Disable Catch up in career?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Disable Catch up in career?

Post by Ceano »

It must be a way to use the ON/OFF catchup availability that you have in "Quick Race" in "Career" mode, any programmer that can look in to this or even know how to do it?
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

I'd be interested in seeing this as well, for both Carbon and Most Wanted. I remember that there was a thread on this (search for 'rubberband') that showed you how to hexedit MW so it would disable this - but unfortunately it seems to be for a different country or version of MW because my offsets show neither 01 nor 02 as their values - meaning that editing them would probably break the game.

Since it sounds like Carbon has catchup too, I'd give major kudos to any hexeditors floating aboot these forums who'd help me out with this - since I rarely hexedit myself outside of cracking applications that keep demanding I have a CD in the drive.

Edit: Thread was here - http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... d&start=20. Method doesn't work for me though.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

In MW you have an option to turn it off in Quick race but not in Carbon what is EA thinking this days???
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

BrontoX wrote:In MW you have an option to turn it off in Quick race but not in Carbon what is EA thinking this days???
You still have the option to turn it off in quick races in Carbon, you do it in the option were you chose if you want traffic/crew/opponents/difficulty and so on.
Raynar05
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Raynar05 »

i know its a n00b question but, what is catch-up?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Catch Up = Rubber Band AI = No matter how good you drive, how fast your car is or how far behind the AI opponents are they will always catch up to you.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

say your way ahead of your opponents and then a minute later you look in your rearview and there they are. wasnt there something you edit in MW i think it was the global.bun file that disabled catch-up in MW ? i wonder if the same can be done for carbon
Raynar05
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Raynar05 »

i see
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

It isnt a bad thing though.. Just a challenge if normal racing is too easy and the opponent is never on your tail..

However, most people dont like this feature.
korge
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

korge wrote:It isnt a bad thing though.. Just a challenge if normal racing is too easy and the opponent is never on your tail..

However, most people don't like this feature.
Well EA could have put down some work in AI and implement SMART AI instead of cheating AI, this is year 2007 (soon) and almost every game out there already has SAMRT AI (except EA because they are to lacy or ignorant).
UnDeRtAkEr2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UnDeRtAkEr2k »

They should call it GOD AI ... cause that is how they are acting ... like they are untouchable.

Return to “Editing”