Saddam Hussein

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Jopuma wrote:As my cousin said about the execution.....ownd.
Just like that, acting like a bunch of immature asses when it comes to this execution. :roll:
korge
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I never acted immature. I was stating what my cousin said about the execution. I couldn't really give a crap whether or not he lived or died.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Carcrazy wrote:
korge wrote:
xturbo wrote:CNN was crazy covering the execution. I think it wasn't the best way, remember that we are humans, not because a dude tocuh our arm with a finger means that we have to do the same for him. I'm not with his acts, but as a human, i think prison would be fine...not killing, we want peace, not more death examples...
seriously, this is how I felt... I see on all these other forums, people disrespecting and saying terrible things toward this execution. Yes he did deserve it, but I think this important event deserves a bit of respect... :roll:
Maybe so but another reason the Iraq government did this is because just because he is in jail dosn't stop him from getting out or still comducting attaks from the sidelines... plus this was supposed to be liek a threat to terrorists to get them to stop or at least slow down.
Do you really believe what you just said??
The amount of people attacking in the name of Saddam is really small, the majority of terrorists don't give a damn about Saddam, they only care about creating anarchie in the name of allah.
Sammam had little to no influence on the terrorists, don't listen so much to Bush :wink:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:
korge wrote: seriously, this is how I felt... I see on all these other forums, people disrespecting and saying terrible things toward this execution. Yes he did deserve it, but I think this important event deserves a bit of respect... :roll:
Maybe so but another reason the Iraq government did this is because just because he is in jail dosn't stop him from getting out or still comducting attaks from the sidelines... plus this was supposed to be liek a threat to terrorists to get them to stop or at least slow down.
The amount of people attacking in the name of Saddam is really small, the majority of terrorists don't give a damn about Saddam, they only care about creating anarchie in the name of allah.
Sammam had little to no influence on the terrorists, don't listen so much to Bush :wink:
:roll: It isnt like its your nations troops over there... Just let your nation sit back and relax, :wink:
korge
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i love this kind of discussions...really.. :wink:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

xturbo wrote:i love this kind of discussions...really.. :wink:
ROFL... Politics suck.. :P
korge
Raynar05
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Raynar05 »

no matter how sick or evil sum1 is, when I see them about to die I actually feel sympathy
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

korge wrote:
xturbo wrote:i love this kind of discussions...really.. :wink:
ROFL... Politics suck.. :P
it's important to know imo what the f**k is going on around u, sometimes not being informated can lead u to some: "hey, you're ignorant", but not necessarily, but imo it's ok to know what's going on in the world. And obviously it can help to manage your points and handle discussions, to talk in a more "advanced" way... :wink:
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

Raynar05 wrote:no matter how sick or evil sum1 is, when I see them about to die I actually feel sympathy
lol me too :D , but they dont feel sympathy. :x
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

korge wrote:
:roll: It isnt like its your nations troops over there... Just let your nation sit back and relax, :wink:
Well There where Dutch troops over there, but their tier is up and they are replaced my troops from other countries, we did not back out but they finished their tier,
And we needed extra troops in Afganistan to help the US forces there (as a NATO opp)
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

yeh I heard that, good on the dutch :D

I actually have strong feelings about this execution, I dont understand how anyone can have sympathy for him? Yes, he was a man, and all that, but so were thousands of others he killed and he showed no regard for their life, why should we show any remorse towards him?

The fact that he is dead will not even provoke terrorists, as stig said, they are just acting 'in the name of allah' anyway.

The documentary I watched about iraq showed most people against the US anyway - there was this young man who lost his entire family due to the US firing upon this small village, the arguement was that the US are just as bad as saddams force - and that is why most people are taking up arms, it showed this video of a militant group planting a land mine, waiting for this US jeep to drive along, they have as much hatred for the US as for saddam.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

TheStig wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:
korge wrote: seriously, this is how I felt... I see on all these other forums, people disrespecting and saying terrible things toward this execution. Yes he did deserve it, but I think this important event deserves a bit of respect... :roll:
Maybe so but what happens a month from now when they all calm down? Wouldn't that be better than this going on for years and years to come?
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

If we back out, the insurgecy will regain control, and all the people that died defending our country will have died for nothing. We are there to make Iraq a democracy, and they are becoming one.
"Slower cars are friends, not food" Finding Nismo ;)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

"Defending our country"... From what are they defending you from?
Iraq has not been a threat to the US in any way for a long time.
lol wut
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Pabl0z wrote:"Defending our country"... From what are they defending you from?
Iraq has not been a threat to the US in any way for a long time.
They supply the terrorists. We Cut off the supply to the terrorists.We Destroy the Enemy. The best Defense is a good Offense.
korge
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Show me proof.
And didn't attack Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction?
And were there any? No.
lol wut
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Pabl0z wrote:Show me proof.
And were there any? No.
wtf, they found them later.

The BS - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634313/

The truth - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

You wont find a less liberal news organization like FOX anywhere else.

In real life They (liberal minded left wing politcal groups) really dont post the successes too often, just whine over the 3000 dead troops and emphasize the negative.
korge
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Haha. Fox is the worst of the right wing propaganda channels.
I don't trust anything they publish (except the scores in sports).
Well I've noticed before that you're one of those people who believes something and whose head won't be turned by anything.
So I won't even bother.
You keep on trusting your government.
I honestly don't give a shiznit until the US becomes a direct threat to me.
lol wut
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

saddam may have killed 1000 plus shiites muslims.. but how many american soldiers have died?.. 3000.. and you know its because of who.. =D
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

I'm abit unsure what to think about the execution. I agree with xturbo about the "lowering ourselves to their level" thing, but on the other side, if saddam would have spent the rest of his life in prison would have caused practical problems. First is that it costs ALOT to keep a high security prisoner inside ( besides he would probably be killed by some guard anyway ). Second problem is when saddam would get old and tired, who would wipe his a**, feed him or help him with other things that old people might need help with.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

ahmad0410 wrote:saddam may have killed 1000 plus shiites muslims.. but how many american soldiers have died?.. 3000.. and you know its because of who.. =D
Idiot, more like approaching two million, including between 150,000 and 340,000 Iraqis and between 450,000 and 730,000 Iranians killed during the Iran-Iraq War. An estimated 1,000 Kuwaiti nationals killed following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. Over 100,000 Kurds killed or disappeared. Shia Muslims killed during Hussein's reign estimates between 60,000 and 150,000. (Mass graves discovered following the US occupation of Iraq in 2003 suggest that the total combined figure for Kurds, Shias and dissidents killed could be as high as 300,000). Approximately 500,000 Iraqi children dead because of international trade sanctions introduced following the Gulf War.

In a war, 3000 total casualties over a 5 year span is amazingly low. Incase you havent heard, Vietnam and WW2 sucked... especially the death toll so dont beech about "3000 soldiers, omg.. Bush is baby killer.." :roll:
korge
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

I see this one from 2 sides too:

Saddam definetely deserved it, but i think he would have suffered more by rotting away in a cell for the rest of his life...
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Com'on mate, everybody knows now that the whole "WOMD" reason was BS!
Bush was seaking a reason to invade Iraq and finish that what his dad did not want/ couldn't do.

I doubt anyone thinks it's a bad thing that Saddam is captured and went to trail etc.
But I really doubt he was selling weapons to Terrorists.
Saddamn had only 1 thing on his mind.... HIMSELF. he only cared about himself. I really doubt he could be bothered by a bunch of fundamentelists that want to begin a Jihad against the west.
Saddam believed that he could fight the US and the whole West by himself, that's what crazy dictators believe.... they are the so mighty they don't need anyone else.

You simply can't compare the Iraq war with WWII, those where diffirent times. in WWII the Nazi regime and Japanese regime WHERE a direct treath to the world as it was. and the was was decleared against the US by Japan.
And people where simply not as valueble as they are now.... back then they did not care as much about how many people died as long as the task was completed.
These days 3000 soldiers is alot. and they didn't die defending their country, they died fighting people who where/are against the West and the way we think.
But still the US should make some fast progress or the complete country (Iraq) is going into complete anachie, and then what???

I doubt anyone expected a civil war...
Stylez
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stylez »

korge wrote:
Pabl0z wrote:Show me proof.
And were there any? No.
wtf, they found them later.

The BS - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634313/

The truth - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

You wont find a less liberal news organization like FOX anywhere else.

In real life They (liberal minded left wing politcal groups) really dont post the successes too often, just whine over the 3000 dead troops and emphasize the negative.
Thank you very much korge.
Someone here isnt a libreral.
And yes Fox is by far the best news sorce.
And most watched btw.

Back on topic, of course this losah desearved it. Killing your own people comon now.
He had 40 trys against him and we had to pick 1.
He even signed his own life away.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Raynar05 wrote:no matter how sick or evil sum1 is, when I see them about to die I actually feel sympathy
I saw the video of him die and honestly I have to say it was actually sad watching it. He did deserve it but they shouldnt have allowed the person that filmed to have his cell phone in there. I mean the guy ran up and got a close up of his face after he had died.

He was in the middle of what I think was a prayer when they dropped him

Return to “General Discussion”