A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Curious to see what will be announced. Not holding my breath on the damage though. That level of damage (total destruction with one smack) would push the game difficulty into hard-core simulation genre, which I seriously doubt EA would come up with (not as commercially sensible as an arcade style racer).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

YaelDjiel wrote:you know what you guys are doing to yourself right? :D
you're hyping eachother up, guessing/thinking about all the awesome features it could or might have :lol:

im just going to wait and see what happens the 31st XD
I'm not hyping myself...I'm just clearing any possible doubts..that's all...
Be hyped means that you talk like: "OMG!! A NEW NFS!!! OMFG!!!" , "I ALREADY WANT THIS", "THE CLASSIC WISHLIST"...and that stuff..I told here in another post..I'm not going to say NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME (MEANS CONTENT, FEATURES, ETC) until May 31st. I'm just doing that, clearing IF this is NFS or not.

Xturbo.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

another funny thing...

see the plate of carbon, notice how it said NFS11 also?

EDIT: also, on the "new" plate.. it says Need for Speed instead of the city name like the previous games
guess they did that on purpose though :lol:
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Last edited by YaelDjiel on 24 May 2007, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

Someone forgot where the "0" is :lol:
Driv2Slow
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

On that numberplate from the scanned article, below the main writing, I believe it says "Jan 8"...could be the release date...I believe someone else on the board brought that up and said "Jan"...but I'm just saying...

I guess EA decided to take a more simulation and realistic approach to NFS. Of course, seeing the success of Forza and other racing simulators, why could EA not copy them in order to make more money?

I wish TDU would have been a major success (it did alright), so then EA could have copied them instead. :P

EDIT: Argh, nevermind...I thought the small picture of the numberplate xturbo posted was from the article. Just realized it's from EA's teaser...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Yeah it was from the teaser..sorry for not point that.

well, actually, joining all the pieces, I believe what 2furio is saying: EA maybe is looking to the Simulation side rather than the arcade thing.

My guess? This is going to be a copy of what Juiced 2 is going to be, just as they did with Carbon and Juiced. Look, they have somehow a "pro racing event ambient", with ballons, people there watching, wheel barriers, and if you look closely to those supposedly "screens" from NFS11, you can see the circuit galleries where ppl can watch. Maybe is a mode of the game, like URL (Underground Racing League) in Underground 2, but I have the feeling that many people will be dissapointed again of this game, not by the horrible bugs or glitches, they're going to be dissapointed maybe of the "direction" of the NFS series being now a "sim" instead of its origins: an arcade game. Looks like we're facing a Race Driver or a Event game instead of the freeroaming and chases from the other NFS games.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, if its a copy of juiced 2 then by the looks of it, it has better graphics and a bigger variety of cars (seeing the audi, i'm assuming that there will be a return of exotics and muscle.
thestephman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thestephman »

stuff from wikipedia

Need for Speed XI (NFS XI [2]) (unofficial title) is expected to be the latest installment of Electronic Arts' popular racing game series Need for Speed. It is expected to be officially announced sometime this spring.[3] A recently published teaser trailer on the official Need for Speed website suggest that more information will officially be revealed on May 31.[4]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Information
o 1.1 Title
* 2 Teaser trailer
* 3 News
* 4 References
* 5 External links

[edit] Information

Currently, little is known about Need for Speed XI, and nothing is for sure. According to early rumours, it will include some of the things not included in Need for Speed: Carbon, such as drag racing. It is also said that it will feature advanced graphics, with special attention given to the next-generation graphical capabilities of the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.[5] The game engine will be built from scratch as opposed to refining an older engine, and suitable for today's fast systems. NFS XI will also transition from the arcade-like racing of previous titles in the NFS series to more realistic racing, making a hybrid of the two. The rumours also suggest that Autosculpt from NFS: Carbon will be back and improved.[3][6]

[edit] Title

Soft Club, the Russian publisher, said that the game will be titled Need for Speed: Pro Street and will be released in November 2007.[7][6] However, this information was later removed, and EA has not officially confirmed a title.

[edit] Teaser trailer
A screenshot from the official teaser trailer
A screenshot from the official teaser trailer

On May 21, 2007, EA released a teaser trailer for Need for Speed XI.[4] The trailer shows a realistic damage model, the return of the Mazda RX-7 and that the racing will be done during daytime, unlike Carbon and the Underground series. The trailer also mentions a date of May 31, 2007, perhaps hinting on the date of the official announcement. The trailer can be viewed at the official NFS
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

w000t teh RX-7 will never die! 8) :D
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Please guys don't jump into conclusions by saying it looks like it's going to be a sim.
In all honesty I don't believe all that magazines are saying.
I remember that IGN even said there would be cars like BMW, Lamboghini and Ferrari.
Magazines often have it wrong with some small but important details.

I really doubt the Polish magazine pictures are from NFS. but that's just me.
I would like it if NFS got abit more serious but I really doubt it.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I agree, if they got more serious, they would have more serious gamer instead of high-strung, pink neon using, ricers XD
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Speechless :shock:

This is really a next-gen game, a great jump in graphics quality. Bigger than the older ones: NFS2 --> HP; PU --> HP2; and UG2 --> MW.

What is that other car on the RS4 picture? RX7?

P.S. Just hope it's not as arcadey as the old games :roll: not need to be a pure simulator, just make it like TDU :)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

id just like a little more realistic drifting, a replay cam, better physics so the muscle cars don't shake around and vibrate like most cars did in mw and carbon.
madog.bnk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by madog.bnk »

whats the big deal with people hating ricers?? if u like that kind of thing that's ur choice just coz u dont like it doesnt mean it shouldnt be in i personal like ricers but i like muscle aswell
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah.. No one said they hated ricers.. don't know what your reading...
madog.bnk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by madog.bnk »

sorry i was pointing out the fact that people are always saying "i hate ricers"
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i hate ricers ........ sorry but its the truth and just like SP4RCO said make the physics like TDU and that part will be perfect
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Most of the time i have no idea what a ricer is.... and don't car about it as long as my cars are what i like and want its all great :P
madog.bnk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by madog.bnk »

darknight788 wrote:i hate ricers ........ sorry but its the truth and just like SP4RCO said make the physics like TDU and that part will be perfect
i agree with the tdu part, make it more free roam rather then putting barrers in the way
Yabol
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Yabol »

Pictures i've posted before are 100% real. I'd like to scan whole article, but:
-i don't have scaner
-article is in Polish :P
But i'll try to translate some interesting facts, ok?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Yabol wrote:Pictures i've posted before are 100% real. I'd like to scan whole article, but:
-i don't have scaner
-article is in Polish :P
But i'll try to translate some interesting facts, ok?
mate thanks for the response.
please please!!!! try to scan them!!! we really need to have a detailed view of those screenies, really.....
maybe one of your friends have a scanner there !! T__T

try to translate as much as you can, please!!! T__T
That would be a excellent guide to let us know what's going on in this game ok??
Thanks for all Yabol. :wink:

Xturbo
Yabol
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Yabol »

Some info:
-Pro Street is an official name
-there will be medals for damaging car in specified places
-first 3 levels of damage don't disturb in driving
-autosculpt is back, and it's more precise
-tracks in whole world
-no categories in races ( i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car)
-28 makes of cars, Honda is back
-cars are from about '60s to present
-only 8 exotics
-4 types of races - closed circuits, drift, speed challenge and drag racing
-you don't have to win all races, you have to be first in general clasification ( like in URL)
-you can turn off abs etc.
-the game will be much more real.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Oh Snap! :P Copying Forza 2..... :lol: well by looking at that info.. well not the Racing types though

Oh and thank you 'Yabol' for telling all of us that
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

And i still stick to what i said........ The new girl looks abit strange coz well that looks like my Older sister :shock: No joke.. Hmm.. looks as though we have some system requirements...

Processor: 1.6 GHz

256GB of RAM

DVD-Drive

The other bit i cannot read coz its diffrent...

Return to “News”