22%
European
78%

Total votes: 74

SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

I'm gonna say just one thing. Look at americas best race car - corvette. Engine structure is really old and crapy, only 2 valves/cylinder and pushrod technology, with leaf springs and crap transmission. Then look at qualitiy and everything will be clear to you. Car is really badly made, there are a lot of new Z06s that literaly fell apart. Interior is even worse than in Fiat Punto. Although it preforms excellent for the buck, It just can't get in legue with 911 turbo or DB9. And don't forget in EU for that you get a BMW 650 that delivers a little less power than the vette, but a lot better overall quality.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:
darknight788 wrote:here in america if your car/truck doesnt have atleast 300 hp it is considered underpowered or outdated.
You shouldn't worry about outdated cause most american cars are outdated before they reach the showroom. cause US manufacturers tend to use technologies that where used in the middleages, like leafsprings crued transmission systems and axels. with huge unsofisticated engines.
Wtf are you talking about? The car engine is Outdated.. Cmon, we are in the 21st century and driving Cars that run off fossil fuel.. Big and clunky and heavy... OOh I got A Nav System .. Next Gen.. Pfh... Cars are outdated.....
korge
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i also like porsches, so my vote goes to european...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote:here in america if your car/truck doesnt have atleast 300 hp it is considered underpowered or outdated. its kinda funny to watch the competition while we the consumers benefit from very powerful vehicles (for the ones like me who dont care about fuel economy) :D
Well some of the big fat yanks should come and meet my next project car.
1.6, 300BHP, 4WD and 650KG. Mk3 Polo Coupe chassis, 140bhp 1.6 GTi engine and a Garrett GT2871R. Ought to be a good bit of fun.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

Sounds interestig, probably good car
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

I gotto go with european, they make awesome cars. Lamborghini, Ferarri, Porshe, Aston Martin, Lotus, Maserati, they all rock!
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

European why? maybe becuz it's not so much into power and i forgot the rest
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Tuners Rock wrote:I gotto go with european, they make awesome cars. Lamborghini, Ferarri, Porshe, Aston Martin, Lotus, Maserati, they all rock!
lmao.. whatever dude, you were just attacked for liking tuners to much.. No point in brownnosing now.. :P
korge
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

korge wrote:
Tuners Rock wrote:I gotto go with european, they make awesome cars. Lamborghini, Ferarri, Porshe, Aston Martin, Lotus, Maserati, they all rock!
lmao.. whatever dude, you were just attacked for liking tuners to much.. No point in brownnosing now.. :P
I like Tuners a lot, but it doesnt meen that I dont like some other classes, I like Gallardos. Ill post pics in another thread showing these Lambo pics i took at a car show. I still like tuners more. The thread is Gallardo pics.
SKYLINEHUNTER55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: American Cars or European Cars?

Post by SKYLINEHUNTER55 »

WE LOVE EUROPEAN!!!!!!!!!

Especially the McLaren F1 and Buggati Veyron 16.4
Last edited by SKYLINEHUNTER55 on 31 Jan 2008, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
User deactivated: Keeps on reviving old topics and going off-topic in them after many many warnings.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Really the only good car to come out of America at the moment is the Ford GT in my opinion although the new ZR1 Corvette isn't looking too shabby.

Therefore, my vote goes to Europe.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

American domestics may be pieces of poo, but I won't bash their looks - the latest Corvette and Ford GT are two of the best looking cars ever made, in my opinion. 8)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

European. I love the sleek designs, the power and the allure that they have...like a 7-Series BMW, or a Vanquish.. 8)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:American domestics may be pieces of poo, but I won't bash their looks - the latest Corvette and Ford GT are two of the best looking cars ever made, in my opinion. 8)
And the Dodge Viper used to be one of my all-time faves, that is of course until the Murcie was released....
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

I have to ask: Is it really fair to compare American and European cars?

Plainly, if you want to be stupid with a car (i.e. me), you should have an American.

If you actually want to drive the car quickly around corners, get a European.

I personally wouldn't drive a European car in the US because it would just be a waste. There are few places to really drive a car around here.

Conversely, I would not drive an American car in Europe because it would be too out of place, not to mention rubbish on the bendy roads.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

US sportscars are hardly ever sold in europe, mostly because they don't work very well over here (not that they are bad cars or anything, they often very big and build for US roads)

In a episode of TG they went to France with 3 supercars (Ford GT, Pagani Zonda and Ferrari F430) and they took a couple of small mountainroads with loads of corners and hairpins, and Clarkson said that the designers of the Ford GT most likely never knew roads like that existed in the world
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It must still be good though because he bought one....
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

And all he's done is complain about it. :P
I remember hearing/reading somewhere that the Ford GT went on recall shortly after its debut due to issues with the suspension. :-k
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It was his own car he drove in France, but he also sold his GT again because the car annoyed him so much and he bought a Gallardo Spider instead.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Didn't know that... I watch the shows, I don't pay much attention to anything outside of that.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

In season 9 or 10 he tells that he bought a Gallardo spider and got rid of the GT because it had to many problems.
SKYLINEHUNTER55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Another One from me
Attachments
THIS IS OK IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ONE...???
THIS IS OK IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ONE...???
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

In all fairness to US cars, they are really upping their game, and despite what Clarkson says, theyre not quite as inferior as he makes out. Corvettes have had independant rear suspension since the '60s, and the ''leaf spring'' on the new Z06 is just another type of spring, which is lateral and sits underneath the rear wishbone. Not to mention its made out of a carbon composite...

What with the new ZR1, the Viper ACR and that damned Shelby thing, the US is finally competing where it counts. In all honesty, I still dont think theyre quite up to beating their European counterparts, but then it shouldnt come as a surprise that the best handling car of '08 will probably be Japanese anyway.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
SKYLINEHUNTER55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The only cars that still are owned by their ony brand here in England is Land Rover as on the other hand Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce and McLaren are owned by different car brands.

P.S. I'm not sure if Aston Martin is.
User deactivated: Keeps on reviving old topics and going off-topic in them after many many warnings.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Jaguar is owned by Ford, Volkswagen owns Bentley and countless other companies, and I'm pretty sure Aston Martin became an independant company after being owned by Ford, not sure if that's changed or not.

Return to “The Cars”