Dodge Challenger pull left

Performance tuner hangout for discussion related to performance tuning and blueprints.
banionis
Ricer
Ricer

Dodge Challenger pull left

Post by banionis »

Hi guys. I need some tips to straight up my Drag machine.
I have a Dodge Challenger, engine stage 3, clutch stage 3, n20 stage 2, tires stage 3, suspension stage 3.
I dont know why, but in 1/2 mille races, after put the 4th, my car starts to slide to left.
I tried mod car height, made suspension more soft and more harder, put a lot of body kits mods but I cant put it straight again.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Dodge Challenger pull left

Post by Tsarg »

It happens to me too but only hen i use the NO2. I havent found anything i can do about it, just shoot my NO2 at 5th gear and it usually stays steady, however if you want to make a very good time then you must risk it and shoot your NO2 earlier than 5th.

The way i see it is: "shiznit happens .... and in car racing it tends to happen a lot!!!" :P :P :P
Dragin' is my crack!!!
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Hmm... It can be a bug too.
My drag Supra is tuned up to 1067 HP and goes straight usually.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Muscle cars are known for steel-bending torque, so of course it's going to turn, all you can do is hope it doesnt effect you too bad.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Try increasing the toe-in of the suspension, dropping the tyre pressures (particularly at the rear), and if that doesnt work, altering the gearing between third and fourth (but dont touch the final drive). Its possible that the RPMS you hit in fourth are where the peak torque is made, causing the car to try and oversteer. Is there any wheel-spin? If not, its likely to do with your suspension set up. By reducing the trye pressures youll find the car shouldnt want to turn, and increasing the toe-in will make it much more stable.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Dark_Ride
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dark_Ride »

I used the Charger R/T ffor drag racing and i had the same problem when i shot the N2O. I hadnt found a way to fix it but i usually steered to the right at the ebggining of the race, so when the car steers to the other side i dont crash with the wall !!
It doesnt mather how you stand by your car Its how you race your car you better learn that
ThaPrestige
Stock
Stock

Post by ThaPrestige »

yo does anyone have a camaro ss on the xbox 360 and can go lower than 5.54 in it cause ive been at it 4 about a week 1/2 or tuning for the dodge challenger plz id aprreciate .....it ThaPrestige is also my gamertag
Drive Fast *****
QUINTIN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by QUINTIN »

I happen to have the same problem when I pus n2o before front wheels of my 1048 BHP supra touchdown, so it cant be as Lan.Evo.III said
Lan.Evo.III wrote:Muscle cars are known for steel-bending torque, so of course it's going to turn, all you can do is hope it doesnt effect you too bad.

Return to “The Garage”