NFSMW + Core 2 Duo

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

NFSMW + Core 2 Duo

Post by cywr »

So, having finished NFSU2, i install NFSMW on to my new machine (the Geforce 8800 makes such an amazing difference), in order to get that extra 10k for the first Golf. Patched to 1.3 naturaly (newest AFAIK).

Now, the game runs sweet on max settings, but sometimes for unknown reasons, it will slow down, the frame rate will drop to around 40 fps (from the 60s) enough for this game so not really a disaster, but despite this fps the game appears sluggish, and slightly jerky.
Mucking about with settings, i tried setting the speed.exe in the running process thingy, under affinity, to use only core 0, and set it to max piority (realtime), and this slow down never occurs under these settings.

I'm not 100%, but could it be possible that NFSMW sometimes acts wierd with a C2D processor? It could be something else for all i know.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Check the temperatures of your graphics card and processor when the slow-down occurs, maybe there is some overheating going on.
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

I looked there aready, my new GFX card goes from 52 C idle to 56 on load without breaking a sweat. Besides, the slowdowns are seemingly random. It will slow down whilst i'm roaming around, and then i enter a race and its fine. Hell sometimes just hitting escape, and then going back again fixes it, but in the middle of the race you just don't want tha to happen.

Edit:
Found this, which seems to confirm my suspisions:
http://www.tweakguides.com/NFSMW_8.html

Odd that. Still, let it be known that there is a fix.
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

Hmm, its still there here somewhat. When i check the CPU cores the temp is in the 40s, lower 50s tops, and the GFX card is at its highest 62 degrees,
Odd, the FPS is great, but there is this sluggishness that is wierd.

Return to “Help & Support”