Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Wouldn't trust Sir Saeidi, I bet there wasn't a steering wheel used in the videos too.

And he hasn't showed up for a LONG LONG time already.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Yeah I would say he used a keyboard! The movements are too 'sudden'... maybe it's a crappy wheel ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

This game will definately move me from NFS games for a while, provided i can afford to either get an Xbox 360 or finish building my new PC so i can play TDU.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

o_0
this topic delivers

but really, this game looks amaizing I can't wait
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Oddball_E8 wrote:lots of good screens here... includingn one that wich has been shown on this thread before by a certain someone, claiming to be his own...

:roll:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving ... id=6152770[/url]
Which one? The link doesnt work.

Anyways the truth is something relative on the internet :lol: like the dude who said he was using a wheel LOLOLOL those videos are probably taken from the net as well :roll:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Old news lol.. Previous page.
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

I'm sure i'll get the game
EA must think now because TDU is doing what EA never did
EA must think if they wanna continue with NFS Series
TDU will take a lot of NFS fans and what will EA do ????
Nothing,Just copying other games.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

i dont know about that EA had made a lot on NFS Series in many years, that all will not disappear in one game [Test drive unlimited]. :wink:
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Atari made a lot of Test drive series in many years too
Need for speed Carbon or Test Drive Unlimited ??
;)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Can someone tell me whats the name of the first song played in the car's radio in that video, it was the intro music for Gran Turismo 2.

Edit: nevermind, i found it, its called "My Favourite Game" for The Cardigans.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Thanks , i loved that song and always wondered what it was called lol . I think this game sounds like a good idea but looking at the videos it seams abit flat compared to the recent NFS games. If NfS could impliment MMOR into it , It would totally pwn !
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I love that song:)
Oddball_E8
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Oddball_E8 »

bam_bam wrote:Thanks , i loved that song and always wondered what it was called lol . I think this game sounds like a good idea but looking at the videos it seams abit flat compared to the recent NFS games. If NfS could impliment MMOR into it , It would totally pwn !
well i guess "flat" is a bit of a taste question..
i assume you mean that you would miss the nos-effects and customizing of cars in that game?

theyre two completely different concepts really... nfs is (nowadays) a ricer game... where you get yourself a nice car and juice it up and give it a bit of styling....
TDU is an exotics game... where you race others who have exotic cars as well... you cannot (and are not supposed to) tune the cars and change the bodywork... these are masterpieces we are talking of after all :roll:
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

No i mean , On NFS I throw the car around and I really get into it but this test drive unlimited just seems like another boring racing sim . If I wanted a racing SI mi would atleast play a good one like grand prix 4 . It also seems that the game play is really slow from the screens that Ive seen .
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

NFS is a Full arcade racer with everything that makes a arcade game a .. arcade game.

TDU is still a arcade game but with abit more realism. so no Speedbreaker (useless Hollywood option) and auto refil nitro and it has a bit more challenging handling.

TDU is clearly aiming at the people who love to drive expensive cars (exotics and supercars) on open roads without the underground/ricer/ghetto culture. but with cops and traffic.
In other words the creators of TDU are aiming for the classic NFS fans who are pretty sick of the current road NFS is taking :wink:

But please BAM if you want to toy around with imports go play the current NFS games. but don't say this is a boring SIM.
If you don't like it.. don't post BS OK?.... ooh i know why you don't like it.. the car of all cars isn't in the game.... the EVO 8

ooh and NFS C won't OWN this game.. they are 2 completely diffirent game types. you can't compare them.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Stig dont tal kto me like im some kind of gaming n00b. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to games and I'm entitled to my opinion and should be aloud to disguss it without you jumping down my throat at every oppertunity , Whats your problem ? . The best racing sim ever made was Geof Crammonds Grand prix 4 and at the moment nothing comes close to it .I like the Evo yes , but Im not going to judge a game from it .

Stig just stop laying into me all the time I dont need this kind of bs . I'm always up for discussion but you dont need to be hostile about it .
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

My favourite arcade game is NFS MW till Carbon is out
My favourite sim racing is TRD3 and Evolution GT is very good through.
2 different games,As sim style TRD3 owns,at arcade NFS owns.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

For crap's sake this is a topic about Test Drive Unlimited. Why are you telling us that your favourite game is MW until Carbon comes out? And TRD3? Evolution GT? No-one cares.

Stick to the topic Calibra. You only have 2 warning points left. Bam Bam, you'd do well the heed the same advice.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Its called human conversation .
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Good luck if you're going to get beaten up after that comment. :P

Is the PC releasedate RLY scheduled after the 360 release? Argh.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

bam don't mess with pop...

damn just saw some vids and trailer of this game... this is the shiznit!!!
can't wait.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

bam_bam wrote:Its called human conversation .
Even though this is a NFS forum, any topic in the games, cars and offtopic section should not have anything to do with NFS.
The games section is about other games, every game EXEPT NFS.
This topic is about TDU. So you should talk about TDU and not telling that you think any other game OWNS or what ever offtopic crap.

very nice that you have a human conversation.
use MSN or PM for that.

You might be registered a while here but you are pretty new to the board, but you act like you own the place.

If any of the mods/admins say to quit the offtopic, you should quit it and not trying to argue with it on the topic.
If you have any problems with a decision of a staffmember contact the admin/mod in question. or if you don't want that a other staffmember (preferebly the one in you have a problem with) , and tell what is the problem and maybe there is a solution.

But we clearly stated that we are pretty damn tired of the constant offtopic double posting and spamming wich is currently going on here.

It is not personal to you but to all who are posting alot here.

In our opinion we give you guys alot of freedom, we do allow slight offtopic aslong as it goes back to topic pretty soon and as long as it is no complete 1 on 1 conversation wich is wandering offtopic.

All we ask is to keep the forum clean and easy for everyone.

now get back to topic. (any comment on this post or any other post made towards a comment by the staff will be removed! so don't)
The next post should be about TDU!!!!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Back on topic, i found some interesting news:
Atari announced today that the Xbox 360 edition of its upcoming next-generation racing game Test Drive Unlimited will retail for US$39.95, and it plans to release monthly car packs featuring six or more cars, complete with genre-specific radio stations, beginning six weeks after launch on Xbox Live Marketplace.
Awesome, i wish the same happens for the PC version, that would be a great addon.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Atari Announcement wrote:Atari announced today that the Xbox 360 edition of its upcoming next-generation racing game Test Drive Unlimited will retail for US $39.95, and it plans to release monthly car packs featuring six or more cars, complete with genre-specific radio stations, beginning six weeks after launch on Xbox Live Marketplace.
I mentioned it already. ;) See below.
Saeidi (Check Page 4 :: Thirteenth Post) wrote:This is my favorite game so far, it's so nice!

It has a Base Soundtrack with 60+ songs and monthly TDU Radio Station with over 10 radio stations each with different music!

Sweet 8)
And I'm pretty sure (95%) that it'll be for the PC version as well, because we (PC Users) are getting Car Packs: (Included in the *Downloadable Content* with the Radio Stations) and there were a few other Stuff other than Cars and Free Music :: Radio Songs ... I just can't seem to recall.... :?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Actually i am more excited for the 6 cars not the radio stations, which you did only post about it. :wink:

Return to “The Games”