Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by MrEff »

danyutz - I didn't think the NSX was in the game, is it a bonus car or something?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

its a collectors edition car, you can either pay $10 for it to get that and 4 other cars, or you can type in "unlockallthings" in code entry and get it for free, but you have to do it every time you start the game to have them in the carlot.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Even if you play on King difficulty, the AI is still monkeys behind the wheel. They could have atleast given the AI some form of driving intelect.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:Even if you play on King difficulty, the AI is still monkeys behind the wheel. They could have atleast given the AI some form of driving intelect.
At least there's no CATCHUP...so say thanks for that :roll:
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

xturbo wrote:
Lan.Evo.III wrote:Even if you play on King difficulty, the AI is still monkeys behind the wheel. They could have atleast given the AI some form of driving intelect.
Atleast Catchup would make it a little more challenging, I am using some of the worst cars money can buy, and still winning. Hell, sometimes I even use the pre-grip tuned 240SX, just for the sake of it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

MrEff wrote:danyutz - I didn't think the NSX was in the game, is it a bonus car or something?
yes, as Fishwiz said :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:
xturbo wrote:
Atleast Catchup would make it a little more challenging, I am using some of the worst cars money can buy, and still winning. Hell, sometimes I even use the pre-grip tuned 240SX, just for the sake of it.
But then you would be probably complaining: "DAMN EA for creating the catch-up..." and cursing when a damn AI driving a super-powered catching-up Civic against your lvl 3 Evo X sticks to your tail, and then the fault is from EA for inserting the catch up thing again... :wink:

IMHO, EA's philosophy is like "there is" catchup or NOT. I still prefer 762958376982576 times not having catchup in the game...I don't want to see a low profile car beating up my lvl3 GTR Proto in which I spent time and $ to tune up :?

Also, what's the whole idea? to BE OWNED or TO OWN a racer(s) ?? :roll:
vborovic
Stock
Stock

Post by vborovic »

I'm now on 54% of the game, beaten Monroe (Drag King) wit a Zonda... unbeatable with that car... :D ... But, I'm really struggling through ther rest of the game...

My Grip car is a BMW M3 E92, fully tuned, and it's like Levels 2/3/4.... You've gotta be kidding me... I can't upgrade it more, the car has grip, I'll give it that but the speed is terrible... Any ideas? Maybe I'm missing sth here...

Also, for the Speed Race, I'm driving a Ford GT, and can't win any race, it's fast al right, but very unstable at high speeds...

And lastly, the Showdown King, can't beat him on the first race... He's too fast and too good.. The way I see it, the only way to beat him on the Speeds is to total him, hammer him into a tree or sth.. Did it 2 times, but after 2 corners got my self totaled... :^o

Not very sporty, but it's worht a shot... I don't want to try cheats, no fun in that... But the game is nice to pass an hour or two...

So, you drivers out there, any ideas to help me out here? [-o<
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

vborovic,

go to this page for the peoples best cars in their opinion, my suggestions are also there!

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15481

Crozzers
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

My current issue with the game is the shaky cam on the high speed runs. Thanks to this precise control at speed becomes next to impossible, which is extremely useful.
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

My personal opinon of this game is as follows:

Yes it is a good game, hell it's a great game, however, it lacks variety with autosculpt.
I mean there is barly any Body kits, minimal full car decals & vinals.. yet hundreds of wheels.

Even so EA decided we needed a choice of 3 stage 1 engines, 3 stage 2 engines, 3 stage 3 engines... 3 stage 1 drive trains.. you get my point, when in fact, other than the name (which is not noticeble once purchased) there is no visible differnce..

I could nit pick for literraly hours but you know where i'm going with this and what I am saying.

To sum up I just feel the game as a whole is half-assed and not complete. If they spent another 3 months finishing the game properly insted of rushing it out for the X-mas market and the November rush of games; We could of had the best NFS yet.

(an example of un-finished work perhaps... stage 1 wheels... stage 1 body kits.. stage 1 hoods, maybe they were going to give us more & better customization later in game with stage 2,3 &4 but couldn't be bothered? who knows...)

Don't get me wrong tho, this game's dynamics and how it plays is extra-ordinary!

One last note.. my car does a perfect barrel roll in the air and lands on its wheels perfectly and they decide that means it's totalled?! anyone else find this outrageous? so now I'm pissed off.. and they think it would be funny to make me watch it in slow motion and force it to be un-skippable? absolute nutters...

Lots more to say but your probally bored and it has most likely all been said before...

oh.. my personal favourite NFS is MW =]

Crozzers
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Well I'm wired on Rockstar, and I'm pretty bored as it has just started raining and the 360 is occupied, so why not write a full review of NFS Pro Street?

I'll start off with the overall style and feel of Pro Street. I really like the concept of the professional street racing scene on closed tracks. EA finally gave us a break from the Fast and the Furious type feel onto something more professional which is a great step, but still needs work. The visuals in the game are nice at times, plenty of different color variations and such when you go from one racing organization to the next, so your eyes never get bored. But I found the massive inflatables and blimps parked trackside a little ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like I'm racing in a magical imaginary land. Either that, or I ate some shrooms before I got in my car. Anyways, aside from the childish visuals, the car show area and the tracks were setup pretty nicely.

Onto the sounds of the game, let's start off with the good ones first. The car sound effects are amazing in my opinion. The engine sounds are great; you can hear your turbo spool up, the blow off valve go off, etc. I've been to a few drift and auto-x events myself, and Pro Street does a great job of replicating the sounds of the cars. The redlining, down shifting, and tire screeching all sound amazing. Now onto the announcer. That damn announcer... At first, it was kind of neat. And the sound of him while driving was well done, you can hear him at different parts of the track as you pass the speakers. But it wasn't long until I was sick of their voices, and I ended up muting them, or turning the volume way down. You know what else I turned off? The freakin' music. Damn, EA knows how to pick 'em [/sarcasm]. Every time you finish a race: "yyYYYEAAHHHHH you know you want it, you know you need it yyyyYYYEAHHHHH". Oh you know the song I'm talking about. Doesn't get more annoying than that. So basically my audio levels look like this:

Engine Sounds 100
Sound Effects 100
Music 0
Announcer 25

Ok, onto actually gameplay. I'll break it down by race types. First, regular 'ol grip racing. Grip (or circuit) racing is my favorite type of racing, so I was looking forward to Pro Street's new physics and whatnot. I was impressed in some parts, and disappointed in others. In my first few races, I thought it was great. My 240sx handled somewhat predictably, with a little understeer here and there. I especially liked how the car's weight shifted going from corner to corner. As I started earning some money, I decided to buy me a new grip car: A nice Evolution IX. Can't go wrong with that, right? Wrong. This car could not handle worth crap on tight corners. The physics were pretty ridiculous at this point. I would come to an almost complete stop to make a hairpin turn, and with my wheels turned all the way in, coasting at about 5 mph, my car would just go straight to the outside of the turn lightly tapping a wall or rolling onto the grass. And when I tried to accelerate through, my car would either oversteer into the wall or understeer even more. Right when I was about to throw my controller out the window, I discovered a key part to the game: Tuning. Some suspension upgrades and some stiffening of the springs, etc. did the trick. I'm still not satisfied with the physics of this mode. They don't feel very realistic, and it takes a lot of practice to master and look decent on the track. This goes for drift as well.

Being a pretty big drift fan, I was excited the new and improved drift mode of NFS Pro Street. It's pretty much what I expected from what I saw before playing. A LOT better than previous NFS games, but still lacking. This mode was hard at first, but once you figure out how to transfer from turn to turn using throttle control, it gets much easier and more fun. I've messed around with these cars so far: 240sx (best control), S15 (similar to 240, a little harder), 350z (seems too heavy and hard to control), and an RX-7 (one of the best with some tuning). Some cars are just hard to control, and others are ridiculously easy. I think it's the pre-tuned black Chevelle you can choose in multiplayer mode where you can pretty much just floor it and steer and drift the whole track easily.

Next, and probably my least favorite, speed challenge (challenge being a key word). It might be just me, but my only chance of winning these is if half the drivers total their cars. One of the biggest problems I have is trying to avoid the other cars at such high speeds. I dunno how many times I've totaled my car from trying to avoid those damn AI cars. It would be nice if they gave you some room, or maybe if we could start the race in the front of the field instead of the back all the time. Another big problem I have with this mode is the twitchy steering. No matter how smooth I try to steer, I can't seem to keep my car on the road. I'm sure if I had some more patience to learn the turns on each track and practiced more, I could have some fun with this mode. But as of now, it's just too frustrating for me.

Finally, one of the more popular modes, drag. I can't say too many bad things about this mode. The wheelies can be ridiculous at times, and a wheelie bar would be nice. Some cars seem impossible to control after coming down from a wheelie... Hm, maybe get rid of wheelies and there wouldn't be many flaws. Although wheelie competitions can be fun. One small thing that annoys me, is when you see a RWD car rolling up to the line, and you can see the rear wheels locked up and the front wheels pulling the rear wheels as if it was FWD. #-o Anyways, besides those few things, the drag mode is pretty dang fun.

And now... Online play. #-o What. An. Embarrassment. I can't even have fun playing this game online. During grip races, the other player's cars as well as the AI's cars are hopping and sliding all over the place. There have been times where I'm driving behind someone that is doing flips in the air and parts flying everywhere, then all of the sudden, they are right-side-up again and way ahead of me... Keep in mind that my bars are always green, and most of the time so are the other player's, so there shouldn't be a lag issue. So much for "REVOLUTIONARY ONLINE PLAY". Maybe EA should learn the basics of online racing before trying to revolutionize it. Drag racing and drifting are do-able, but any other modes are horrible.

Well, that killed about 30 minutes, I'm gonna go see if the 360 is open. :lol:

I might add to this as I think of other things. Even though I doubt many people will read all of this...
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

Zero260 wrote: I might add to this as I think of other things. Even though I doubt many people will read all of this...
I did ^^

I agree with pretty much everything you said they mate, nicely put.

Revolutionize online play.. if thats what they call this then we are all screwed I tell ya..
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Zero260 wrote:So much for "REVOLUTIONARY ONLINE PLAY".
Forza... Only racing game SO FAR that has earned it's online races.

But other than that, I completely agree. The Speed Challenges are total crap, because the AI cant tell the accelorator from their ***. And the physics in it, I have my roll bars stiff, my steering ratio at stiff, and still, I try to take a slight left corner, in an AWD and hit a wall on the left, total my car, lose a marker, and try again.
Last edited by Lan.Evo.III on 04 Dec 2007, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
chq-
Stock
Stock

Post by chq- »

totally disappointed to the game. drifting sucks hard because u can't get control to the car at all it just goes where it wants to, drifting is more easy in real life!!! and grip races... u just cant turn well no matter what car or how much horsepower it has. usually in high powered cars the car oversteers really badly!! but in this game it doesnt oversteer at all. *begins to play carbon again*
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

lol my elise oversteers a LOT in every turn :D
actually had to tune it out to make it a good car
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

Has anyone else played the Juiced 2 demo? Amazingly it has more visual customization options then ProStreet per car, which is surprising. However the reason I mention it is because it feels like what ProStreet should have. Give it a try, you'll find that it's more responsive, especially in drift.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

chq- wrote:*begins to play carbon again*
Fail
MrEff wrote:Has anyone else played the Juiced 2 demo? Amazingly it has more visual customization options then ProStreet per car, which is surprising. However the reason I mention it is because it feels like what ProStreet should have. Give it a try, you'll find that it's more responsive, especially in drift.
Even more fail.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I take it you're not a fan of the Juiced games then?
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

MrEff wrote:I take it you're not a fan of the Juiced games then?

haha, somethink gives me that feeling too :P shame he didn't give his insite tho, I have always been temtped by juiced games but have never actually bought one :S

Any opinions on Juiced 2? (sorry if this is offtopic :P feel free to mail me at crozzers@hotmail.co.uk if it is a decent sized post and you don't wanna go off-topic)

Crozzers
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've only played the demo of the second one, so I can't comment on the rest of the series but it does feel like the older NFS games in terms of control. It's worth a look, I mean, the demo doesn't cost anything to download.
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

MrEff wrote:I've only played the demo of the second one, so I can't comment on the rest of the series but it does feel like the older NFS games in terms of control. It's worth a look, I mean, the demo doesn't cost anything to download.
This is true :) will give it a go tomorro evening if I get time - cheers =]
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Crozzers wrote:

haha, somethink gives me that feeling too :P shame he didn't give his insite tho, I have always been temtped by juiced games but have never actually bought one :S

Any opinions on Juiced 2? (sorry if this is offtopic :P feel free to mail me at crozzers@hotmail.co.uk if it is a decent sized post and you don't wanna go off-topic)

Crozzers
Well...is this a forum about JUICED 2 or NFS SERIES...especifically PRO STREET? :roll:

Pro Street is for the real NFS player...that's for sure :^o
AtaSu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AtaSu »

I gota ask this qustion, why the hell nfs ps dosent got a free roam mode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :evil:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Crozzers wrote:

Crozzers
if you search lower on the forums, you'll find the Games area, inside you can find the Juiced2 thread.

Return to “ProStreet”