Post your day

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

EA have the terms 'understeer' and 'oversteer' reversed in the game. If you want actual oversteer (loose rear end), tune toward the understeer side of the slider, and vice-versa.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Seeing the kind of time that was done with the 240 with nitrous on Copper Ridge, I had to test out various engine / turbo/ transmission set ups to see where I could take my time. I seem to have gotten tired of testing with a run that broke into the 1:10.7xxx barrier. Most of my runs earlier in the evening had mainly been in the 1:11.xxx range.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/lead ... /entry/886
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

93360 wrote:hehe spoke too soon VG_Speed, new time of 1:09.95 in the 240sx with GT's setup =)

and i think i might just leave it at that actually... i found that with tuning the 240sx, it gets a little weird. when i tune for full oversteer, it gave me more understeer than before.... i tried some other adjustments here and there but the little advantages it gave me were outdone by the increase in difficulty to drive the car consistently. basically speaking, GT's setup pwns.

edit: VG_Speed post up your 1:10.88 in the mazda3 onto the leaderboards when you can
Eheheheh! Well, was not the only one! :P Yesterday arrived home and although it took me 1h trying, I couldnt believe the result... And what is more, most of my runs were less then 0.5s from that time I just uploaded. All I did was improve lines and gear usage. Still didnt use walls! ^^ I think that now I am really close to the limit! :P
I didnt do a final time for Elise, just took it for a couple of rides, but I did 1m 08s in my 2nd attempt. I am guessing low 1m 08s for Elise is quite possible, with NOS.

Man, I am really enjoying this! I didnt had this fun since World Records in NFSU2! And with Tier 1 cars! LOOOOOOOOOOL I am guessing that the guys forcing the use of these cars Online are not wrong afterall! :D

I also saw the replay from "someone" of Agostini Avenue... OMG! I cant believe it... How the hell EA guys allowed Speedbreak to be used in Ranked Offline... ROTFL! I am guessing it was another of their "forgots"! :P Just like GT3, Turbo S and so on! :P

Cya all!
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I couldn't get into any online games, but it seems I wasn't the only one affected by this issue with EA. I've also noticed that for the past few days, the Carbon leader boards are no longer keeping track of new times. I've mentioned this on another gaming board, someone mentioned that EA online play sites in general have been a bit off as of late. Maybe they're having issues with so many people on vacation and finding extra time to play.

Did a bunch of runs with a R34 on Lofty Heights. No nitrous, no speed-breaker. Got a few high 1'43"xxx times, as well as a ton of runs in the 1'44"xxx range, all of which had a ton of room for improvement. I just wasn't able to control the car well enough to take the lines I wanted while maintaining a decent amount of speed through each corner.

Called it a night after getting a 1'42"565.

In contrast, I did maybe two runs with the Evo after playing with its settings, and got a couple easy 1'42"xxx runs. I found it to be a much easier car to control on this course.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Was able to actually get into some online games. Didn't do too many, just enough to level up. Got into a series of unranked canyon duels against someone that had somehow unlocked the Toyota Corolla GTS. Beat him pretty badly in a tier 2 battle on Copper Ridge with my RX7. Next race, I pick Canyon Duel again, this time he uses the Cop Corvette Z06, the one that runs very fast against tier 3 and turns quite well, still tier 2. Got beaten badly that time.

Next race, I pick the same course, stick with tier 2. He goes with an RX7, I stick with my RX7 as well. Won that. He then picks Lofty Heights Downhill, tier 3, but by the time I realize it, it was too late for me to pick a new car. He runs a BMW that he customized visually, so I guess I know how he got the Corolla. Ran a surprisingly close race against his BMW, but he still won.

I pick the same course, this time, picking a BMW to match his. Beat him easily. So then he chooses Eternity Pass, tier 3, but goes back to his Cop Corvette Z06. I stick with the BMW. But once we hit the long straight after the five hairpins, he pulls away.

The guy could have stuck with the cop ZO6 and beaten me every time. I guess he's content to only pull it out when he drops a canyon duel to at least keep him at 50% winning percentage.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

When they show up with that Tier 2 Cop Corvette, I tell them to take their hacked cars somewhere else. It usually works. I figure they believe that no-one else knows about their fancy trick and calling them out on it leaves them no place to hide.
zainzs91
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zainzs91 »

i made over [b]630,000[/b] today in one drift in canyon using my porsche 911 turbo !
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

So I ran across a player online, at first he wasn't winning all the races. Someone that runs some pretty highly ranked times was getting first on speedtraps and a few sprints. But this guy would constantly come in second. During the race, that person would always be dead last. Speed stats would stay at zero until the very end.

I got curious, went back to see if the guy's car was still at the starting line; it wasn't.

The guy finally started winning the sprints that everyone in the room wasn't quite so fast at.

Someone calls him a cheater, bails out.

I'm curious, so I continue racing against him. Choosing one of the circuit races. I don't see his car at all, don't see any indicator of his presence on the map. Finally, I start to notice on the stats that while his name is second, that his time is listed as -0.05, as in ahead of me.

Finally, took him to Lofty Heights Downhill, where I have some degree of confidence that my times don't absolutely suck. Somehow I had won it. But I noticed a pattern. Every time it was his turn to pick a race, it would automatically go with the last one done. Predictably, whatever he had running had selected Lofty Heights. But then after a few seconds, the name suddenly vanishes. Maybe there's some exit protocol on his cheater program that bails him out when it looks like someone's found a course that he can be beaten on repeatedly. I was going to see if it was something automated, hoping I could just keep beating him at the same course.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm weird. I've never come across that kind of thing to date. Glad you posted it up so I can be wary of it.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I pretty much ran as slow as I've ever raced online. So I basically worked on seeing how well I can tail people, staying as close as possible without overtaking, in unranked races on canyon courses.

Had a firetruck vs. firetruck sprint going, but then got disconnected. Too bad.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Here's one thing you might want to try - run the Dump Truck on a Tier 1 Pursuit Knockout. I had an absolute hoot doing this today. Since the dumpy is quite fast for Tier 1, with a wide open track like Kemption or Siilverton, you can pretty much guarantee a win. What's more, you can tun the tables and start chasing rhinos with it! It sure puts the wind up a few noobs when they've been beaten by a truck, too. :lol:
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Here's one thing you might want to try - run the Dump Truck on a Tier 1 Pursuit Knockout. I had an absolute hoot doing this today. Since the dumpy is quite fast for Tier 1, with a wide open track like Kemption or Siilverton, you can pretty much guarantee a win. What's more, you can tun the tables and start chasing rhinos with it! It sure puts the wind up a few noobs when they've been beaten by a truck, too. :lol:
Ha ha. Sounds like fun. I don't think I've quite gotten all the rewards cards needed to unlock it though. I forget if it required a challenge series or if it was a rewards card. But I'm pretty sure I'm a task or two short of getting it. Probably lack of certain pursuit accomplishments since I was low on those in career mode.
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

Made 3million on Canyon Drift today, with Audi R8. That was a bit hard, it´s hard with turning when you have so big speed. You should try it guys on Golden Valley track :-)
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi all!

Before anything else, I wish everyone a Great 2007! =) All the best for you and your families! ;)

Due to work I was nearly 2 weeks without playing. In fact, if it wasnt for my adventure with Mazda3 doing my 1m 09.8s in Copper Sprint which, I might say, left me quite proud :D, I wouldnt had played. End of the Year + Work = No Time!

So, I took advantage of these 3 days to return to action. Saturday there was no time, was Friends Day! :P But Sunday between cleaning the house and preparing for the End of the Year Party, could put some hours into recording Shadows. Monday, after waking up did a few more hours.
The idea was simple, since I needed to remember what better then try to beat some records? ^^ Battling the Corvettes + Speedbreak would be interesting! Eheh! :P

I did all Circuits, although I believe that Salazar Street is already "Speedbreaked" and it's probably not possible to beat anymore without it.
I did only part of the Sprints, because the competition, on many tracks, is more or less dead due to Speedbreaks. I will upload all shadows from all tracks I tried even if not good compared to the actual record. But the thing is that after a certain point, I started to look at the times the "Speedbreak girls" :P were doing and checking GT3 or 93360 times and if the difference was too big I would move on without even going there, because I knew there was no possibility.
I am now doing Checkpoints! I think still 5 missing! It's being much funnier then what I thought! It's also invaded by the Speedbreaks but so far so good.

All the times I will upload are not on the limit, some probably quite far from it, not only for what I will say after, but also because of my poor knowledge of some of the tracks. I dont know how many "better times then the ones I will upload" I lost because of the stupid traffic (what were the EA guys thinking...). In Beachfront I give up because of it, and in York I had to go against the wall before the last corner to avoid a car and the result was doing more 0.04s then the Record... I was like... OMG... :| And these are just 2 examples...

Only on Gold Valley Run I felt I had been a little lucky, and usually when we feel this means that we are already on the limit cord! :P Unfortunately was not enough! :| But I am guessing this track has lots of "wallrides" and I usually avoid walls. Maybe will return later.

Anyway, I had some Fun and really learned a lot especially about the Corvette (driving it, not in terms of setups, since I used my Main and Silk Corvettes, without changes), and also about the Audi! So it served the purpose. Oh, and I put some "shame on you" on the Speedbreak guys a few times, which is a very cool bonus! LOL ^^

Today I am back to work so will play only at night and if possible. Still I hope to upload all stuff tomorrow.

Cya all!
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

something very simple: been racing in free roam challenges, so far i need 365 or somewhere around 350-370 free roam challenges to get the 1 mil reward cards.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo!

Well you can get the 1 Million Cash in one Career! :P Because I had to redo the game again, since my Savegame made in pirate copy was wasted (at the time there were no Savegame Validators), I started it with that reward in mind.

So, I bought a Tier 1 Car, Alfa-Romeo, and played until unblocking Elise without buying a single part! :P Then I bought Elise and played almost until the end of the Game, and again without spending any money. I knew I had to buy a Tier 3 Car when was impossible to win with default Elise! :S Then I bought the Evo IX. At this point I dont remember if I put parts or not... Still, I know that when I beat Darius I had near 1.2 Million! ;)

PS: I will upload all shadows I did today! :P Yesterday I had a couple of hours and managed to finish the Checkpoints! Lost much time with Morgan Beach Offramp, and couldnt do it! :| Again it was out of reach for me and the Corvette I used (Main Street one).
Now that I did the 1st round I can say that although having the possibility to use Speedbreak kills the competition sooner or later, I am also happy, because this way we will be able to aim to Times that are perfect or beyong perfect (comparing to what is possible to do without Speedbreak), and that will humour us to continue! :P
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Tried a couple runs on Lofty Heights with a Lan Evo, using NOS this time. Plenty of room for improvement, but then I saw a time that beat me out for the day. I figure the time is quite feasible for the Lan Evo, but that high speed caught my attention. Can you even hit 300 mph on that course with a Lancer? Perhaps it's just an EA leaderboard glitch if that speed doesn't sound quite right.

VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi Ecks0a!

That guy is clearly a cheater. You can see on the NOS usage. As far as I know that amount of LBS is not possible in a single Sprint! ;)

Also congrats on your time with the EVO. I saw it yesterday, when you posted it. And I find it really good! :)

Cya!

Return to “Carbon”