New Cars Available For NFSC PC

The news visible on the main page
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

IMO, EA did listen partially to its fans. I personally wanted more muscle cars, and know many others that have did as I have and filled out any type of questioniare asking what you would like to see next. Unfortunately, that's the only thing they implemented. One major issue the NFS title was lacking was worth while online play. The interfaces have been progressively getting worse with each NFS release, and online play now feels more like a monotenous checklist with no real fun factor. I feel EA shoved alot of worthless unwanted crap into the game. Personally, I think autosculpting sux. It could be great, but the way they implemented it is not very appealing. and the offline play is very short with only 4 bosses. Can we say lame? And team members... who needs them, especially if they are going to constantly pull in front of you and slam on the brakes, or a guy who tells you short cuts about 3 seconds after you have already passed by that section.

Now this so called "empty your pockets patch" to unlock content that should have been already in the game is the last slap in the face I'm taking from EA. In order for me to buy the next NFS series game, it had better have great(long) offline play, crazy police chases, drag racing, and nothing short of spectacular online play.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

The part I was referring to that EA didn't listen about was that they didn't release the newly unlocked cars for free.
mikemikemofo
Stock
Stock

Post by mikemikemofo »

What?
Is it not enough that I paid around $50 to get what is IMHO the easiest and shortest NFS game ever?-now EA wants to charge me for cars which seem as though they couldn't complete in time for a November release. Lame, lame, lame.

Do you really think I'm going to pay $5 to buy access to a car so I can beat a game again which only took me a few days to beat the first couple times-a few months ago at that? There is an unlocker available online for free, it works too;)

and to any EA rep that might read this....please get me an answer to the following question.

Does EA really feel comfortable charging its customers $75(game + all bonus cars) for a complete version of the game which can be beaten in a couple of sittings?
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I don't see a problem in this, I mean I have always said it would rock to get some NFS expansion packs with more cars/tracks.

The problem is they give you only 2 cars :roll: and no additional tracks or challenges :roll:

About the game duration, NFSC is not the shortest ever. I am a Hot Pursuit fan.. HP2 had 2 careers: "Championship" and "Hot Pursuit", 33 challenges each one = 66. And NFS3HP hadnt even a career, there were just 8 tracks (4 worlds, 2 tracks each one) and a bonus track. The aim was to beat the Championship (8 races) to get the bonus track and a bonus car, then beat the Knockout Challenge (7 races) to get 2 more cars and thats it. About 3 hours and 100% completion :D

The thing is: old games were COOL enough to enjoy them even when the careers were too short. NFSC is SO boring that I just uninstalled the game before completing it. LOL.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

SP4RCO wrote:I don't see a problem in this, I mean I have always said it would rock to get some NFS expansion packs with more cars/tracks.

The problem is they give you only 2 cars :roll: and no additional tracks or challenges :roll:

About the game duration, NFSC is not the shortest ever. I am a Hot Pursuit fan.. HP2 had 2 careers: "Championship" and "Hot Pursuit", 33 challenges each one = 66. And NFS3HP hadnt even a career, there were just 8 tracks (4 worlds, 2 tracks each one) and a bonus track. The aim was to beat the Championship (8 races) to get the bonus track and a bonus car, then beat the Knockout Challenge (7 races) to get 2 more cars and thats it. About 3 hours and 100% completion :D

The thing is: old games were COOL enough to enjoy them even when the careers were too short. NFSC is SO boring that I just uninstalled the game before completing it. LOL.
But back then, those games were the best ways to pass time. Now, I enjoy picking my teeth more than dealing with Carbon.
korge
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

WTF?! Selling cars already in game. What will they do next? Make another crappy game for 50$ with cars being sold separately. But that's not as bad as selling cars already in the game...I can't combine. Well, most likely they will make a game full of bugs and then selling patches, which might not even work. And pay-to-play.
mikemikemofo
Stock
Stock

Post by mikemikemofo »

SP4RCO wrote: About the game duration, NFSC is not the shortest ever. I am a Hot Pursuit fan.. HP2 had 2 careers: "Championship" and "Hot Pursuit", 33 challenges each one = 66. And NFS3HP hadnt even a career, there were just 8 tracks (4 worlds, 2 tracks each one) and a bonus track. The aim was to beat the Championship (8 races) to get the bonus track and a bonus car, then beat the Knockout Challenge (7 races) to get 2 more cars and thats it. About 3 hours and 100% completion :D

I guess that's the point I was trying to convey.....Carbon is the NFS game that I have put the least amount of time into, going all the way back to NFS on the Amiga, because there is no challenge to it. Nice cars, flashy graphics; no challenge, no like. How's that. I'd rather play through NFSMW again with the new selection of cars.....those police chases were actually hard and the game had some length to it.

Return to “News”