Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

Would you want to street race when you grow up?

Course I would
25%
No way! Mommy!
26%
Meh, maybe
49%

Total votes: 73

Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Okay, no more BS !! keep on topic, i mean it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I hate to say it, but where I live, its a mixture of open country road and urban city population. Its a perfect place to street race. At least at night.
korge
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Re: Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by SliM_880 »

Stereo wrote:
drftkng wrote:I saw this article in the newspaper that said that games like Need for Speed and other street racing games could make you become a street racer when you grow up. :? Who thinks this could be true? Now my mom is more worried than ever when I play Need for speed. In real life, I'd probably be too much of a wimp to actually street race. :roll:
I agree. I'd probably tune my car though, but not race.
same here
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I don't race anyone except myself :)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

xturbo wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:ok, after your university degree, Id be glad to see you die in a crash.

thats why they added warnings to every need for speed game since underground to drive safely, and keep the racing in the game or on a closed circuit.

and no, i will not street race. you mess with the law, and you risk your life.
Ok smart guy. You are really a stupid kid you know why???
Because you don't even f*cking THINK what the hell are you saying.
First of all, I'm ALWAYS concious of what can happen in a streetracer life.
Second, I'm not a guy like those stupid kids that believe that they have speedbraker and sh*t in "their cars".
Third, I DON'T WANT TO READ AGAIN THAT YOU WILL BE GLAD OF SEEING ME DYING. Damn stupid kid. Get a real life....you're 12 and you think you know enough in life?? you're just getting involved in school and you talk to me like I didnt know what to do???
I'm sick of guys like you
That's why this world is really f*cked up...

Xturbo. :x
when did i say i knew enough in life?
we dont know each other irl and we never will so what is the matter? do i care if you die or not? don't take things so seriously dude, so why dont you get a life yourself? you act as though you are as experienced as me. :roll:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I WONT street race but i will only do it on a Drag strip were its all safe and stuff like that such as the Kwinana Motorplex :P also i would only do it once coz my friends di*k head and wants me to drag him when we are older
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

I have been involved in some (now) pretty stupid incidents on public roads, lets just keep it to that.
The adrenaline rush is great, until you assess the risks. Then your 'I want to survive' instincts kick in. And stays.
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

I'm over my street racing days mostly. After seeing so many people either getting caught by the cops or being injured/killed in crashes, I find it silly. I'll occasionally light race someone but only to the speed limit and then I let off.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Fishwhiz, you have been warned...Wanna continue your convo with xturbo ?, then i suggest that you do that through PMs, or else you'll be banned soon.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

I'd probably only tune my car. The most I'd ever do is speed by accident :roll: Another thing is that many of you people are saying that there isn't a lot of street racing and it is mostly fiction? That is really untrue. In Toronto, Canada, there have beeen many incedents. Once a street racer hit this woman on a raised highway and her car "flew" off of the highway. Luckily she survived. They also do a lot of street racing near airport roads with secret signals and stuff. The most serious thing that ever happened in toronto was that 2 boys (14 and 16 years old) were street racing and they hit a taxi. The driver died one day before he would become a citizen. They found a copy of Need for Speed in there car.

Sorry for the long comment.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Wow, you listed two examples...

I don't remember anyone saying street racing didn't exist, but it's probably not as big a problem as a lot of people think. The media loves to hype things. ;)
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Somebody said it on the first page.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

steelsnake00 wrote:Crappest. Poll. EvAr. Street racer's are the stuff of fiction, largely. Theres a few around in every country, but most people who claim they street race are talking bollocks.
You mean this? It's probably true. I see riced up cars all over the place, but I would bet all the money I have (which isn't much, but you get my point :P) that 90% of those cars have never 'raced'.
'93 Cobra
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by '93 Cobra »

i won't become a street racer. but saying i won't drive spiritedly once in a while would be a total lie.
Game Completion: 86%
Career Completion: 100%
Challenge Series Completion: 66%
11/11/06
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

what kind of question is that besides the games are created for fun
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Meh. You can make some good money on highway runs

I probably wouldnt do it often. Heard it ****s up your car over a period of time.

High speed runs, Those are a different story :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think most people do drive over the speed limit once in a while (or constantly :P ) by it by accident or on purpose, but really street racing is a diffirent story.

Yeah they do it where I live also, I see them gather at the at the Mc Donalds in the north of the city, and I know they will go to the industrial area to race their Golfs and riced up civics,
But even then I think that like half of them only come there to watch other ricers race each other. I never went there myself so I don't know the exact numbers :wink:

Like Darren I sometimes do a little Trafficlight GP but that's it and only when it's quiet uptill a certain speed that's accepteble on that particular street, wich can be the speed limit or abit over it but never something like 100 where you are allowed to go 30 orso :wink:
I often get challenge by ricers/streetracers because I drive the average ricers second largest wet dream, a Honda Civic Type-R (largest wet dream is probably a skyline)
But for 99% of the time I ignore them and drive away normally (wich still is pretty quick cause I prefer to reach my cruising speed as soon as possible) or I drive away slower then I would normally to make sure to them I don't want to race them.
But once in a while when I see a poser in a car that I think will be to good not to smoke.

But like more people here say, the average streetracing here is not like in the NFS games, where they are racing in super tuned cars with 200 mph around the city.
But I think the general street race is a drag race against 2 cars on a quiet road.

That doesn't mean it's not at all dangerous, but it's a far cry from what you see in NFS.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

why is it so hard to get out to a closed course and race? it is a lot less risky and more fun when you dont have civilian traffic to risk the lives of.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Two words: Adrenaline junkies.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Fishwhiz wrote:why is it so hard to get out to a closed course and race? it is a lot less risky and more fun when you dont have civilian traffic to risk the lives of.
Maybe not everyone has a closed course. We all dont live on the good side of town.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

hopefully get atleast a permit.....later on the lisence...tune the car no real street race
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Fishwhiz wrote:why is it so hard to get out to a closed course and race? it is a lot less risky and more fun when you dont have civilian traffic to risk the lives of.
In Toronto, there isn't a single closed circuit track (except for go-karting). When the Champ Cars come, they use a road course.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

eh, i might, if i get a good car in 2 yrs. i might
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Two words: Adrenaline junkies.
If you ever drive a car fast, you'll know how they feel and why they do it :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I wasn't bashing it, believe you me, I love it. :D Though I get my kicks on rollercoasters. :)

Return to “General Discussion”