NFS Pro Street, for real ?

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Hmm...

Post by peterfaj »

iFT wrote:
peterfaj wrote:-Ugly car in trailer :lol: (Can't decide if it's ugly or cool, but I think it will be important in game)
It's sexy and you know it.
Thanks for reminding me.

The car's cool, just damaged and fixed the quick way. And it has different rims, I hope that won't be necessary in game if you waste your car. And I hope it won't be necessary to waste your car.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

@ peterfaj- i think when it says a 70 horsepower car can race a 700 hp car, it means that it can race it, but it won't really be able to beat it.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Have anyone noticed that we have a crashed BMW Z4 in those scans ?

Scan --> http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/9bf02f67ae47697d.jpg
Real life pic --> http://www.solocochesdelujo.com/imagene ... grande.jpg
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yeah i noticed the crashed Z4 but i cant read it..

Make note that if damage is a huge part in this new Nfs we might have to pay cash just to fix the car kinda like juiced
Last edited by race_invader on 29 May 2007, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

race_invader wrote:Make note that if damage is a huge part in this new Nfs we might have to pay cash just to fix the car kinda like juiced
Nooooo...OK
And I guess quick fixes will be cheaper
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

as long as it doesn't make your car look ghetto like the one in the teaser
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Thats what a Quick fix looks like Fishwhiz......
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

it still looks ghetto, id rather pay full cost than pay half to cover it in staples and duct tape...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Fishwhiz wrote:it still looks ghetto, id rather pay full cost than pay half to cover it in staples and duct tape...
I would too, except if you would be low on money in this game.

Or maybe, that's some sort of reward for trashing your car, some kind of valuable. You know in the teaser, when it says love tap, traded paint, brake checked, like something cool, like something important.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

but like it says, damage will not be used to detract from gameplay. maybe rewards for damaging parts of car, but not burnout.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

SP4RCO wrote:I don't think none of these games are full simulators... try rfactor or live for speed (live, not need hehe). they are like real life = too hard to handle them using a wheel (impossible with a keyboard...) Im 99.9% sure the new nfs won't be like them ;)
Mate, try to drive LFS again with a mouse at least. I can drive perfectly with it, and no problems..I'm still playing it. Lots of tunning, real things such as fuel adds weight..suspension adjustements and damage...Oh..offtopic.. :lol:
Try it with mouse this time :wink:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, i dont think any of us are looking for a full hard core simulator game. id like a little arcadishness along with realism, its what separates need for speed from forza, gt, and live for speed and rfactor.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Fishwhiz wrote:well, i dont think any of us are looking for a full hard core simulator game. id like a little arcadishness along with realism, its what separates need for speed from forza, gt, and live for speed and rfactor.
agree. Let's say 60% simulation?
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Ok it seems LaPierre is showing he is an idiot again and not listening to the community.
Why can't the NFS Part of EA be more like the C&C part, C&C 3 is a great game and they are still releasing patches for it (last i checked). I am starting to lose hope in NFS and many other Street Racing games. (apart from Test Drive Unlimited which is a great game)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

BrontoX wrote:Ok it seems LaPierre is showing he is an idiot again and not listening to the community.
Why can't the NFS Part of EA be more like the C&C part, C&C 3 is a great game and they are still releasing patches for it (last i checked). I am starting to lose hope in NFS and many other Street Racing games. (apart from Test Drive Unlimited which is a great game)
Lapierre seems to be out of this, because this comes from EA Sports and NOT EA Black Box man :wink:
It seems finally the damn monkey has leaved the dark throne!! Hurray!!!

if not..let's be ready to suffer again.. :cry:
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

First of i don't like the name of the upcoming title. NFS Pro Street. Sounds stupid in my opinion. All the other titles they have out there all named really cool. Second I hope the game is going to have some looks from most wanted. The trailer I have seen is good and I just hope that all the talk we are having in this thread will be wrong. I hope EA has something that none of us ever thought about.

And what is this talk about EA Sports Taking over NFS and Not EA BlackBox? Can someone tell me about this. Please!

Only 2 and 1/2 Days left. (US)

Fusion
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

vegettoxp wrote:First of i don't like the name of the upcoming title. NFS Pro Street. Sounds stupid in my opinion. All the other titles they have out there all named really cool. Second I hope the game is going to have some looks from most wanted. The trailer I have seen is good and I just hope that all the talk we are having in this thread will be wrong. I hope EA has something that none of us ever thought about.

And what is this talk about EA Sports Taking over NFS and Not EA BlackBox? Can someone tell me about this. Please!

Only 2 and 1/2 Days left. (US)

Fusion
Look, first publisher was electronic arts, then it was EA games, then EA black box, now It'll be EA sports. I know it's all EA, but back in the good old times, there were no complications.

2nd, trailer does look cool, just it's too short. And no more those carbon special effects which made me skip all videos.

3rd, name isn't bad, Carbon is the worst name ever.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i know right, when i first saw nfs carbon i thought the cars would literally be covered in carbon fiber, and it got me scared. when i realized that wasn't the case, i wasn't so scared until it was released and i got it.

im wondering if ea sports is taking control of this for just one game while ea black box is spending more time on a bigger, badder nfs game for next year... then again, just something to think about.
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

I am just hoping that every time they change departments, they don't loose the TRUE power of need for speed. I might be a Newbi, but I know how it felt when I played Need For Speed Most Wanted. It was like a drug to me. I still play that game to this day. I did not get the same feeling when I played Carbon. I just hope that EA Sports don't do a dumb job on the next NFS Title.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I think Pro Street sounds good, it reminds me of High Stakes (NFS4). And I don't see a big problem with EA Sports having a try at Need For Speed either, the biggest change will of course be that we move away from the streets, and on to the racing tracks. A little worried about that, could mean they've given up on the fight against TDU, but it could also mean they're working on a TDU competitor, which might be released around the same time as TDU2. If that's the case, I have a very bright future ahead of me. Street and race every second year could also be nice, and it could even improve the game quality.

As for the true NFS power... In my opinion, the NFS series has gone downhill since NFS Underground, and even tho MW was better than Carbon, I wasn't thrilled about it...
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wait... there's a TDU2??? But I doubt that Pro Street will be a TDU competitor, because TDU is more for a realistic simulation and Pro Street is turning out to be a combination of Burnout (to some extent), Forza, and GT. But it definitely does not have elements from TDU, unless you consider the mostly-day cycle on Pro Street a copy of TDU.

And generally, EA Sports can build very well on things but this seems like a whole new thing so I don't know what to expect.

And how about naming an NFS game: "Need For Speed Unlimited"? But I'm not sure it would work so well since Test Drive already took the Unlimited name.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

and you wonder why they have made NFS: Pro street on a track... Coz EA sports has made games with tracks such as so there is your answer there. Also my guess is Replay will be back since its on a track :) Fun fun :wink:
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Okay guys, went on to translate some part of the scan about the BMW crash. Can't be 100% correct though and some sentences are hard to understand.

Headline: BMW Raises Their Conditions.

BMW's symbol, finally already cover against Most Wanted. They however partly given the rights: when the car's last producer themselves cancelled almost integrally german's creation. All along this, providing gamers themselves support as such, which these not themselves and exceptionally secure. ---, not quality themselves though about couple upsets.

That's all about the picture of the BMW crash. Seems like it doesn't mention anything about the BMW being in NFS 2007.

And here's the translation for the picture with the RX-7 and RS4: "Spectators even view relays ongoing races in television."
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

SP4RCO wrote:what do you think about the Contiental GT or whatever other Bentley? they are nice superexotics and I think they can fit at this game.

and who cares about the name, the point is that game was good ;)
I think that the Continental GT or any other Bentley, for the first time in NFS, deserves to be in game. You are absolutely right... they're very nice hyper cars (I especially like the new Convertible version, the Continental GTC and the Flying Spur is nice too... ;) )
Good idea, pal! ;)
Fishwhiz wrote:it still looks ghetto, id rather pay full cost than pay half to cover it in staples and duct tape...
Yuck.. I agree, definitely, especially with Exotics, I wouldn't want my Murcielago's side skirts stitched (If that car has the possibility of being in the game, of which I am absolutely sure of, since NFS features Lamborghini almost all of the time, and Lamborghini has a really easygoing license, even for video game car crash damage on the Gallardo and the Murcielago).

Sure, the whole idea is pretty realistic, and I'd love the "Love Tap, Traded Paint, Brake Checked, etc." stuff in there, but please... also have the possibility of Full Fix (Turns out just like the minty way the car originally was).
BrontoX wrote:Ok it seems LaPierre is showing he is an idiot again and not listening to the community.
Who knows if LaPierre will be working on Pro Street or not? The only reason for why EA kept him as the Executive Producer for the last two games is because he was most successful (Made the most money for EA out of all other recent NFS games). So, don't worry just yet. ;)
Morty wrote:I think Pro Street sounds good, it reminds me of High Stakes (NFS4). And I don't see a big problem with EA Sports having a try at Need For Speed either, the biggest change will of course be that we move away from the streets, and on to the racing tracks. A little worried about that, could mean they've given up on the fight against TDU, but it could also mean they're working on a TDU competitor, which might be released around the same time as TDU2. If that's the case, I have a very bright future ahead of me. Street and race every second year could also be nice, and it could even improve the game quality.

As for the true NFS power... In my opinion, the NFS series has gone downhill since NFS Underground, and even tho MW was better than Carbon, I wasn't thrilled about it...
Yes, the NFS Series did descend at the Underground release, since the original "spirit" or TRUE power--as vegettoxp suggests--of the NFS series was lost. Don't mind if I add, but what makes you recall NFS4: High Stakes when you think of Pro Street? Is it just the name or something about the ideology of the game? I'm just curious, because I ABSOLUTELY loved that game.

Let's give EA Sports a chance... (If it's really true, since only the magazine scans have confirmed it), and hopefully, they'll come up with something that's good actually. Sure we may not have free roam, but high quality and vividly detailed race tracks aren't that bad, like Morty said. ;)
Porsche-AG wrote:Wait... there's a TDU2??? But I doubt that Pro Street will be a TDU competitor, because TDU is more for a realistic simulation and Pro Street is turning out to be a combination of Burnout (to some extent), Forza, and GT. But it definitely does not have elements from TDU, unless you consider the mostly-day cycle on Pro Street a copy of TDU.

And generally, EA Sports can build very well on things but this seems like a whole new thing so I don't know what to expect.

And how about naming an NFS game: "Need For Speed Unlimited"? But I'm not sure it would work so well since Test Drive already took the Unlimited name.
Well, TDU2 was announced a few weeks after TDU was actually released for the PC. And yes, Pro Street has some elements from TDU, like the 'realistic' mode mentioned in PLAY magazine, which reflects the Hardcore Mode of TDU.
race_invader wrote:and you wonder why they have made NFS: Pro street on a track... Coz EA sports has made games with tracks such as so there is your answer there. Also my guess is Replay will be back since its on a track :) Fun fun :wink:
EA Sports made that F1 Simulator featuring Ferrari, Michael Schumacher and all of the other F1 cars and racers, back in 2001 I believed, and they ceased production in 2003. They still make NASCAR.
ahmad0410 wrote:Okay guys, went on to translate some part of the scan about the BMW crash. Can't be 100% correct though and some sentences are hard to understand.

Headline: BMW Raises Their Conditions.

BMW's symbol, finally already cover against Most Wanted. They however partly given the rights: when the car's last producer themselves cancelled almost integrally german's creation. All along this, providing gamers themselves support as such, which these not themselves and exceptionally secure. ---, not quality themselves though about couple upsets.

That's all about the picture of the BMW crash. Seems like it doesn't mention anything about the BMW being in NFS 2007.
Wow... thanks a lot. This definitely gives lots of details. So.. does this mean that BMW will not have damage on their cars, because... they are 'exceptionally secure'? So, we conclude that the M3 GTR, started in MW, at the first sentence, but what does the rest really mean? I'm just guessing.. no Damage on BMW's, because the manufacturer.. quote: 'not quality themselves though about couple upsets.' ... the manufacturer being Bayern Motor Wagen (Bavaria Motor Works: BMW) may get upset about the damage...? Something strange, but we all do hope that BMW gets it to the final version of the game.
ahmad0410 wrote:And here's the translation for the picture with the RX-7 and RS4: "Spectators even view relays ongoing races in television."
This caption... the first thing I thought was the LIVE TV from PGR3 on X360 where players get to view the race matches! But maybe it defines as.. Replay? Nope.. it's the keyword: ongoing races. So, we might have that feature LIVE TV in NFS Pro Street! :D I'm loving the sound of this, though I'm not getting hyped up that much, it's just that, EA stole another feature. :lol: ... typical. ;)
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Well, it's relay though.. not replay. Hmm.. relay.. from what I know from that term is relay track running, where a runner passes a baton to anothe person to continue the run. Maybe its about tag team racing?

The magazine also mention that the game "appear somewhat like TOCA", something about the drivers, but not sure what. Also mention about "a better old muscle cars".

And from that last bit of info with the green and red boxes:

Pros: A lot of better interior tuning and autosculpt.
Cons: Lack of thrill and excitement.

And btw, YES, I mentioned interior up there.

Polish: "O wiele lepszy tuning wewnętrzny i autosculpt, nowe tryby jazdy."
English: "Wiele" meaning better/improved, tuning means tuning, and wewnętrzny being interior/internal.

Just my translation though, don't go around hoping its true as its coming from a different source than EA.

Return to “News”