical nifty ness, ie, it has more features, i feel the pc one could look as good but the pc one doen't seem to have real rain effect that the xbox360 has, nor does it have the indication of speed as air flowing from the car, if you could turn those options on on the pc i would say they would be equal.

hrmm and for that guy who says sony tv gives you better picture quality, the guy i know who has a xbox 360 has a sony tv, nfs looks not that great, text is unreadable, i however have a cheapy JVC tv, and it looks amazing, far sharper than any pc could do, even amazingly clear text which usally i find consoles don't have. also i noticed a lot of lag on the ps2 version...i really don't understand how people can play it on that, even people i know who have a ps2 who've tried it say theres no point in buying it because its so bad, and uh, to the other person who has quad sli, seriously, whats the point? sli works faster ... even according to nvidia, ati's crossfire is much faster, its just giving your credit card to a salesman, you just don't do it
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Stead wrote:oh another thing i love about the ps2 version is the ability to change camera views...oh..wait a minute :shock: the one i played on you can't...i assume all ps2 games are made the same?
Change camera views? You can do that on any console and PC.
Stead wrote:what i do find annoying is that the xbox360 has more graphicical nifty ness, ie, it has more features, i feel the pc one could look as good but the pc one doen't seem to have real rain effect that the xbox360 has, nor does it have the indication of speed as air flowing from the car, if you could turn those options on on the pc i would say they would be equal.
EA made a product for everyone to play. PC can be made more powerful than the 360 with loads of money, but not everyone is willing to do that. They can push the limits on the 360 because every 360 is the SAME!
Stead wrote:hrmm and for that guy who says sony tv gives you better picture quality, the guy i know who has a xbox 360 has a sony tv, nfs looks not that great, text is unreadable, i however have a cheapy JVC tv, and it looks amazing, far sharper than any pc could do, even amazingly clear text which usally i find consoles don't have.
That just didn't make sense. Do you realize how low the resolution of a TV is? And that dumbbumbum Sony tv is either halfdead or a budget model.
Stead wrote:to the other person who has quad sli, seriously, whats the point? sli works faster ... even according to nvidia, ati's crossfire is much faster, its just giving your credit card to a salesman, you just don't do it
ATi's Crossfire is not much faster, that depends on the card setup you use. The only thing ''great'' about Crossfire is the way it works. Except for the master + slave thing.

Plus, nobody buys Crossfire anyway. SLI is much more popular. Too complicated, crap drivers, hard to get.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Stead wrote:right for the idiot that says pc graphics are worse than consoles, well, obviously you haven't played it on the ps2.

i hate to be annoying, but anyone who thinks the ps2 is playable just is either in denial, or hasn't played it on another console.

i personally bought it on the pc, i used to have a 'budget' graphics card, an x800GT this card made the game look amazing, then i played it on the ps2 and i was so appualed by the attempt of the game (EA should really of not bothered) i couldn't play it, since a friend of mine has bought an xbox 360, which made my pc version look not as good, i've since had a better video card and and now the xbox 360 and pc ones are about equal in my book, however some things are better on the 360, some on the pc

oh another thing i love about the ps2 version is the ability to change camera views...oh..wait a minute :shock: the one i played on you can't...i assume all ps2 games are made the same?

what i do find annoying is that the xbox360 has more graphicical nifty ness, ie, it has more features, i feel the pc one could look as good but the pc one doen't seem to have real rain effect that the xbox360 has, nor does it have the indication of speed as air flowing from the car, if you could turn those options on on the pc i would say they would be equal.

hrmm and for that guy who says sony tv gives you better picture quality, the guy i know who has a xbox 360 has a sony tv, nfs looks not that great, text is unreadable, i however have a cheapy JVC tv, and it looks amazing, far sharper than any pc could do, even amazingly clear text which usally i find consoles don't have. also i noticed a lot of lag on the ps2 version...i really don't understand how people can play it on that, even people i know who have a ps2 who've tried it say theres no point in buying it because its so bad, and uh, to the other person who has quad sli, seriously, whats the point? sli works faster ... even according to nvidia, ati's crossfire is much faster, its just giving your credit card to a salesman, you just don't do it

Man, you are crazy if you think you can't play a game because of the bad graphics. There are many amazingly well done games on PS2. Gran Turismo 4, Burnout Revenge, and Most Wanted has decent graphics.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

[quote Man, you are crazy if you think you can't play a game because of the bad graphics. There are many amazingly well done games on PS2. Gran Turismo 4, Burnout Revenge, and Most Wanted has decent graphics.[/quote]

Yeah, i totally agree. PS2 is the grandfather of the bunch, but i've played both xbox and PS2 , and there basically the same.. obviously 360 and most PC will be better, but i dont know many 6 year old computers that could run Most Wanted without newer hardware etc.. ... Still... Most Wanted on PS2 is an extremely fun game.
Stead
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Stead »

i'm not saying all games look bad on the ps2, but no one who has played nfsmw on a xbox 360 or well anything else can say the ps2 one is visually appealing, i realise everyone who owns a ps2 will defend it till they die, but seriously, try it onanother console, and theres no way the normal xbox is the same as the ps2 either, just in denial

theres another thing i noticed between the pc and xbox 360, on the xbox u have the mirrow view in all views, on the pc you only have it on the bonnet view or camera strapped to the grill view!

me friend thought i was mad when i said the p2s one looked rubbish, but then he played it on a pc, and since bought an xbox360 and can't belive how bad the ps2 one is, i advise anyone who really wants to belive its good to never play the game on another system, and anyone who can accept that it isn't the best to try it, and complain to ea! burnout looks amazing on the ps2, pitty they didn't make the same effort with nfs :(
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Stop making long winded posts because you've no idea what you're talking about.

NFS Looks photorealistic on my computer (Not even cranked all the way), and I have a GeForce 6600 (normal) which frankly, isn't THAT great.

Hehe, I'm getting a GeForce 7800GS soon. :)
Stead
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Stead »

sorry!

btw i do have it on the PC and it looks amazing on the card i have, x800GT (also a budget card) theres just minor things i noticed that are different, I just get annoyed when people who have a ps2 say it looks as just as good, as clearly it doesn't!

its a great game, and one of the few i play often!

only one thing i really hate about nfsmw, is that the psp one has the cop chases and none of the others do :(
Lord J
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lord J »

yea I have the PS 2 version and I have to agree...along with hot pursuit 1 graphics the game has a habit of playing mucho choppy in certain areas and its really aggrevating...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I played NFSU2 on X-Box and the AA was terrible! :shock:
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

hmmm, ok first off, PC is way better than ps2, depending on your pc specs.
2. pc versions of video games will look great depending on what, and how much of what developers put into the pc version of the game.
3. PS2 SUCKS!!!, seriously, i couldn't stand watching 5 cops slamming into my bmw, running over poles, and fences, IN SLOWMO, the damn thing lags like as slow as my grandmother walks!....hehehe, no offense grandma, but you do walk slow as hell:lol:
3. xbox 360's graphics isn't all that great. it's good, but not great, a PC can oudo the 360 as long as it's a good hell of a pc.
4. Quad SLI......hmmm, last time i checked on alienware's site, that means you have 4 Nvidias on your system, correct?? :? damn, what a WASTE of money :lol: sorry, but seriously, what the hell would anyone need 4 GPUs for :roll: i bougt an area51 from them, got me a 3.6gz p4, 256mb 6800. 300 hard drive, and 4gb ram, and the game runs just great 1600x120032-bit with everything turned up.......and i don't even have sli configuration on my system :roll: but, i understand if ya had the money and felt like getting it, i know i would :D
&
5, yes it's a long post, but seriously, i know you don't feel like typing all this stuff to him right?, well, someone else felt like it :wink:
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Erm... A Quad SLi uses two GPU's.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

Toshiro wrote:Erm... A Quad SLi uses two GPU's.

Graphics x 4
Backed by the groundbreaking technology of Quad SLI, the Aurora ALX unleashes the power of four NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs within a single system for a truly breathtaking graphics experience. Quad SLI, which enables four graphics cards to work in tandem to form one image, lets you run your most demanding games at ultra-high resolutions up to 2560x1600 and at the smoothest frame rates possible. Quad SLI also enables shader and texture settings to be maximized to further scale back any previous limits on gaming.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Who cares.... the console is older than most computers.... You've got to remember you're talking about a console that 6 or so years ago was made

So just give it a break
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

true that, but i just wanted to vent a little. lol
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

SparcoPusher wrote:3. xbox 360's graphics isn't all that great. it's good, but not great, a PC can oudo the 360 as long as it's a good hell of a pc.
LMAO!

Sorry to interrupt you, but if I can maximize every setting with my 6800GT @ 1280x1024, it's not gonna look any better if I'm gonna run it on a 7900GTX. Max = max.
SparcoPusher wrote:Quad SLI......hmmm, last time i checked on alienware's site, that means you have 4 Nvidias on your system, correct?? :? damn, what a WASTE of money :lol: sorry, but seriously, what the hell would anyone need 4 GPUs for :roll: i bougt an area51 from them, got me a 3.6gz p4, 256mb 6800. 300 hard drive, and 4gb ram, and the game runs just great 1600x120032-bit with everything turned up.......and i don't even have sli configuration on my system :roll: but, i understand if ya had the money and felt like getting it, i know i would :D
Stop pimping your Alienware because it isn't any good. Especially because it runs on a P4. Quad SLI is required to run extremely high resolutions.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

PSZeTa wrote:
SparcoPusher wrote:3. xbox 360's graphics isn't all that great. it's good, but not great, a PC can oudo the 360 as long as it's a good hell of a pc.
LMAO!

Sorry to interrupt you, but if I can maximize every setting with my 6800GT @ 1280x1024, it's not gonna look any better if I'm gonna run it on a 7900GTX. Max = max.
SparcoPusher wrote:Quad SLI......hmmm, last time i checked on alienware's site, that means you have 4 Nvidias on your system, correct?? :? damn, what a WASTE of money :lol: sorry, but seriously, what the hell would anyone need 4 GPUs for :roll: i bougt an area51 from them, got me a 3.6gz p4, 256mb 6800. 300 hard drive, and 4gb ram, and the game runs just great 1600x120032-bit with everything turned up.......and i don't even have sli configuration on my system :roll: but, i understand if ya had the money and felt like getting it, i know i would :D
Stop pimping your Alienware because it isn't any good. Especially because it runs on a P4. Quad SLI is required to run extremely high resolutions.

Lol @ pimpin' my alienware. that's not even what i'm doing, but if that's what you think because i post in most of the discussions, then that's you :?
2. any good pc can make MW look good, as long as they can get up to 1280 or higher, the only reason why mw on pc doesn't look as *good* on 360's is because they didn't put all the nifty good looking graphics into the pc version :wink: by the way, i know that no one really cares what my pc does, and the only reason why you're telling me that i am "pimpin" my alienware, is because all the boards that i have posted on so far, i have shown the specs of it :roll: like what alot of other folks have done. :!: :wink:
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

I thought this was a PS2 discussion, not computer discussion.

Return to “Most Wanted”