Performance Tuning Tips

Performance tuner hangout for discussion related to performance tuning and blueprints.
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Performance Tuning Tips

Post by emp3ror86 »

I thought we should create topic where we can share tuning tips, advices and experiences.
As I have seen there are many player who don't know much about it so we could post some basic information about e.g. what is important for a grip, drift, drag, speed car, etc.
The performance tuning part of Pro Street is still a secret, but I hope it's going to be really realistic with many oppurtinities and options so it will worth spending nights tuning one ride to find the best setup.
Do you agree? :)
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Performance Tuning Tips

Post by Tsarg »

I second the motion. I for one am someone who doesnt have any REAL racing experience and from what i have gathered through interviews, videos, reviews and previews of the game, apparently this year the game looks a lot like real life tunning.

I will be thrilled if someone could start giving us advice and maybe share a few "Rookie" blueprints with some general features for each kind of car as soon as the game hits the shelves.

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

Tsarg wrote:I second the motion. I for one am someone who doesnt have any REAL racing experience and from what i have gathered through interviews, videos, reviews and previews of the game, apparently this year the game looks a lot like real life tunning.

I will be thrilled if someone could start giving us advice and maybe share a few "Rookie" blueprints with some general features for each kind of car as soon as the game hits the shelves.
I agree, No real experience here but...gaming i'm good and got a few ideas on how to tune well. I would mainly balance my car's n-gen parts unless i need THAT car for a specific style of racing. I usually keep the engine parts balanced, turbo set @ low RPM, rarely use nitrous, tires usually are grip, steering's tight.
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

hah carbon tuning :P

Most stupides car tune ewer i mean about game how tune car.

I dont think there will be some realistyc tuning process in game but
I want see there more realystic than posible.
Hope its will be hard to tune cause after this NFS's what was before
only in underground, underground 2 was ahrd to tune cars for good racing.
Also there was working turbo, in other NFS's turbo doesnt work good.

What about thread idea+1 YEah alot of peopels here not good in mechanic and
we will help them. Now we are organization we all together so we should help ich other.
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Rouse wrote:
Tsarg wrote:I second the motion. I for one am someone who doesnt have any REAL racing experience and from what i have gathered through interviews, videos, reviews and previews of the game, apparently this year the game looks a lot like real life tunning.

I agree, No real experience here but...gaming i'm good and got a few ideas on how to tune well. I would mainly balance my car's n-gen parts unless i need THAT car for a specific style of racing. I usually keep the engine parts balanced, turbo set @ low RPM, rarely use nitrous, tires usually are grip, steering's tight.
What's the point in setting turbo to low RPM? When U race you keep the engine at high RPM, so that is where you need boost.
If the game would be so realistic that you can tune (in case of a twinturbo motor) the turbos separately, then there would be point setting one turbo for low, one for high RPM. But if you got just one, you should be close to the high end.
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

pigi wrote:hah carbon tuning :P

Most stupides car tune ewer i mean about game how tune car.

I dont think there will be some realistyc tuning process in game but
I want see there more realystic than posible.
Hope its will be hard to tune cause after this NFS's what was before
only in underground, underground 2 was ahrd to tune cars for good racing.
Also there was working turbo, in other NFS's turbo doesnt work good.

What about thread idea+1 YEah alot of peopels here not good in mechanic and
we will help them. Now we are organization we all together so we should help ich other.
Well, I hope there will be. And I agree, I want as realistic as life is.

And you got the point! We are an organization, we gotta stick together. 8)
We can defeat other orgs only if we work as a team. And I definitely want to defeat the others :twisted:
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

I keep it like that because i don't win most of my races on pure speed. now i'm not a car expert but doesn't having a low set turbo mean you'll climb up to high speeds quicker but once you're at a certain point it'd take longer to keep climbing? if so, i keep it set low because in between weaving on sharp turns you have to break, and if i'm not wrong, wouldn't that mean that it could get you back up to speed quicker?
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

From what i understand a low RPM turbo setting is very useful for races where you have to break continuously, like races where there are too many curves that they do not let you reach top speed at any point.

Going out of a curve with a lot of acceleration and power since the start couldmean you pass someone.

Am i right or am i just making this up?? :? :? :?

Cheers!! :P
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

yeah thats what i was thinking, plus isn't react grip races? so wouldn't you want it set low on a react couse?
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Well from what i understand the name REACT was given to NFSUnlimited just because every major NFS site was given one of the organizations in the game. That doesnt limit REACT to be only grip races in the online mode. If it was like that then i would be migrating to battlemachine since my racing is mostly based on Drag Racing.

The way i understand it, there will be all kind of cars accepted and all kinds of races to be performed by the REACT organization. If the majority of the races turn out to be Grip races because its the most popular race mode in the game then so be it.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

I just thought the actual organization reAct was based off of grip races.. idk. lol we'll find out exactly what's what when the game comes out.
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

if react will be only for gripers then i will go to noise bomb :/
I think we will alowed to drift to race and etc.
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

reACT - General - us
Battlemachine - General - EA
Super Promotion - General - ND4SPDWorld
GEffect - Grip - NFSCars
Noise Bomb - Drift - NFSPlanet
Rogue Speed - Drag - NFSAddons
NItrocide - Speedchallenge - Racerplanet

Just to clear stuff up.
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

Many thanks for that
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Rouse wrote:I keep it like that because i don't win most of my races on pure speed. now i'm not a car expert but doesn't having a low set turbo mean you'll climb up to high speeds quicker but once you're at a certain point it'd take longer to keep climbing? if so, i keep it set low because in between weaving on sharp turns you have to break, and if i'm not wrong, wouldn't that mean that it could get you back up to speed quicker?
That's correct, you are right. I just do it differently, cuz I wanna have the oppurtunity to go fast, so I just shift back at turns.
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Tsarg wrote:From what i understand a low RPM turbo setting is very useful for races where you have to break continuously, like races where there are too many curves that they do not let you reach top speed at any point.

Going out of a curve with a lot of acceleration and power since the start couldmean you pass someone.

Am i right or am i just making this up?? :? :? :?

Cheers!! :P
T put it in a bit simplier, turbo set for low RPM useful when you are doing a technival map, with a lots of curves and need really good accelration. So you are right:)
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rouse »

Thanks. It's just my style of racing- I don't try to blow past my opponents with raw speed, i try to out turn them on EVERY corner.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

ill give u all some of my advice. no matter what car u use for drag it needs to be LOW to the ground for better downforce. For grip races it is not all about power it is about proper balance. why do u think a Trueno can beat a GTR on a Touge its because of balance.
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

lol tshuichias words :P haha
but yes u right big power jsut give big torque on light weight car ure tyres jsut will spin and car will stay on 1 place :/
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Rouse wrote:Thanks. It's just my style of racing- I don't try to blow past my opponents with raw speed, i try to out turn them on EVERY corner.
U R right, but what about tracks with long straight sections as well? There you gotta be fast. I think creating the best grip car will be the most difficult task in this game :)
What car do U wanna use?
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

pigi wrote:lol tshuichias words :P haha
but yes u right big power jsut give big torque on light weight car ure tyres jsut will spin and car will stay on 1 place :/
Not if you got an AWD car :wink:
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

emp3ror86 wrote:I think creating the best grip car will be the most difficult task in this game :)
I agree. Although i think mastering something that "seems" as simple as drag racing could be a little more tricky. The thing about drag racing will be mastering the timing and of course managing to set up your car for 1/2 and 1/4 of mile since the set up of your car should be completely different.

emp3ror86 wrote:What car do U wanna use?
For grip i will most likely use a Golf GTI or maybe a BMW. Since grip is not my first mode i am not closing myself into which car i will use. I will try all the cars i can so i can make up my mind a bout it, but yes, most likely the Golf GTI or a BMW M3.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Tsarg wrote:I agree. Although i think mastering something that "seems" as simple as drag racing could be a little more tricky. The thing about drag racing will be mastering the timing and of course managing to set up your car for 1/2 and 1/4 of mile since the set up of your car should be completely different.

For grip i will most likely use a Golf GTI or maybe a BMW. Since grip is not my first mode i am not closing myself into which car i will use. I will try all the cars i can so i can make up my mind a bout it, but yes, most likely the Golf GTI or a BMW M3.

In other race modes you know what is more important: downforce or drag. At grip you gotta find balance between them. Not talking about other things to set...

I think especially in grip the AWD cars will rule. EVOs, WRX, Skyline, probably Nissan GT-R.
The EVO and the Subaru like the Skyline were designed for racetracks. They got the best AWD systems so those must be the best for grip. Or in reality they are :D Can't wait to try it out in game.
RedRevolver
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RedRevolver »

Yeah, rally cars FTW WRX and EVO are sick cars I can't wait to get 'em both. AWD is a good bonus too xD
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

It really depends on the AWD system too...every AWD car is different on different conditions... (damn,I really should get my lazy ass up and post those articles I talked about long ago...I guess highschool keeps me busy :lol: )

ps:ill just say...pure AWD,without any kind of electronical control system,makes the car understeery and very very crappy at cornering (even a fixed 10-90 f/r setup just fux0rs up handling,they REALLY need programmed traction control systems when it comes to cornering and handling...)

Return to “The Garage”