I found out how to unlock the shelby mustang 2007PS2,PC!!!!!

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
scott s 06
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scott s 06 »

EA sent me this e-mail
"As a special bonus for pre-ordering Need for Speed Carbon for
Xbox 360, here is your redemption code to download your 2007 Ford
Mustang Shelby GT from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Redemption Code: D9MQP-TBT8P-*****-*****-*****

When you receive your game, visit Xbox Live Marketplace, enter the
redemption code above, and follow the on-screen instructions."

I entered the code into xbox live and followed the instructions which said that it was going to download the 67' Shelby Mustang not the 07 like the e-mail said it was good for.

I also posted a messgae containg this problem on EA's message board asking for help, but no body has replied.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Uhhhh, does anyone know how to get it for ps2?! I mean cmon, i did everything you told me too but it wont work. :cry:
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

sadly i don't think there is a way to get it for the ps2 :(
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

but how about on PC?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

gnagna2000's trainer or hex edit, i recommend the trainer
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

brew, anything that is unlocked on PC should be available on PS2. Like some of the cars in the challenge series and the mazda dealerships can be unlocked somehow. I still think that from all the reading in the forums i've done, i rate this is where gameshark, Xploder, etc. come into play
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
sergey911
Stock
Stock

Post by sergey911 »

is it true that in regular need for speed carbon theres no nissian 240sx?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok, here's the scoop. Yes, there are definitely some versions of the game in which certain cars cannot be legitimately unlocked. However, every version of the game must actually contain all of the car models. This is so that people with the regular edition can actually see the EA Downloader CE version owner speeding by in his shiny Zonda while you're racing online. If your game didn't actually contain the Zonda car model, there's no way his car could be rendered.

So yes, some versions of the game will not let you legitimately unlock certain cars. As far as I know, the 240SX is a Collector's Edition exclusive, which means that it can't be unlocked through normal gameplay in the regular version.

Along these lines, I have a theory regarding some of the cars that don't appear to be available in any versions. I expect that some day soon, EA will offer these cars for sale through the Online Store, and purchasing the car will simply unlock it for use. Again, the idea of downloading an entire car model into your game just would not work online, because other players who hadn't bought and downloaded the car wouldn't be able to see it.

So, look out for the 2007 Shelby, possibly coming to an EA Online Store near you soon!

Edit: I love Firefox 2.0 Spellcheck!!
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Why pay for a car you can only use in quickraces ???
Refering to the 2007 Shelby, and nearly all other bonus cars that can't be unlocked right now, those cars also have limited modding capabilities, so why pay for them.
I think you're right on the unlocking part when you buy a car, and not downloading a whole car. So if you buy one of those 'limited-modding-capable-quickrace-only-bonus-cars' ... you're getting screwed by EA ... again.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

GT3x24x7 you must be right about the cars all being there. I realized that in the offline challenge series for the GCN you drive several of the cars that aren't available to buy and I'm betting it's the same for PS2 and Xbox.
sergey911
Stock
Stock

Post by sergey911 »

what about the toyota ae86? i saw in credits when i beat the game under toyota it said corolla there. but where is it, i got the regular version for ps2 and i beat the game but no sign of it
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

What is even more strange is if you use the +XI Trainer so that all cars are available in career, they all have a price tag...

Maybe this was done by the Trainer's author (I don't know, but I've not seen a mention of it anywhere) or maybe they were all supposed to be available but EA couldn't be arsed to finish writing the game?

Hmmm :-k
Attachments
Example Koenigsegg in Career Car Lot
Example Koenigsegg in Career Car Lot
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

All the trainer does is change an address in memory. I don't know if it's known what that address does, but I'd be surprised if it puts price tags on cars.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

yeh if GT3x24x7 is right... u can still see the 2007 Shely Mustang on the files.... ???
Explicit signature removed.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

I'm still waiting for Xploder cheats for the PS2.

I read in this forum that if you buy certain cars you get certain unlocks. has any one bought all the cars yet in career mode?

I've clocked career mode for the second time with muscle cars. got 600.000 bucks, and will try buying different cars. maybe that is the secret to unlocking different cars.

Any takers???
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

if they make the 2007 shelby only available through purchasing it well then they can take it and shove it as im not paying for something that i have and i should be able to unlock without buying it
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

cMw wrote:if they make the 2007 shelby only available through purchasing it well then they can take it and shove it as im not paying for something that i have and i should be able to unlock without buying it
So pointless to "buy"...:?
I paid US$39.99 for this game......and those cars are SUPPOSED to be in the game.... and now the stupid EA want us to pay more for those non-tunable cars......I'm not buying any even if EA have them in the store......
When the online was opened, I saw something like "Ultimate performance kits", I thought those are Junkman parts and I was like "That's cool, I can make the cars faster". However, a message is written in some small font,"These parts can be unlocked without purchase by processing through the career mode"...That just pissed me off so bad :twisted:
That online store is just for some rich n00bs who want to get everything unlocked without playing through the game :evil:
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

EVO_VIII wrote: When the online was opened, I saw something like "Ultimate performance kits", I thought those are Junkman parts and I was like "That's cool, I can make the cars faster". However, a message is written in some small font,"These parts can be unlocked without purchase by processing through the career mode"...That just pissed me off so bad :twisted:
That online store is just for some rich n00bs who want to get everything unlocked without playing through the game :evil:
I remember the guy that coordinates the PULC things for Carbon being on some 360 podcast. He basically said that their policy was to only offer content that could be unlocked through gameplay. I think if they ended up offering PULC that wasn't, they'd be accused of trying to squeeze more money out of consumers to get the complete game. This is different in the sense that if you are willing to put in the work, you can unlock that content without having to pay.

I'm guessing that part of their market research was finding that there are a number of casual players that don't really wish to devote a lot of time playing, but would like to experience the stuff you get only by completing career, etc. Certainly nothing wrong with people that wish to go that route. It's not like they're going to dominate in online races just because they went online to buy a Skyline or Tier 3 Pro packages.

Can't buy skill in the game.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Return to “Carbon”