Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by GLoPJe »

AtaSu wrote:I gota ask this qustion, why the hell nfs ps dosent got a free roam mode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :evil:
would be awesome if it had one
drifting ur driftcar in the city or in ur drag car on the highway something like that would be awesome

but when I look at almsot all EA games i can see one thing they only think about....Money :? .
always unfinished :x
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Let's see here.
Legal racing, taken to the streets with a free roam, is it so legal anymore? Did you ever think they might be SLOWLY going back to what made NFS great? The closed circuit racing. One can dream.

Free roam was the worst part of UG2, MW and Carbon. It's pointless, and boring, it's a racing game, not a game for driving around the city with cops chasing you.
Crozzers
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Crozzers »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:Let's see here.
Legal racing, taken to the streets with a free roam, is it so legal anymore? Did you ever think they might be SLOWLY going back to what made NFS great? The closed circuit racing. One can dream.

Free roam was the worst part of UG2, MW and Carbon. It's pointless, and boring, it's a racing game, not a game for driving around the city with cops chasing you.
I am afraid sire there are literally thousands and thousands of people who will diss-agree with you here mate.

In MW free roam was one of the best things in the game (and it was a all round bloody good game aswell)

@danyutz thanks will check it out

Crozzers
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:Free roam was the worst part of UG2, MW and Carbon. It's pointless, and boring, it's a racing game, not a game for driving around the city with cops chasing you.
Truthfully speaking, you can't really complain. I think EA sees 2 demands here.

One is when they released UG1 and players gave suggestions that it'd be cool to have free roam. After all, it is 'underground' racing. What's fun without free roam? That's when they got the idea of following up the UG series and developed UG2. Though I must be honest with you, I was one of the players who wanted free roaming, and I never expected EA to give such a let down free roaming city.

Two is when after they released UG2 and players suggested that they want cops in free roam to make this underground street racing perfect; free roam street racing, PLUS cops. Illegal street racing + law = Perfect street racing game.

Hence, because of this, EA released MW to meet our needs. And if EA wants to make cut, EA has to listen to us.

I hope I'm making sense..
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I'm hoping that Ea go back the the Most Wanted formula, nothing beats a good police chase in the Lamborghini.
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

umm lemme think

Hot Pursuit 2, underground 1 and Prostreet blend it together and put a free roam in it :lol:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Race Day + free roam = ?

Nah.. I can't imagine. :P
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

Like a TXRD style. Sanctioned racing during the day, and illegal racing at night?
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Got the game today and my god the muscle cars have som crazy acceleration.
shu_0036
Drift King
Drift King

My Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by shu_0036 »

OK, ummm....
:arrow: Too many bugs...
Flegmatica wrote: Image
Or this????
But i don't care about that bug, I don't see my front bumper oftenly in race mode..
shu_0036 wrote: ImageImageImage
But this one is preety annoying... :x

:arrow: & we can see 16 unfinished cars in CARS folder.
Did EA really finished this game?? It is better for me to wait for a longer time than got those bugs + can't modify some (unfinished) car. Uhh #-o

:arrow: The story & gameplay...
Lexusscorpion wrote:The story or concept are realy boring, you drive track after track after track and so on... i get pretty board after a few tracks. I miss the free roaming and the races in the streets. Now it's just another boring racesimulator like all racesimulators. The free roaming was what made NFS unik i think.
Agree... really boring... & no free roam make it more boring,,, :(

:arrow: The Bodykits set
TurboK20EKHatch wrote:I watched a few of the preview videos and they went on and on about it making it out to be better than any other NFS out their but I mean come on... 3 crappy looking body kits and 1 super crappy wide body kit for every car in the game,
AGREE!!! just 4 custom autosculpt bodykits for each car??? very small sellection... NFS Carbon have more than 3 bk & 1 wbk, and we can choose different autosculpt front & rear bumper & skirt. Is this one is improvement ?? :-s

:arrow: More race type, but...
RotaryHead wrote:why cant i use one car for all the modes, got to buy 3 rx7 when I use only 1 in real life.
Yeah, why? :-s There are 3 modification slot for each car, but all of them just for 1 type of race. I think it is better if we can set a car for different race type in each modification slot.

But at least, There are some improvement in this game that make me happy...
:arrow: I CAN AUTOSCULPT STOCK RIMS & KITS
I like this part, some cars have better stock bodykit than custom bodykit.
:arrow: I can have a lot of car for carrer
No "My Cars" in this game, but its ok.. I can buy them in carrer mode & ..
:arrow: 1 car can have 3 appearance & modification..
Haha... no "My Cars" is resolved with this (for me)
:arrow: Visual modification
Wow.. a lot of vinyls, & easier to move the vinyls because we can select the zone now...
(In carbon,, I'm bored when moving a vinyls to the top, hood, front, rear, left.... ahh)
:arrow: more race type..

:?: question : Can't modify Skyline GT-R Proto's body & visual. It is a bug too?? Or..
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Yeah, you pretty much summed up the game :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
AtaSu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AtaSu »

it's a pretty stupied qustion, but I gota know thet, can I do a whellie with a car? :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Haven't gotten the game yet.. But as far as I know, after watching the videos and people talking about it, you should be able to. :)
AtaSu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AtaSu »

I'vd made a muscle car, with 857 bhp and still I can't do a whilleie... :?:
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

AtaSu wrote:I'vd made a muscle car, with 857 bhp and still I can't do a whilleie... :?:
And exactly what car is that.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Some cars need to be tuned specifically in order to be able to do a wheelie.
iceman_racing
Stock
Stock

Post by iceman_racing »

awwww maaan...
Such an INSANE selection of cars and they leave out street racing?!?!? just unforgivable really.

I dont know why some people dislike free roaming... they say this is a racing game and wat not,but if it were upto me,d rather drive around for the events rather click on some stupid map for the events...

and oh,btw,wheeling only works on wheeling events.and any car more than 500bhp can pop one. just tweak round with the gear ratios for acceleration and soften the suspension.

cheers ;)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

OK, here goes with my thoughts on this game - I've just beaten the ShowDown King, Ryo:

Drag and Drift - awesome, just love these 2 modes. Shame I had to try just about every car before I realised that the Supra is almost unbeatable in Drag (still haven't got any free car markers apart from the one I accidentally wasted, so STILL can't buy a Zonda) and the Corolla is the best for Drift. At least they are for me; can't score anywhere near as highly with any other rides :roll: . Wheelie Competitions are the best addition to NFS of all time, therefore 9/10 for these modes.

Speed - firetruck me, this mode is just gay. I would say that the cars all handle like Routemaster buses, but that would be an insult to the public conveyance - the cars just don't react when you need them to when using a keyboard. I've given up trying to beat the Speed King - what with using keyboard, my lack of skills, and the unrealistic (sorry EA - I know you tried to make this more of a sim, but you haven't quite made it IMHO) handling I just constantly total. This mode gets 2 out of 10.

Which just leaves Grip. Quite enjoy this mode, nice challenging tracks and fair AI. Would have been nice to have included some decent real-world tracks like Silverstone. However, generally well implemented, 8/10.

Overall 7 out of 10 - must try harder.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

AtaSu wrote:I'vd made a muscle car, with 857 bhp and still I can't do a whilleie... :?:
Really? I tuned both an RX-8 and a Cadillac CTS-V for drag and both do wheelie's. In fact, the Cadillac is the only one that I have pulled a 1320 foot wheelie in.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I put this in the technical help but to no avail. The rumble feature on my 360 pad doesn't want to work. There is nothing wrong with the pad, the rumble feature works fine with other games, so I can only assume that it is the game. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've tried all the usual methods (reinstalling drivers, the game, etc).
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

Just maxxing the bhp won't necessarily make your car do wheelies.
Ofcourse you need a lot of bhp, but grip is very important too.
Make sure you have at least level 3 tires and some other traction upgrades.
If it still doesn't make wheelies you'll have to tune your cars settings a bit, like making the tires a bit softer.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

I was never particulary fond of free roaming. But cop chases were one of the best things in the last nfs release - it's sad that in Carbon they weren't compulsory. Canyon races (including drifting) were awsome too.

Closed circuit racing is a different thing, and this time I found it quite boring. Besides, the drifting and speed physics system are terribly arcady. I guess the next nfs won't offer cities again.

But when that happens, checkpoint races should be held with all streets open, so you have to make your own path to reach the checkpoints. Real police chases during races can make it even harder - you may need to take a longer path to evade them.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Well I just got the game today and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be :D .
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

GLoPJe wrote:
AtaSu wrote:I gota ask this qustion, why the hell nfs ps dosent got a free roam mode?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :evil:
drifting ur driftcar in the city or in ur drag car on the highway something like that would be awesome

but when I look at almsot all EA games i can see one thing they only think about....Money :? .
So now there's the Energizer Lithium Extender Pack, and for FREE. so do u think EA is only tinking about money now?
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

ahmad0410 wrote:
GLoPJe wrote:

So now there's the Energizer Lithium Extender Pack, and for FREE. so do u think EA is only tinking about money now?
well not only on money but i think they do way to much

and if the think right they finish a game and they can earn alot more money cuz people wont stop playing and things

Return to “ProStreet”