American Muscle or something more exotic??

Dragster hangout for all drag related discussions, including top times, best setups...
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

American Muscle or something more exotic??

Post by Tsarg »

I wonder what most people will be riding in the Drag circuits.

I for one will be riding a mean Camaro SS, so i guess you could consider me an american muscle driver, but i know many of you out there are probably planning to take some more exotic vehicles (or even Japanese) to the track.

I chose the SS for its look, its performance and for being one of the first real american muscle cars to face the mustang in real drag races.

Post your favourite ride for Drag here and tell us why you chose it.

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Lancer_kid
Ricer
Ricer

Re: American Muscle or something more exotic??

Post by Lancer_kid »

Id save an exotic for speed challenge but i would race a Charger for drag or maybe a Mustang GT :D
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Lancer_kid wrote:Id save an exotic for speed challenge but i would race a Charger for drag or maybe a Mustang GT :D
I would LOVE to race my 67 Camaro SS against the 67 Mustang Shelby although im sure the GT wil lmake a great oponent too. That would be a race worth watching. Hope to catch ya in game bro. Lets make Drag racing earn the hearts of people by showing them what it's all about.

Hope to hear from some other Draggers about their rides!!!

Dragin' is my crack!!!
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Corolla....FTW!!!
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

me even though im a JDM guy my first drag choice would be a Chevelle SS454. If that didnt work out it would be a 1000hp Skyline GTR :mrgreen:
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

viper16 wrote:me even though im a JDM guy my first drag choice would be a Chevelle SS454. If that didnt work out it would be a 1000hp Skyline GTR :mrgreen:
I like the chevelle, nice power and with just some more addons it makes a huge drag car.

Im very excited about the possibilities that NFSPS will bring to the drag scene. Since the second i saw the trailer of that hemi against the mazda i almost broke my jaw.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

500-700hp civic if possible :D or a supra 800-1000hp :twisted:
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

The way this thread is going i believe that most of the people will avoid the american muscle and focus more on japanese cars.

Lets see how that turns out in the tracks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dragin' is my crack!!!
DaCoR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DaCoR »

For me its the 67 Shelby Mustang GT500 for drag.. I've just been in love with the car ever since i first saw it. REAL American Muscle :D
Love cars forever.. <3 xD
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Its good to find people with good taste when it comes to drag racing :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dragin' is my crack!!!
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

american muscle
the VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Hmmm...... i dont know if i would classify the Viper into the american muscle category, i had the impression that the viper was more of a sports car rather than muscle. However it will be very interesting to see how a viper fares in a drag track. Lots of HP and im sure those babies will fly like an eagle. They will need a good driver too of course :P

Dragin' is my crack!!!
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

Chevelle SS454 would be one of my first choices.

i would also love to drag a 69 camaro ss.

corvette stingrays look pretty sick as drag cars too, but the chevelle is just sexy :twisted:
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

driverx15 wrote:corvette stingrays look pretty sick as drag cars too, but the chevelle is just sexy :twisted:
Indeed it is man. Chevelle is a great car and a legendary muscle. Im just glad they were added to this game as well as their villain the mustang :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Im sure we will be seing many Camaro SS vs Mustang and Chevelle SS vs Mustang battles in the drag circuits.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

chevelle or old pontiac GTO.
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

Nomally I prefer exotics over muscle cars, but drag racing is something different.
Remembering one of the last scenes of the Fast and the Furious, the drag race between the black muscle car and the supra, i'd definetly go for the muscle car.
Seeing that car making a wheelie is just amazing! Can't wait to try that ingame.
Although the wheelies i've seen in movies from an RX-7 for example looked kinda fake :/
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

I am crossing my fingers for EA to add a wheelie bar, cause even though the wheelies will be something amazing, i think in time it will just become something annoying.

Hope to see ya at the track mate.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
mANGo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mANGo »

I know that muscle cars are the best in drag race mode...but first i will try a powerfull japanese car (think that a rx7 or a eclipse with 2000hp if it's possibile :lol: )
If this is not working in front of you Tsarg i will try the Camaro. Camaro looks sexy,and it is a true muscle car...but remember that "rɘact" is coming from Japan...
rɘact organization member
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

mANGo wrote:If this is not working in front of you Tsarg i will try the Camaro. Camaro looks sexy,and it is a true muscle car...but remember that "rɘact" is coming from Japan...
Hey dont get me wrong Im not a very big fan of japanese cars, but that doesnt mean that im not up for people using them in drag races. Im sure a good tuned japanese car could make a hell of a drag oponent and im up for any challenges.

First i will have to see if i can dominate the controls for the drag racing and then practice and practice and practices even more to be the best i can.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
kernalbean
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kernalbean »

I would definently have to go with a Ford any day. I'm am loyal to Ford (last name is Ford 8) ) but when it comes to American muscle, as long as it's a big block bored out to hell, I'll drive it :mrgreen:

03 Mustang GT FTW!
mANGo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mANGo »

Tsarg wrote:
mANGo wrote:If this is not working in front of you Tsarg i will try the Camaro. Camaro looks sexy,and it is a true muscle car...but remember that "rɘact" is coming from Japan...
First i will have to see if i can dominate the controls for the drag racing and then practice and practice and practices even more to be the best i can.
i will practice all the winter Tsarg :shock: Drag is my life but for now i'm sad cus i don't have a pc anymore i have just a laptop but i will buy the best pc on 15-20 December...until then i have to listen from you all how is the game :(
rɘact organization member
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Well ill be getting my game the first week of december so we will not be very distant in the way of getting the game. I still have a little hope that it might arrive a bit earlier but that just depends on two factors:

1) The shipping company
2) pure raw luck

I hope those two factors combine to give me a huge satisfaction before december arrives, cause on december 17th im leaving on holidays for a month, which means no PC until January 14th or so.

Cheers!!! :P
Dragin' is my crack!!!
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

Hmm, if possible i'd love to try an make a 500hp Lotus Elise, if that doesn't work out, (which it probably wont), then i'll try some JDM's like rx-7 or skyline, then muscle cars would be my last choice, probably a Camaro. But if i could get 500hp into an Elise, well, that might even be too much power for it since it's so light lol, i dunno that'd just be a sick car if it worked.
icantfindmye-brake
Ricer
Ricer

Post by icantfindmye-brake »

I would use the '55 Chevy Bel Air since is not in the game i will use 1967 Chevrolet Corvette C2 (Sting Ray). I'm not a fan of a american muscle (i was =D) but this Corvette is very nice and i think the aerodynamics are better then on the other american muscle car (Camaro SS,Chevelle SS...) and i will not use an euro or a japnese car to drag. The drag was born in america and no other cars are better for drag than american muscle cars.
Warboy
Stock
Stock

Post by Warboy »

Tsarg wrote:I am crossing my fingers for EA to add a wheelie bar, cause even though the wheelies will be something amazing, i think in time it will just become something annoying.

Hope to see ya at the track mate.

Wheelies are very annoying at 962hp / fully tuned Charger R/T I can do the all 1/4 drag with a wheelie, its when I can't turn its annoying, since there is so much torque behind my charger that it twist hitting 4 gear.

Return to “The Dragstrip”