Supreme Commander Vs C&C3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Supreme Commander Vs C&C3

Supreme Commander
28%
C&C3
72%

Total votes: 18

donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

trust me they do lol. just look at the assult buggy at tech lvl 1. looks like the NOD buggy from previous C&C games. BTW i belive theres a C&C 3 demo at fileplanet.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

has anyone played the C&C expansion pack: zero hour ? if you like C7C generals you will love zero hour because it has more stuff! btw what do you guys like to play as ? i like being the china nuke general in zero hour and the U.S. in generals. then i usually take over the enemies command center and build nukes, scud storms, particle cannons of my own :twisted:
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

yeah i play zero:hour...ususally use the gla...sure they might not have that big of techology like Usa and china...but their units kick bumbum
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea some of them are bad ass. i think i found the ultimate killing machine. if your china take the overlord and upgrade it with everything and then build a bunker and put 5 rocketmen in their and build a couple of those and you will have a mobile killing machine. the same can be done with the u.s.'s humvee's. not sure what vehicle you can do that with the gla i think the bus. i usually like to play against the gla because they are pretty easy. i'll post some pics later 8)
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

usually when i have a killing machine with gla...it's mostly full of rocket buggies, scopian tanks, quad cannons, and toxin tractor....if lucky enough take out a tank with jermel kell

Edit: someone sooner or later is gonna tell us to pm
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Also with the USA take a hummer and put 4 rockets and a sniper in it, and have about 4 hummers with that combo, you can destroy an entire base. I bought the C&C Decade of Destruction (the boxed set with everything) and still prefer the Tiberian Sun and Firestorm to the rest. EA has done a very good job at keeping the series good enough to keep the legend going, and I can't wait to get my hands on C&C 3 just to tie all the ends off in the tiberian sun trilogy
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

I like Generals and its sequel because its some what more of a proper strategy game than Tiberian Sun. Personally I like the ability to 'specialize' in a particular skill, like Air Force general for USA or Tank General for China. Coupled with a higher difficulty AI level, it truly is a challenge. That said Tiberian Sun is just a mindless 'power-is-might' game, but great for a hot and sticky Monday night where you just don't want something complicating to do.

I think C&C3 is gonna follow Tiberian Sun's footsteps, but the new eye candy will be a blessing from the pixelated explosions in T.Sun.

S.Commander is simply massive..literally. IMO the only way to play in a game that big is just to build massive armies and crush everything in your way. If so, I really don't see point of buying it when C&C3 does the same thing, except it doesn't need half your hard drive to work.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I tried the demo of CnC3 today and I must say that I'm releived. Generals was a disgrace to the series, but this is once again what CnC is supposed to be! Finally, a story based campaign with cut scenes and the classic cnc styled gameplay. Woohoo.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Bojan wrote:I tried the demo of CnC3 today and I must say that I'm releived. Generals was a disgrace to the series, but this is once again what CnC is supposed to be! Finally, a story based campaign with cut scenes and the classic cnc styled gameplay. Woohoo.
i have yet to try the demo, but you have no idea how good your comment sounds to me :P
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

I'm going to buy Supreme Commander today, simply because i've completed every single mission/recieved every medal through the entire Command and Conquer Series, from tiberian dawn, right through to zero hour, and i need something to fill in time before C&C 3 is released. Looks like a massive game, more focus on big ass battles than strategy.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

im "getting" game also :wink: cant wait to play it
Kurushii
Stock
Stock

Post by Kurushii »

C&C all the way. SP has a lot of scope for large battles, but it takes too long from what I've heard. I prefer not to spend 5 hours building a single weapon.

Besides... KANE!
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Is C&C 3 out?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Just played the C&C3 demo more today and wow. C&C is back for real. I thought it would remind me too much of Generals since they both use the same graphics engine but I am wrong. The game is awesome, FMVs are back and are actually good. Not all that, but the game still looks good on medium detail (I could turn it up and still be smooth but when I have too many structures and mammoth tanks on screen, it really starts to lag).

SC is a waste of time imo. It looks ugly, it is a resource hog, and it is really boring.
Last edited by 2furio on 01 Mar 2007, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

What are the recommended specs for C&C 3? Supreme Commander?

What do you mean by SP 2furio?
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

SC is a good game if you enjoy a larger stradegy based game, where your units think for themselves (i sent 10 large tanks and 10 small bots to the same point, and the tanks took the shortest route, while the smaller faster bots patrolled either side of my tank column to protect them, instead of darting off for the waypoint and leaving the tanks unprotected). C&C 3 i believe can't be really compared to SC, as it is nearly a seperate genre, SC puts more of a focus on tactics IMO, but I will have both soon so it won't matter
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

for those that play zero hour, anybody ever play as the boss general ? there is a little file that lets you play as the boss general in skirmish and she has the best of everything like US power plants, overlord and paladin tanks particle cannon, nuke missile, and scud launcher all at the control of one general. its pretty cool you get the best from china,US, and gla
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

really? i wasn't able to play as her in skirmish :?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

here put this file in the address next to it and you will be able to play as boss general in skirmish 8)
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI
Attachments
ChallengeMode.rar
C:Program FilesEA GAMESCommand & Conquer Generals Zero HourDataINI
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

will do....it also works if you got the first decade right?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

it should just put it in that address
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

When is C&C 3 going to be released i tried looking on their site and nothing.
I only know it's going to be released in March but what date?
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

I think it is about the 23rd of March. You could download a screensaver from the official site that features a realtime countdown to the release. But yeah, im sure i read 23rd

Return to “The Games”