GC07: New gameplay video

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: GC07: New gameplay video

Post by Danyutz »

yes you can restart, but the race only AFAIK, Bojan said that even if you restart the race and your car suffered some damage, the race will restart but the car still "wearing" the damage.
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Here's a new gameplay video with the Skyline this time with sound.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 99200.html
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

great find, wickid engine sound, tuner baby :D
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

danyutz wrote:yes you can restart, but the race only AFAIK, Bojan said that even if you restart the race and your car suffered some damage, the race will restart but the car still "wearing" the damage.
That does not sound like HS IMO . . I want the restart option gone :^o . . . ok . . let it stay . . I wont use it :^o :^o . . fine! I will if it is necessary . . no one minds . . cause I am the main character in my game :lol:

Did you guys see the speed meter in the trailer? . . it has the ABS SM n TC . . . flashes when active . . cool stuff :D

edit: yay! I am Turbo Charged!, hated being a ricer, was an embarrassment . . how much to be the drift king again? . . dont tell tis more than 100 :shock:
Skyline_man wrote:250 if i remember correctly, and dont be spamming around. :wink:
hope I don't get too busy . . 250 . . that's a painful target . . so, I like Turbo Charged more than Drift King :lol:
Last edited by maniksdi on 28 Aug 2007, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:
danyutz wrote:yay! I am Turbo Charged!, hated being a ricer, was an embarrassment . . how much to be the drift king again? . . dont tell tis more than 100 :shock:
250 if i remember correctly, and dont be spamming around. :wink:

Now back on topic.
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

I'm getting PS for PS2. I know it might be better graphics or such things at 360 and stuff, but it usually ain't any difference but the graphics. I'll even buy my self a steering wheel with pedals (USB) so i can play both on PS2 and PC (If I decide to get it on PC to, if I wanna make cars and post them here. I have always played a PlayStation, so I ain't leaving the good ol' PS2 because it got a little bit more crappy GFX than the 360. A friend of mine had a 360. He had Guitar Hero 2 in the disk drive, while plugging in the internet cable (or something), it fell over (it was standing), and that made the most awfull scratch in the CD, pluss it now takes forever to load a CD without using a CD cleaner...
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

This question is aimed at carbon13!!!
Can I get a valid reason why replays have been dropped? :(
carbon13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by carbon13 »

We love replay. We wanted replay. We worked on replay for a long, long time. However, all of the new technology this year: physics, procedural damage, performance customization and visuals took up a lot of time and most of our best minds. We can't get everything into every game and this year we couldn't deliver replay in a way that was cool enough for the game. We aren't interested in shipping a half baked feature. So, we'll keep working on it and I'm sure we'll get it into a future NFS the way it should be done.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Thanks for the quick response :D . I don't think there should be a racing game without replays,especially without the ability to save. But maybe if you guys would just stop releasing a NFS a year, maybe um………….. just maybe we could get a better game. BTW Perfect shift= wheelie in drag mode 100% of the time? If that is the case…………NOOOOoooooooooo Plz don’t do that.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

yeah . . keeping the work half complete would be too unprofessional for EA . . the shadow system in carbon is one basic way to capture the replay . . but getting the damage, visual changes, car mods . . multiply that with the number of opponents must take a huge pile of coding to create or it would take up tons of HDD space . . . count the real time needed to create the save and playback it must be really tough . . . I donno anything about professional game-making . . but I can guess so much . . imagine the real hassles that I failed to imagine :lol: . . that is why I am not mad at em for the option . . . . . still . . thnx to JD for explaining the problem in person . . . . and I want one NFS every year . . waiting longer can be punishing IMO XD
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

carbon13 wrote:We love replay. We wanted replay. We worked on replay for a long, long time. However, all of the new technology this year: physics, procedural damage, performance customization and visuals took up a lot of time and most of our best minds. We can't get everything into every game and this year we couldn't deliver replay in a way that was cool enough for the game. We aren't interested in shipping a half baked feature. So, we'll keep working on it and I'm sure we'll get it into a future NFS the way it should be done.

fair enough, thanks for the answer.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I guess it is but, im just saying do we really need a NFS every year? I can wait if it means I get a better game in the end.
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Photo mode was a half baked feature. Was that intentional? (Oh please don't kill me, I know you're going to agree with me)
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

We can get a game every year and still better games every time. All they have to do is change more that 25% of the game. Like they did from hp2 to U and from C to PS.
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!

Return to “News”