Why say "east on X street" there is no compass?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
EvilGod
Stock
Stock

Why say "east on X street" there is no compass?

Post by EvilGod »

Hey fellow Need For Speeders,

In Most Wanted, how many times have we heard "last seen going north on highway 99" or some similar police radio call? thousands for me that's for sure. Well I don't know about you but I find it kinda pathetic and frustrating when there is no compass in the damn game. Or is it just me? If anyone knows of any form of compass I'd love to hear about it.

I have loved this franchise since the first edition and I've had all of them.
Last edited by EvilGod on 07 Dec 2006, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Well, when you hear it on the radio, take note of which direction you are facing. Im pretty sure the way it is set up, Silverton is the North.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Just like ~all maps, North is up.
EvilGod
Stock
Stock

Post by EvilGod »

"Well, when you hear it on the radio, take note of which direction you are facing."

Because we all know how up to the minute the radio comments are huh!

"Just like ~all maps, North is up."

On a rotating map whilst driving all over the place on windy convoluted roads. that's a real useful tip. Maybe I should have mentioned I'm not a braindead kid with no clue.

Anyone got anything HELPFUL to say?
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

That aint the best way to say hi to a new forum mate!! Maybe some manners might help you.

There's not much to say to help you. If there's no compass, there's no compass.

What else can you do but take note of the direction you've been facing when you hear the call or look at the static map and, as GT says, north is up.

Nothing else to say!
sergelac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sergelac »

i never use rotating map, but most of the time the police radio is wrong about the direction im going
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

EvilGod wrote:"Just like ~all maps, North is up."

On a rotating map whilst driving all over the place on windy convoluted roads. that's a real useful tip. Maybe I should have mentioned I'm not a braindead kid with no clue.

Anyone got anything HELPFUL to say?
If only you would learn to stop yelling and listen/read. The map screen is accessible at all times in the game. The map screen is not rotating. The map screen is laid out like a real map. The map screen has north at the top. The map screen.
str33tfury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by str33tfury »

there's a small N on the rotating map in free roam mode... newb.
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

There is no 'N' in Most Wanted, so they fix it in Carbon.
EvilGod
Stock
Stock

Post by EvilGod »

smithsyscom wrote:There is no 'N' in Most Wanted, so they fix it in Carbon.
Thanks!
I wasn't sure if it was something other people missed, but I can assume from the fact they've added it that users must have requested it. I would also assume it would be pointless asking EA to include it any future patches if there are any. Hey! maybe one of the tallented modders here could make one. But I suppose if there had been enough interest in a compass it probably would have been done already.

xALFAxGT. Sorry if I seemed pissy. No disrespect was intended.

prince1142003. No. There is no north displayed on the map screen, you only assume it's north and as the place is fictional, who knows? I've completed this game eight times and I'm damn sure I would have noticed it had it been there and Funnily enough I even checked everything carefully again before posting the question in the first place.

sergelac. You're not wrong mate.usually they are either so late that the information is completely wrong, as in miles away wrong, or the direction is wrong anyway. I've even heard them describing me as being followed despite the fact I'm on the other side of the map from where they said and there were no police visible.

And 'str33tfury' You are wrong. There is certainly no 'N' and calling me a noob is hilarious, you would think so too if you new me.

I'll keep playing it until I get Carbon for Xmas.

Respectfully. . .
str33tfury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by str33tfury »

sorry, i was thinking you'd surely be playing carbon.

Return to “Carbon”