NFS Carbon Engine and Editing. (Speculation)

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Hitman101
Stock
Stock

NFS Carbon Engine and Editing. (Speculation)

Post by Hitman101 »

I just wanted too make this topic to discuss the carbon engine and such.

Using my judgement and watching the vast number of videos out there it looks allot like EA took the easy way out and stuck with the NFS Most Wanted engine. Seems like they just updated it forthe next-gen with higher res textures and shiner cars, so what do you guys think? Do you think EA changed there .BIN file compression again? I hope not.... :D
Last edited by Hitman101 on 02 Nov 2006, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Devildoll »

the engine sounds dont match up with the underground 2 engine sound files.

atleast not 100 %
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

:D he means the graphic's engine, not the engine sounds of the cars
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS Carbon Engine and Editing. (Speculation)

Post by RVD »

Hitman101 wrote:
and stuck with the NFS Most Wasted engine.
lol :lol:

and if they did, i wont be unhappy, the graphics in MW were great!!!
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

IIRC, NFS Carbon was in development before MW, and the MW engine was created for Carbon.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

How do you know that?
corvyz6
Drift King
Drift King

Post by corvyz6 »

hes a spy workin for nfs
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

People who went to the special EA conference found out that Carbon was in development after Underground. U2 and MW were "middle men" to make EA money. I read about it in one of the fan site boards whose admin was invited to the conference.
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

prince if that is true, considering the amount of time available make nfs carbon, the game is just pathetic. carbon is affected by either the lack of time or the lack of good development(good programmers, organization, hardware, interest etc. )
BenGAMES
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BenGAMES »

OMG, this is the first time I hear this... how can NFSU2 be so much better than both of these new games and Carbon was made before it and it sucks comparing to NFSU2... I think this is firetruck as NFSU and NFSU2 get along perfectly and Carbon just sucks like Most Wanted that was published before it and btw, the story of Carbon doesn't fit the cronology. Anyways, you probably meant that Carbon's engine was made before NFSU2 and MW but that's also hardly possible!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Carbon wasn't made before U2, it was put into development before U2. Generally speaking, the game engine is made first, and then it's tailored to fit a storyline.

And anyways, U2 sucked.
BenGAMES
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BenGAMES »

nah, it didn't, it was the best and the realest... Carbon is another of those arcades
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

While we're on what started when, an ad for Carbon (in Top Gear magazine) states that development began in '01 sometime. I'll upload a pic sometime. EDIT: Oops... it says development start 3/1/05. My bad.

How is U2 realistic? the handling was like every car could turn on a penny at 150 mph. The only sort-of realistic thing about it was that you had to drive to all the races, but nobody really liked that so they got rid of it.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

If they have had all that time to develop Carbon then they rely must be the worst game developers in the world, so much time to do what? it isn't any better then Most Wanted and for that game they had less time to finish.

Return to “Editing”